Gas is going to be 4 a gal this summer

Wanna trade with mine? I fill up almost 50 dollars on a tank! I know it will hit 50 eventually, and my sucker drinks a gallon for every 14 miles!
Hubby's van takes at least $60 to fill now. He fills it about three times per week, so that's about $180 per week. :( That's just for work.

I'm afraid a scooter can't take the place of a full size commercial van. ;)
If it's for personal use, just for you to go get a bottle of soda from 7-11 that's a few miles away... then a scooter would be perfect. :)

If it's for personal use, just for you to go get a bottle of soda from 7-11 that's a few miles away... then a scooter would be perfect. :)
Except we don't make wasteful trips in our Jeeps or van for a bottle of soda. :) We either do without, or get everything we need during our weekly shopping, or stop at the store on the way home from work. So really, a scooter wouldn't replace any travel for us. We plan our daily travel like a military operation, heh, heh.

That is Bush's fault.

I am driving my honda civic, cheap gas but still expensive!

I have to move to Portland so I can use pollution-free max! (the train) Or I can just ride on the city bus, saving pollution and money, very clean and happy :)

Maybe they do that to begging on people to get out of car.

Bush Fault? Howcome gas prices shot up worldwide? It got nothing to do with Bush!

At least I am glad Bush refused to do anything about this, because he is not going to make same mistake as Former President, Rochard Nixon made!
Richard Nixon was stupid for freezing gas price, and it went out of control!
Better hit hisotry book before blaming on anyone. I am old enough to remember this huge oil crisis back in early '70's.

That is Bush's fault.

I have to move to Portland so I can use pollution-free max! (the train) Or I can just ride on the city bus, saving pollution and money, very clean and happy :)

That is Bush's fault.

Hell no, I need have car for my job and go to somewhere because suburb of Chicago isn't public transportation supported.

Geez...gas better not go up to $4 a gallon...otherwise my summer plans to go to the beach will be ruined cuz I have a SUV. I cant give it up..I love it toooo much but if I have to then I will. :tears:

erm! Polluted free? That is hogwash! EVEN though train may not emit any pollution, still where do you think they got electricity from, eh? Of course power plant, more than 80% of the are filled with pollution, so therefore it is NOT pollution-free!

Bush Fault? Howcome gas prices shot up worldwide? It got nothing to do with Bush!

At least I am glad Bush refused to do anything about this, because he is not going to make same mistake as Former President, Rochard Nixon made!
Richard Nixon was stupid for freezing gas price, and it went out of control!
Better hit hisotry book before blaming on anyone. I am old enough to remember this huge oil crisis back in early '70's.

Amen! At least some of us remember the past...:D

im not suprised, well if poeple cld start thinking other alternatives like carpooling then it would work! i carpool with my co workers when we have to do overtimes, but most of the time i take the bus to work and then take my car home from town. there is ONLY 1 bus service morning and evening and they dont leave til after 6 am and i have to already be on the road so i have to drive into the next town to get on bus then go to the workplace then when i get off i have to get back on the bus get in my car drive 30 mins home! at least im not stuck in traffic!

Bus is not viable solution in every location! As for my area, it is not good solution and my work is out of bus line. Whats more it is not economically for smaller area because average bus takes 3 to 5 miles per gallon!!! So, it is not economically feasible. I would understand if it were in Los Angeles, NYC, Chicago, because there is more people that can ride at same time to justify the gas guzzling bus!
Plus, think about this, if bus ridership demand shot up, then fare will shot up too, so can't win!
im not suprised, well if poeple cld start thinking other alternatives like carpooling then it would work! i carpool with my co workers when we have to do overtimes, but most of the time i take the bus to work and then take my car home from town. there is ONLY 1 bus service morning and evening and they dont leave til after 6 am and i have to already be on the road so i have to drive into the next town to get on bus then go to the workplace then when i get off i have to get back on the bus get in my car drive 30 mins home! at least im not stuck in traffic!

Whats more it is not economically for smaller area because average bus takes 3 to 5 miles per gallon!!! So, it is not economically feasible. I would understand if it were in Los Angeles, NYC, Chicago, because there is more people that can ride at same time to justify the gas guzzling bus!
That's true; It depends on how many seats, on the average, are filled during these daily runs. Check out this article;

Fill Those Seats!

Currently, rail transit is a better alternative, but unfortunately, there's no rail transit nearby where I live. :(

Remember Throwstones' vision about gas that will go up at $ 5 in his thread ? His vision came true about the cost of gas.

Originally Posted by diehardbiker
You all should be grateful to be in America because in Europe, their gas price have always been 2-4 times more expensive than here! In Germany, I bet they cost around 9 dollars, which is better 9 bux or 4 bux, eh?

True, but we use bicycles real a lot and bought small cars due gasoline expenses.

We bought Opel Corsa at month ago to replace our dead BMW touring. We choose to have small car than big car because of gasoline expenses and use bicycles a lot.

True but Europe have better transportation system than in USA. And their location is smaller than our big country thus less distance to travel.

I just blew 30 to fill up my corolla XRS. :rl:

Yes but not all.

We have only train station 3 miles away from my area and bus connection at each hour in my area. It's not much transportation in small town or villages than cities.

Underground including buses and trains are everywhere in cities than small town and villiages.

Back