Games on Demand is the actual New X-gen gaming

XBGMER

Reaction score
I wanted to research deeply about Games on demand after I had discussed with steel x about "game on demands" from another thread few days ago..

I shockly realized that Games on demand is actually BLUE PRINT for nearly future.. the digital distribution of games and cloud based gaming services is NEW X-GEN GAMING! but Will it survive this next generation?

In any event the whole browser/cloud based gaming and things like this I just don’t know about.

Gaikai - they test on steaming pc

Playcast- In europe, they will launch in 2010 (coming soon).

OTOY - coming soon

Onlive - will be launch by this winter and already have the parthership with various game industry:
currentpartshipwithonli.jpg

Video game streaming technology working in any browser with no installs, no plug-ins.

Gaikai Game Streaming Technology Demo-
[yt]k-w56hQxmnY[/yt]

Gaikai: Live Demonstration -
[yt]jiaNQv1XqRw[/yt]

OTOY demo -
[yt]hvZKmSvOxMY[/yt]

OTOY on big screen -
[yt]8Y69ovztD40[/yt]

OTOY mobile
[yt]rZyk3wm3Cb0[/yt]

OnLive Video Demo -
[yt]j5oIr4o_MIk[/yt]

Onlive, Gaikai and others. See, there is already a standard and that is the PC. All on these streaming services still run pc hardware, it might be super powerful.

These services will help bring in new gamers into PC gaming, with a higher install base, more developer interest in the PC platform, etc.

Therefore, Money no longer has to flow back to Microsoft/Sony/Nintendo it will all flow to developers resulting in hopefully better games! And plus they don't have to waste development time tweaking each game for 3-4 different platforms.

Yep its a major possibility...we may pretty much see alot of that in the next generation someday.

Yep its a major possibility...we may pretty much see alot of that in the next generation someday.
Dude, Yeah, true, We can seeing the cloud gaming will be in spotlights and will see the commercial cloud gaming on their tv, sooner!

wow, there are another competition and each service just might have it’s own exclusives-

dsc0091uc.jpg

Now Spawnlab selling game console for 200 bucks.. check their site..

Spawn Labs Product Introduction
[yt]jkhHQOL3rC0[/yt]

Austin GDC Live Demo
[yt]tVWlzX48wqk[/yt]

You can use your own controller such as XBOX or PS2 or X360 plug and play. you can play all various games such as PS, PS3, XBOX, X360, NES are in one gaming console via the cloud gaming.. wow, thats neat idea.
from SpawnLabs site

Playcast is also working on xbox360 and playstation3 exclusive games running on their stream.

StreamMyGame - Doom 3
[yt]H_AuW9J53W8[/yt]

you can play HALO series, FEAR series, high end gaming titles running on streamMygame..

from StreamMyGame site

amdcloud.png

AMD says its called Fusion Render Cloud.

AMD and OTOY are working on the cloud gaming now and seeking patherships such as game industries. they said, they want to be competitive against Onlive.

Game on Demand is nice but sadly, my DSL is topped at 3 mbps so no option to upgrade into faster speed due DSLAM limitation, it is telephone companies that make responsible to upgrade the hardware in DSLAM, also no cable internet either in my area, Onlive said 5 mbps is required for HD graphic and 1.5 mbps is required for standard graphic (closer to Wii style graphic).

I prefer retail version of games that come in CD or DVD and digital download is second option for now.

Agreed. I predit discs will be GONE in 5-10 years.

What happen to people if they live in area that don't offers DSL or cable so 56k is only option, it is existing in some area, especially in rural and small town.

Satellite internet is out of range for Game on Demand due very high latency so it is okay for digital download but too way slow, it is usually offers up to 1.5 mbps.

I think that retail disc will still existing in near future.

Agreed. I predit discs will be GONE in 5-10 years.
Yes I agree with your predictable of discs will vanish away for 5- 10 years. but they can change industries and business to force customers to downloading games, movies, musics form their servers so quickly.. Look at best buy and walmart toss CRT TV so quicky and selling new LCD TV now. it forces customers to buy LCD TV..

Game on Demand is nice but sadly, my DSL is topped at 3 mbps so no option to upgrade into faster speed due DSLAM limitation, it is telephone companies that make responsible to upgrade the hardware in DSLAM, also no cable internet either in my area, Onlive said 5 mbps is required for HD graphic and 1.5 mbps is required for standard graphic (closer to Wii style graphic).

I prefer retail version of games that come in CD or DVD and digital download is second option for now.
Ahhh no surprise...Yeah I had heard from others say they rather have phycial copy of games in their hands. they can collect, resale or trade. I understanding their good points.

I remember that read AMD's article saying if gamers playing video streams, require powerful CPU which is meet stream's speed or whatever..

I think that retail disc will still existing in near future.
Yes true.. Unfortunately, stores will have few discs. all stores included pravicy stores business will sell digital card for downloading Music, Video, games.

dont forget the NEW AGE aka NEXT GEN already comes.

I know you guys dont interesting steam/ cloud gaming.. just update-

Spawn HD-720 Hands On: Hey, Streaming Gaming Might Just Work

----

Anyway, Now I understanding why Onlive plan for future. I dont think so onlive tried to replace Valve steam for PC. Valve steam was first steam cloud PC before onlive be on spotlight in 2009. Onlive has some pc games via the cloud without downloading it.. Onlive will be fail.. or onlive better change in some way like Valve Steams currently does. it would be dominate various D2D/ steam industires.

b_141846.jpg

b_141946.jpg

Got the invite + the special offer today! I am looking forward to a free year to try the service! Pacific server less than 100 miles to me! w00t w00t!

Oh cool, I'm not interested in OnLive, seriously because of no mods support, that's majority reason and my DSL sucks...

Wirelessly posted

Foxrac said:
Oh cool, I'm not interested in OnLive, seriously because of no mods support, that's majority reason and my DSL sucks...

Remember that We truly are living in the age of technology!

You play video games on steam, you
cant mod anything. whats your point?

Technology is advancing way to fast like this serious.

29863125450905659916457.jpg

onliveonipad.jpg

onliveoniphone.jpg

dsc00306q.jpg

Thats why i am reserve judgments till i have had a chance to try the Onlive for myself

Wirelessly posted

Remember that We truly are living in the age of technology!

You play video games on steam, you
cant mod anything. whats your point?

Technology is advancing way to fast like this serious.

Thats why i am reserve judgments till i have had a chance to try the Onlive for myself

Steam offers alot of mods, especially Left 4 Dead, Killing Floor, Half Life, Portal, Counterstrike Source, Gary Mod etc.

Steam isn't same as OnLive because Steam uses full game download and meet same requirement system as regular PC games on retail copy. OnLive puts all games in their centralized server and you are required to have all time internet connection to get work since Steam supports offline games because it installed completely in HDD.

I use alot of mods on Steam, of course.

Not every quality of internet connection are create a equal and move to my area then you will understand about our issue with DSL, even there is plenty of area don't have broadband.

There is example of mod support on Steam.
55.jpg

There is manual mods support too for Steam games like Pezbot bots support mod for Call of Duy's multiplayer like put mods files in Steam installation directory.

OnLive won't support mod community because all games will be in their server instead of goes to installation directory. That's how OnLive explains in their website.

Xbox Live has Games on Demand and they are full download (around 5 GB) and install in HDD.

Pretty similar to Steam but I'm just say that Steam and Game on Demand via Xbox Live are content delivery.

I purchased Perfect Dark Zero from Game on Demand and it installed in my HDD after downloaded at 5 GB or so.

I'm active console gamer again because of long summer break with small classes.

Hey, I did tried ONLIVE on my PC, and look good so far. i recent played Just Cause 2 and DiRT 2, WOW, graphic look fantastic on my 4 years old PC.

meh...I've used consoles since 1987...why stop now?

Exactly.

MS will want to keep their handle on the US gaming market. What better way to do that for the 360 and the next gen console?

While Games on Demand looks cool but people would rather keep their PC/Laptop separate from their gaming, IMO.

Back