Gallaudet University about family dorm?

Phillips

Lets ride horses!
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hi

I am mom of two daughters... If I am apply for Gallaudent University..... Do they have provide dorm in campus for mom and her kids sleep? I looked up apartment and it's too expensive!! :hmm:

They might be able to offer rooms. I don't remember if just rooms or if there were designated floors for families only. Call or write the Student Life office- they may know more. I vaguely remember one of the dorms having that kind of arrangements (1 or 2 floors specific for families)

Hi

I am mom of two daughters... If I am apply for Gallaudent University..... Do they have provide dorm in campus for mom and her kids sleep? I looked up apartment and it's too expensive!! :hmm:

FAMILY HOUSING AT THE KENDALL APARTMENTS
Kendall Apartments is a designated building for students with children (children are defined as ages 0 to 18 years or are still in high school). Kendall Apartments consist of a total of 18 apartments, two lobby areas, shared laundry room, bike rack area, and designated parking spaces. The unfurnished apartments include two bedrooms, bathroom, living room, kitchen, and dining area. The maximum capacity for each apartment is four (4) persons, including children.

Prior to occupying an apartment, an apartment deposit equivalent to a month's occupancy fee will be required upfront. Monthly occupancy fees will be billed to the students' accounts. Students who reside in the Kendall Apartments will be exempt from the meal plans. There is a five-year residency cap for family housing.

To be eligible for family housing, at least one parent in the family must currently be a matriculated student. For couples, proof of marriage or domestic partnership is required prior to residing in Kendall Apartments. Applicants will be placed on the waiting list and will be contacted when an apartment becomes available to the student's family. To apply, please contact us at residence.life@gallaudet.edu to retrieve the application form fand submit a completed Family Housing Application Form to the Office of Residence Life and Housing.
http://www.gallaudet.edu/reslife/housing/residence_halls/apartments.html

Is this what you already checked? I think it is the only housing for families at Gallaudet.

As Gally student, there is one option for on-campus living for you - Kendall Apartment.

You have to be placed on waiting list and it may take years to get.

Parent with child isn't allowed to live in apartment at residence halls but only Kendall Apartment is allowed.

Other option is off-campus but I don't recommended you to live closer to Gally campus due to high crime so NoVA is children friendly.

Back