Gallaudet looking for a new President

now the SBG and GSA have reps on the search committee. but the majority of the search committee are the ducks.....

Also adding I know it is not up to the student body to decide who's president but it is however up to the Board of Trustees that makes that decision.

now the SBG and GSA have reps on the search committee. but the majority of the search committee are the ducks.....

The current BOT is comprised of what percentage of deaf members?

Here we go again.

I won't be surprised if they start another protest after the next president is chosen.

The first protest was because the president wasn't deaf.

The second protest was because the president wasn't deaf enough.

I wonder what the third protest will be about? ;)

so much drama there, eh?

No offense to anyone who goes there, even thou I never went there I have heard it is one of the worst deaf schools in the US.

Not AGAIN!!! immaturity sure has alot to do with the protests don't you think ?:|

The first protest was because the president wasn't deaf.

The second protest was because the president wasn't deaf enough.

1) The first protest was a human rights issue in general. We felt it was time for Gallaudet University to adopt a Deaf president since there were many qualified Deaf and hard of hearing academic people who could be our president. We already sent a clear and loud message of our wishes to the Board of Trustees which consisted of many hearing people WAY BEFORE the protest happened. I was there as one of many protesters.

2) The IKJ people and media used "Not deaf enough" term to take advantages of public ignorance in this matter. The real issues about the second protest were: 1) Flawed and biased presidential search process, 2) Jane Fernandes' cool relationship with staff, faculty and students, 3) the appointment of Jane Fernandes was highly questionable because there were CLEARLY BETTER QUALIFIED candidates than her and 4) her questionable actions as provost.

I can assure you that there will be NO protest this time because they have learned hard lessons from the most recent protests. At this moment, the PSAC is much better run and unbiased.

so much drama there, eh?

No offense to anyone who goes there, even thou I never went there I have heard it is one of the worst deaf schools in the US.

You heard it from wrong people.

You already have lost my respect because you offended my pride as a Gally Alumni. You made a prejudice toward Gally since you were never there!

Gally has gone through ANOTHER President?!

Yes hearing people can apply for the job at Gally, and Gally actually had only hearing Presidents up until the DPN Protests in 1989 I believe (my year could be off, I was very young when this happened). Given that, Im betting the student body is wanting a deaf president and rightfully so.

It was 1988 and I was there as protester.

I believe at this moment the majority of students, faculty and staff will accept the new president regardless of whether or not the person is Deaf or not because the PSAC is much better, unbiased and more governed with the rules and criteria.

1) The first protest was a human rights issue in general. We felt it was time for Gallaudet University to adopt a Deaf president since there were many qualified Deaf and hard of hearing academic people who could be our president. We already sent a clear and loud message of our wishes to the Board of Trustees which consisted of many hearing people WAY BEFORE the protest happened. I was there as one of many protesters.

2) The IKJ people and media used "Not deaf enough" term to take advantages of public ignorance in this matter. The real issues about the second protest were: 1) Flawed and biased presidential search process, 2) Jane Fernandes' cool relationship with staff, faculty and students, 3) the appointment of Jane Fernandes was highly questionable because there were CLEARLY BETTER QUALIFIED candidates than her and 4) her questionable actions as provost.

I can assure you that there will be NO protest this time because they have learned hard lessons from the most recent protests. At this moment, the PSAC is much better run and unbiased.
How do we know they won't do it again? What if they try hard to find something wrong. Someone always does.

Well - lets see whats happens down the road shall we ? All I can say is that history tends to repeat itself.

How do we know they won't do it again? What if they try hard to find something wrong. Someone always does.

I understand your point, but in according to my contacts at Gally, everybody seems to be okay what's going on with the PSAC.

Well - lets see whats happens down the road shall we ? All I can say is that history tends to repeat itself.

I concur with your point; but at this point, it will not happen again. Because they have learned alot of hard lessons from the last protest.

Steel-san, don't write about something you don't know anything about.
How would you know? You never been there, never done that at Gallaudet. I did.

so much drama there, eh?

You heard it from wrong people.

You already have lost my respect because you offended my pride as a Gally Alumni. You made a prejudice toward Gally since you were never there!

Okay...sorry? I didnt even say it was the one of the worst schools for the deaf. I said I HEARD it was one of the worst schools for the deaf. read again. :roll: your blaming the wrong person.

Steel-san, don't write about something you don't know anything about.
How would you know? You never been there, never done that at Gallaudet. I did.

Read what I said again. Thank you.

Back