Gallaudet Honors

darkangel8603

Reaction score
Curious had anybody been honors student at gallaudet? If so, what is it like?
Just curious about it.. I got a letter today saying that i am a candidate for honors, and i had to interview and do other stuff before they can decide whether or not i am accepted.. But i want to see some experiences with it, so i can get what honors program is like before i decide whether or not to interview..

The honors program has been changed a lot in the past 5 years, so anyone who was in it years ago wouldn't really know anymore.

As an aside, I'll be starting up in the honors program this fall.

ayala920 said:
The honors program has been changed a lot in the past 5 years, so anyone who was in it years ago wouldn't really know anymore.

As an aside, I'll be starting up in the honors program this fall.

what year are you in?

ayala920 said:
I'm transferring to Gally this fall, but I'll still be a freshman.

Good for you... If you are trying to get on Honor Roll... Just check out requirements.... and do your best all you can do... GO FOR IT!!

SxyPorkie

ayala920 said:
Ayala is correct in this regard. I would have never gotten into the Honors Program right now. I just don't have the discipline necessary to undertake the Honors Program regimen at Gally.

That all said, I truly hope you will seriously consider the offer to join the Honors Program. It is truly one of Gallaudet's rare bright spots on campus, full of highly regarded DHH peers. (Ok, and one HUG or two!) ;) If you do make it, please accept my heartfelt congratulations and I wish you the very best in your studies.

This was the major reason why I joined the Honors Program all those years ago; I wanted to be with other similar Deaf peers who were my equals or even better than me academically. I had a 'blast' time and will forever remember the friendships forged there.

Back