gahh!! time to start learning how to drivee....oh noo!!!

coolspyer they do get u to do parallel parking as well as 3 point turn in ur driving test! it's really not that hard and the driving school will teach u pointers and lil hints on how to do it properly!

For some strange reason, I imagined you to be older than you are. :hmm: The tone of many of your posts suggests a more mature person.

:laugh2: Really? I realized that I am beyond more mature than I thought. Spoken for words, my english is better than I think. :hmm:

What's with the laugh buddy? I am only 22 years old, well almost. You can explain 6 years.

Did you know that for the first year these people who got their licence, are banned to drive high powered cars in Sydney?

Whooa no HSV's and FPV falcons for their first year eh? does that apply to other drivers out of Sydney?

Whooa no HSV's and FPV falcons for their first year eh? does that apply to other drivers out of Sydney?

People who holds the Provisional Licence (Red 'P') in Sydney areas (not outside) are not allowed to drive high powered 6 clyinders, V8's, and high turbo cars, they are banned since they NSW government has strict rules due to high stastics of young car accidents in Sydney metro area. They are allowed ot have them when they are on open full licence after three years.

In Canberra, which is my hometown, that's different. People wth Provisional licence is allowed, as long they are careful.

Hey guys, I was reading my Driver's manual.. 2 questions..

1) What the heck does CDL means??

2) What does the yeild sign does? Because i have no idea what that really means

1) What the heck does CDL means??--CDL is like a SEMI-TRUCK or UPS driver- it has to be CDL to drive the big vecihles. You will see the CDL licenses- A or B- it depends how the drivers are with the truckers.

2) What does the yeild sign does? Because i have no idea what that really means?--Yield sign meant STOP... same thing as STOP sign. Yield sign means to stop and look before you go ahead to turn left or right.

Got it? Understand clearly as well?? :) Hopefully it does helpfully for you.

1) What the heck does CDL means??--CDL is like a SEMI-TRUCK or UPS driver- it has to be CDL to drive the big vecihles. You will see the CDL licenses- A or B- it depends how the drivers are with the truckers.

2) What does the yeild sign does? Because i have no idea what that really means?--Yield sign meant STOP... same thing as STOP sign. Yield sign means to stop and look before you go ahead to turn left or right.

Got it? Understand clearly as well?? :) Hopefully it does helpfully for you.

Yeppp I understand now!! :D

:ty:

I got permit at 14 yrs old, then got driver license a bit after 15 years old.

I really want to having a license for motorcycle :D

Yield does not require you to STOP and look. that's what STOP sign is for - stop and look.

Yield Sign means you must GIVE WAY to other drivers first before you get on the road. Basically it means you should slow down but not necessarily FULL stop. It also means you should be prepared to FULLY STOP to give way for other cars. If there's no cars around, you can just drive at normal speed without stopping but it's highly recommended that you "slow down" when you see that sign to look around before merging onto road

go for it! it's very easy. Take MSF class!

Yield does not require you to STOP and look. that's what STOP sign is for - stop and look.

Yield Sign means you must GIVE WAY to other drivers first before you get on the road. Basically it means you should slow down but not necessarily FULL stop. It also means you should be prepared to FULLY STOP to give way for other cars. If there's no cars around, you can just drive at normal speed without stopping but it's highly recommended that you "slow down" when you see that sign to look around before merging onto road

I see, Now when you say give away, what do you mean by that??? And in the manual I read that trucks or cars have blind spots. What is blind spots??

Blind spots where you can not see cars on your driver side mirror, and the car is on your driver's side, but not visble on the mirror, that's blind spot.

Since others hasn't done this, CDL stands for commercial drivers license.

I'm pretty much old enough now to drive. But I'm studying for it. i haven't took the written part of the test. But I've just started studying. My dad had been teasing me on how he had a old car, which was my grandpa's car and I would drive it. I didn't want to because its such an old car. It's a minivan. I'm not sure what kind it is. I just want to get a small car. Not too fancy though. I'm not like one of those spoiled kids on mtv that wants a BMW or a lexus. And plus with everything in the world today being so expensive, I just rather buy a small car from used cars or something. I don't wanna have my parents to buy me expensive stuff such as My implant, Hearing aids, my phone, clothes, and I want to be able to do something for them too. But I can't think of one to show them how i appreciate them.

but I'm definatly scared of driving now...My dad wants to take me to my school and drive for a little bit. Just for practice. I don't have my temps yet. But I'm hoping i can be a good driver.

well good luck i just turned 16 and will get my license by the end of this month after having learners permit for a whole year... im excited! I have get a job before I can get a car though because I need to buy my own car, pay for my own insurance, buy gas and w/e else that might come up...

"GOOD LUCK" - dont be nervous either because the more confidence you have the better you drive! if yo tell yourself you will do bad then you "will" do bad and you dont want that!

where do you live because I live in Florida where you get permit at 15 and license ant 16... I always thought we were early beacuse my cousins live in New jersey and get permit at 16 license at 17... unless it changed from when you got your license.. idk

I see, Now when you say give away, what do you mean by that??? And in the manual I read that trucks or cars have blind spots. What is blind spots??
A blind spot is a spot u cant see in your mirrors in the car. You have to check your blind spots by turning your head to check before you change lanes and before you reverse, park, parallel park etc. when you do your road test MAKE SURE you check your blind spots alllll the time..you can even over exagerate checking them cuz if you only slightly look they can fail you for not making it knwn that u are checking your blind spots.

oh my god, thanks for clarifying that jiro!!! it's so annoying when people stop at the end of the ramp onto a major highway at a yield sign. it's sooo hard to pick the car up to speed to go from 0 to 65 at that point.

i started driving about 6 years ago too, and i'm 31! :hmm: i wouldn't discount the whole parallel parking thing. even if the school doesn't teach it, the cop who tests you might want you to do it. you'll find that there are things you are good at when it comes to parking. you'll either be good at parallel parking, backing in or pulling in. i'm really good at backing in and parallel parking, but i'm lousy at pulling straight in.

the mini van not cool enough?? go watch 'get shorty.'

GIVE WAY, not GIVE AWAY. It means you must let them pass and wait for your turn.

Like what posters said - blind spot is the certain area behind and side of your car that you cannot see with your mirror. That's why after you look the mirror, you must look at the blind spot with your own eyes before you change the lane or turn.

Car Blind Spot
blindSpots.gif

Truck Blind Spot
blind22.jpg

Here's what my dad did to teach me about Blind Spot is. When you're at parking lot, put any big object in front of you like a shopping cart, a parked car, or anything. Slowly drive straight past that object at your LEFT SIDE while looking your left side mirror. You will see that it disappears from your mirror view and then later reappears. The moment when the object disappeared from your mirror is your Blind Spot.

Repeat this process again and when the object disappears from your mirror - STOP the car. Then turn your face to look at the object. You will see it. That's why you have to look at the mirror and THEN look with your own eyes. Don't worry - this habit will be your second nature after a while. :cool2:

GIVE WAY, not GIVE AWAY. It means you must let them pass and wait for your turn.

Like what posters said - blind spot is the certain area behind and side of your car that you cannot see with your mirror. That's why after you look the mirror, you must look at the blind spot with your own eyes before you change the lane or turn.

Car Blind Spot
blindSpots.gif

Truck Blind Spot
blind22.jpg

Here's what my dad did to teach me about Blind Spot is. When you're at parking lot, put any big object in front of you like a shopping cart, a parked car, or anything. Slowly drive straight past that object at your LEFT SIDE while looking your left side mirror. You will see that it disappears from your mirror view and then later reappears. The moment when the object disappeared from your mirror is your Blind Spot.

Repeat this process again and when the object disappears from your mirror - STOP the car. Then turn your face to look at the object. You will see it. That's why you have to look at the mirror and THEN look with your own eyes. Don't worry - this habit will be your second nature after a while. :cool2:

Thanks!! I understand now. My friend katie was saying that the written test of driving is easy. But I was like: "I still need to study for it." ANd she said: "The test is easyyyyyyyy.. I got it all down. I didn't even study for it."

Back