FYI: Palm Oil

hellos245

Reaction score
Palm Oil is in a lot of foods, and they expect habitats to be gone by 2020. This is a serious problem.
I know this because I work in a zoo, plus my husband has many degrees on conservation areas.

-Palmate
-Palm Oil Kernel
-Palmitate
-Sodium Dodecyl Sulphate
-Sodium Lauryl Sulphates
-Sodium Laureth Sulphates
-Palmitate (Vitamin A, found in most milks)

http://www.cmzoo.org/conservation/palmOilCrisis/

Palm Oil is in a lot of foods, and they expect habitats to be gone by 2020. This is a serious problem.
I know this because I work in a zoo, plus my husband has many degrees on conservation areas.

-Palmate
-Palm Oil Kernel
-Palmitate
-Sodium Dodecyl Sulphate
-Sodium Lauryl Sulphates

Ok. Did you want to discuss this?

-Palmate
-Palm Oil Kernel
-Palmitate
-Sodium Dodecyl Sulphate
-Sodium Lauryl Sulphates

Why is this a problem? Back up your assertions with reliable sources, and, we might be able to have a decent conversation about it.

Why is this a problem? Back up your assertions with reliable sources, and, we might be able to have a decent conversation about it.

To make a difference for wild orangutans by raising awareness about the palm oil crisis and encouraging people to take action by providing tools and information that will allow them to make globally responsible consumer choices

Ok, Here are some websites...
http://www.cspinet.org/palm/PalmOilReport.pdf
Problem with Palm Oil Factsheet | Rainforest Action Network

Also;
Palm oil is a globally traded agricultural commodity that is used in 50 percent of all consumer goods, from lipstick and packaged food to body lotion and biofuels. Demand for palm oil in the U.S. has tripled in the last five years, pushing palm oil cultivation into the rainforests and making this crop one of the key causes of global rainforest destruction.

Read more: The Problem with Palm Oil | Rainforest Action Network The Problem with Palm Oil | Rainforest Action Network

Back