FX tv channel does not have captions

I just searched that movie for upcoming shows. It will be shown on Aug 10th and 11th on FX channel (I have FiOS) and I noticed there is no CC symbol. So I will have to wait and see (I scheduled it for recording on the 10th) and will let you know.

FX movies don't tell if it has CC or not, but FX TV shows do tell if have CC.

FX movies don't tell if it has CC or not, but FX TV shows do tell if have CC.
Interesting! I didn't notice it. Let me check it now. HOLD ON.....

Edited: I am back. OK, yeah, on TV guide for FX schedules, no CC symbol displayed for all movies and even new shows like Anger Management and Wilfred which are two of my favorites but the symbol displayed for old shows (reruns) like Two and Half Men. Weird! BTW, I remember watching some movies on that channel, all of them had CC. Wait and see if Avatar has CC, too.

Interesting! I didn't notice it. Let me check it now. HOLD ON.....

Edited: I am back. OK, yeah, on TV guide for FX schedules, no CC symbol displayed for all movies and even new shows like Anger Management and Wilfred which are two of my favorites but displayed for old shows (reruns) like Two and Half Men. Weird! BTW, I remember watching some movies on that channel, all of them had CC. Wait and see if Avatar has CC, too.

Yes, FCC regulation required all shows to have CC - got more strict after 2006.

I remember all TV shows and movie used display CC on information but not anymore, even HBO, MTV, Showtime don't put CC info anymore.

If CC is missing, it must be bad encoding from DVR or cable company.

Yes, FCC regulation required all shows to have CC - got more strict after 2006.

I remember all TV shows and movie used display CC on information but not anymore, even HBO, MTV, Showtime don't put CC info anymore.

If CC is missing, it must be bad encoding from DVR or cable company.
Did you watch Avatar on FX? With CC? No problem? I saw it with CC last year but I don't remember which channel.

Well, I guess Comcast just sucks.
Nothing on FX is captioned.
I'll see if I can get my husband (hearing) to call them and see what is up.

Me TV WCVB and This TV WHDH does not have CC and 217 WGHBH kids has no CC this a public TV station too. I called Comcast a numbers of times and they told me it was up to the stations to have CC and this is not true according to FCC . FCC said Comcast has make sure the stations have CC. You have file a complain and tell what show you where watching and what day and time and what station it was on.

Me TV WCVB and This TV WHDH does not have CC and 217 WGHBH kids has no CC this a public TV station too. I called Comcast a numbers of times and they told me it was up to the stations to have CC and this is not true according to FCC . FCC said Comcast has make sure the stations have CC. You have file a complain and tell what show you where watching and what day and time and what station it was on.

It could be Comcast or network, or both.

or test with different TV, if one doesn't work, other work so it can be TV or DVR.

It could be Comcast or network, or both.

or test with different TV, if one doesn't work, other work so it can be TV or DVR.
That's right. Before complaining to your service, test another TV in a different room first. Most of us have more than one TV.

That's right. Before complaining to your service, test another TV in a different room first. Most of us have more than one TV.

We only have one TV. But we are newly weds who are both in graduate school so we consider it a win of we don't eat ramen noodles (we are both wonderful cooks but can't afford luxuries like...food).

And our TV belonged to my husband's 99 year old late grandmother.

We only have one TV. But we are newly weds who are both in graduate school so we consider it a win of we don't eat ramen noodles (we are both wonderful cooks but can't afford luxuries like...food).

And our TV belonged to my husband's 99 year old late grandmother.
Oh well, when you become a doctor, you will have everything (including 300 gallons marine fish tank). :cool2:

I only have one TV so couldn't test... but when I do encounter CC issues, I contact my local deaf friends and ask them if they have CC on the same channel or not. I had this problem with the CW channel once... no CC, mentioned it on FB and asked the local deaf friends if they could check to see if their CW channel had caption. some said yes, some said no. uh... turns out it was the cable box itself. I had the older one and it wasn't getting the CC. Called cable company, they sent out a person the next day to take the old cable box and put in the newer one, and I got my CC.

So if you have an old enough cable box, it could be that too.

Oh well, when you become a doctor, you will have everything (including 300 gallons marine fish tank). :cool2:
Oh...you don't know how much money my husband (who is getting his pharmacy doctorate) and I owe in student loans.
We figure that we will be able to pay off our loans by the time we decide to retire at age 100 (it isn't quite that bad but all this schooling comes with a huge price and even when you are a real doctor or pharmacist, you spend a few years getting paid slighty more than minimum wedge while working 60+ hours per week)

Oh...you don't know how much money my husband (who is getting his pharmacy doctorate) and I owe in student loans.
We figure that we will be able to pay off our loans by the time we decide to retire at age 100 (it isn't quite that bad but all this schooling comes with a huge price and even when you are a real doctor or pharmacist, you spend a few years getting paid slighty more than minimum wedge while working 60+ hours per week)
Oh, those damn student loans!

BTW, FYI, I watched Avatar on FX aired on the 10th. There was no problem with CC at all.

Back