Future SLP looking for interview with someone who wears hearing aids!

Unfortunately there are a few people who can't resist being rude and unruly (even when they complain that other members are...oh the irony..)... ignore/scroll past 'em.

Mine (as for Calvin- he doesn't wear hearing aids I don't think).
1. How long have you worn your hearing aids?
since the age of 2 (so...a very very long time let's just say more than 35 years ahem...

2. For how long before you got your hearing aids did you suspect you had a hearing loss?
Never- I was born deaf.

3. How long do you wear your hearing aids each day?
Anywhere between 0-16ish hours usually depending on the day.

4. Do you feel like you get benefit from your hearing aids?
So so. I think I had more benefit when I was younger but by the time I hit college to now it's less and less. I still can hear and understand most stuff but comprehension is not the best.

5. What complaints do you have about your hearing aids?
Hmm.. it amplifies everything when I wish it wouldn't. Only amplifies not clarifies speech sounds, so hearing as an example "Shadow" at volume 2 vs volume 5 does nothing but make it even more murkier. Even the programs meant to adjust to your actual loss doesn't always help.

6. Do you feel like your hearing aids have lived up to what your audiologist or hearing aid dealer told you they would do?
Eh... 90% of the time... no. They actually all sound the same once I get used to the "new model" I end up getting.

7. Did you get your hearing aids from an audiologist or a hearing aid dealer?
Audiologist. Growing up though, hearing tests at audiologist, hearing aids at hearing aid dealer. Now strictly Audios.

I will play along because I am bored :)

1. How long have you worn your hearing aids?
5 years now.

2. For how long before you got your hearing aids did you suspect you had a hearing loss?
I knew before 7 years old, but it was officially stated at the age of 7.

3. How long do you wear your hearing aids each day?
Days I were them, normally 12 hours.

4. Do you feel like you get benefit from your hearing aids?
Yea I can hear all the things. Is this a benefit or headache? That depends on the day.

5. What complaints do you have about your hearing aids?
Someday I just don't want to hear the world.

6. Do you feel like your hearing aids have lived up to what your audiologist or hearing aid dealer told you they would do?
My audie knew nothing about them because they were so new.

7. Did you get your hearing aids from an audiologist or a hearing aid dealer?
Audie

Back