Funny Situations that have happened cuz of your deafness

:laugh2: That was hilarious, Shel!

-Same thing happened to me Dixie. LOL

One day at work one of my crew worker came up to me and whisper something in my ear, and I looked at him real strange, said to him, "Hello? Do I have to remind you that I'm deaf!" and he started laughing so hard and was so embarrassed that he forgot! *smh* :giggle:

I got another one, when I was at the hotel during my road trip for work, I woke up earlier before my alarm clock vibration went off, I went in the bathroom, took a shower and while I was in the shower my alarm went off vibrating, I didn't hear it go off, so when I came out of the shower I got ready and just reminded myself that my alarm clock was still under my pillow, I went and got it out and packed it in my bag, ready to head out the hotel door, one of my crew worker said to me "Wow Cheri, I could hear your dildo vibrating going off for about half hour!" My face turns red beet I mean real red!!

Before I even had a chance to explained to him it was my alarm clock, everyone at my work knew and they all think it was my dildo that went off instead of my alarm clock. Rumors sure fly around so quick. sheesh!

That is just toooooo funny for words!!!!

Hey, anyone has funny stories of leaving the water on and flooding your place simply because u didn't hear the water running? I totally flooded my WHOLE apt one time doing that! It even cause my wood furniture to become warped! Oh man..I will never forget that day when I came back from work to find my apt in 2 feet of water!!! All because I didn't hear it still running when I left for work. My friend did the same only it was left overnight ON THE 2ND floor causing her kitchen ceiling to completely cave in from all that water.....oooooohhhhh!

I was at a used car lot one time and a sales lady came out to help me. We were talking about various vehicles and I expressed interest in the older truck, but stressed that I wasn't ready to buy just now. The sales lady asked when and I said, "In July." She then asked, "Why'j ya lie?" ("why did you lie") and I asked her to repeat it at least three times. The fourth time, I almost said something as I was getting mad at that comment because I didn't lie. I then realized what she said and told her I'd have more money by then. I was too embarrassed to tell her what I thought she had said. End of conversation, she gave me her business card and I left. I just cracked up laughing when I got into my car, as I couldn't believe I thought that is what she said! :o

Hey, anyone has funny stories of leaving the water on and flooding your place simply because u didn't hear the water running? I totally flooded my WHOLE apt one time doing that! It even cause my wood furniture to become warped! Oh man..I will never forget that day when I came back from work to find my apt in 2 feet of water!!! All because I didn't hear it still running when I left for work. My friend did the same only it was left overnight ON THE 2ND floor causing her kitchen ceiling to completely cave in from all that water.....oooooohhhhh!

This sort of thing can happen with ADD too! I've ruined so many dinners because I simply forgot something was cooking.

well so far I havent flooded the house or burned it down, knock on wood.....

This sort of thing can happen with ADD too! I've ruined so many dinners because I simply forgot something was cooking.

LOL. I've both ADD and Deafness.

I've flooded the kitchen several times because I got distracted when I still wore HA or because I couldn't stand wearing my HA. My drawers got so warped they had to be replaced as a result. I've yet to have this happen with my CI but don't worry, this'll happen again sooner or later. :P My carpet smells when I get my living room flooded as well as the kitchen. :ugh:

I've forgotten that I was cooking bacon and left it cooking for like 4 hours. I'm lucky I didn't burn the house down. Most of the time, my fear of fire is so great that I rarely forget I'm cooking something.

Here's mine at age 64. I was on an oval race track on my trike last week and after every lap, I had to stop and ask for directions. :giggle:

:giggle: at Shel, Cheri and others....

I can't recall a funny incident due to being deaf. Perhaps it'll come to me later on.

Back