Funny pet stories!

mbrek

Premium Member
Reaction score
After reading some funny cat stories in General Chat, I thought we needed a new thread devoted to our funny companions and their antics.

My first husband and I got ourselves an orange kitten. Like many cats, he was fascinated with watching water. When my then husband came home from his dirty military job, he would shower. The cat wanted to know what was going on, so I put him up on top of the bar of the shower door. The cat liked it up there, and got into the habit of jumping up there whenever the shower came on.

My mother-in-law came to visit us for a few days. The cat on the top of the shower had become a normal occurrence now. I forgot to mention this to mother-in-law. She nearly had a heart attack that first morning alone in the apartment as she went to take her shower. All this scraping and clambering as the cat was just getting to his usual perch! I'm sure flashbacks to the movie Psycho were running through her mind. :laugh2:

So how about you? What stories do you have that make you chuckle?

My parent's cockapoo that loved doughnuts. He learned to get on the kitchen counter and open the cupboard to get out a package of doughnuts.

My friend came to stay with me overnight, and she brought her big Pit Bull mix with her. He's a sweet dog, very tough looking... but he's afraid of cats. And we have three of them! One of the cats stayed under my room-mate's bed the entire two days, my cat stayed in my room, (which is normal), but the third cat, Morris, once he figured out Grimm was afraid of him, started hanging around. He would sit near Grimm, and slowly sidle up to him. Grimm would slowly inch away, with this pained look on his face, and would turn his head away, as if he were afraid Morris was going to scratch him. If Morris got too close, he would get up and lay down elsewhere, with this ever-suffering look.

Then I was trying to encourage him to come into my room, since that's where he'd be sleeping over night, but my cat was sleeping on my bed next to where I was sitting. Grimm wanted to come over to get attention from me, but he didn't want anything to do with Ceridwen, who was indifferent to the whole production. Grimm was doing that 'dance' that dogs do when they're excited but unsure. After waffling at my door for a few minutes, he started whining and laid down in my doorway.

He never got over his nervousness around the cats. Big tough doggy scared of the little kitties.

After reading some funny cat stories in General Chat, I thought we needed a new thread devoted to our funny companions and their antics.

My first husband and I got ourselves an orange kitten. Like many cats, he was fascinated with watching water. When my then husband came home from his dirty military job, he would shower. The cat wanted to know what was going on, so I put him up on top of the bar of the shower door. The cat liked it up there, and got into the habit of jumping up there whenever the shower came on.

My mother-in-law came to visit us for a few days. The cat on the top of the shower had become a normal occurrence now. I forgot to mention this to mother-in-law. She nearly had a heart attack that first morning alone in the apartment as she went to take her shower. All this scraping and clambering as the cat was just getting to his usual perch! I'm sure flashbacks to the movie Psycho were running through her mind. :laugh2:

So how about you? What stories do you have that make you chuckle?

Hahaha!!! Oh, that made me laugh.

I took Marty out one day and he saw some potting soil that was dumped out of a flower pot and Marty backed away and started growling at the lump of soil , he finally got brave enough to make an 'attack' and touch the lump of soil with one paw then jump back for his dear life! I tried to show Marty it was harmless by picking it up and he said no way then made his big move and bit down on the lump of soil and got a mouth of dirt! It was so funny! I wish I could had taped this. I have no idea what Marty thought it was but he sure made to sure it was not going to mess around with him!

^^^The evils of potting soil! Only Marty knows what danger he saved you from. :lol:

my dog Bryan once growled and barked at a silver metal colander... it was just sitting on my table, but for some reason Bryan thought it was an intruder or something. I picked up the colander and brought it down to Bryan's face level so he could see it better, and he jumped back like the darn thing was going to attack him! Was kinda funny.

I once brought him to the deaf school library with me, visiting with the librarian. She had a framed artwork of a little girl sitting on the floor, leaning against a bookshelf (she hadn't found a place to hang it up yet). Bryan must've thought the girl in the picture was real as he growled at it! Had to bring him over to the picture and then he realized it wasn't a real person.

And here's a video I took from last night, where he's trying to get his ball from under the recliner. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yDCoZb4pTKg]Bryan wants his ball! - YouTube[/ame]

My daughter and her husband and her stepson where visiting me and my step grandson was learning how to play the flute and I gave him one I had. He starting to play the flute and Finlay decided he would join in too and got one his squeaky toy and started to squeak it with nose while my step grandson played the flute! It was a riot! I only wish I was able to record it! God I miss my big goofy dog! It could had been America funny video!

Back in the late 80's, I had 2 cats. Anyway, I used to go to ceramic class and I made a cat that look like one of my cat. One day I brought it home and set it on the floor. My look alike cat looked at it and started to growl at it. Took him about 5 minutes and figure it is not a real cat. Hahaha My other cat just sat there and doing nothing.

The people upstairs put a ceramic rabbit outside on the lawn between some bushes and Marty would go check it out every time he saw that rabbit! He would go behind the bushes and tried to see it it was real or not! He would not believe it was a fake rabbit!

I was on a job one time and the lady was in her bedroom with the door closed. I knocked on the door and she says "come in" so I open the door and see her naked body running to get under the sheets. Then I hear her yell.. "I'm gonna kill that %^%$%^% parrot. :lol:

one time i have miniature pinscher boy. he very cute little doggy. but big attitude and alpha male. in my old apartment, next door neighbor have pitbull dog. one day neighbor door little open. my door little open too. guess what? pitbull walk out and he WALK INSIDE OF MY APARTMENT. my minature pinscher standing front of pitbull with teeth show and growling. then he jump and bite hard on pitbull top mouth. he not let go of pitbull mouth. my doggy hanging off pitbull mouth and his feet off floor. i did grabbing my dog body and me try to pulling him off but strong bite very struggles!!! then he finally let go. pitbull run away and go back his home. he have cut on his face from my doggy. wow, my little doggy very strong and defeat fight against pitbull. i was surprise!!!!

The best moment ever was that my Dachshund jumped on the kitchen chair and drank all coffee out of my stepdad's cup and he flipped out. That night, she ran all over the place and repeatedly chewing her squeaky toy all the night that kept my family up. They said that I am lucky to be Deaf. LOL

I was on a job one time and the lady was in her bedroom with the door closed. I knocked on the door and she says "come in" so I open the door and see her naked body running to get under the sheets. Then I hear her yell.. "I'm gonna kill that %^%$%^% parrot. :lol:

A friend and I when into a store once and hear someone say " Hello, Hello" And we both said " Hello "too and then looked around for the person , it was a parrot!

My daughter was telling me today that new cat woke her up 5:00AM by meowing in her face to let my daughter know she was hungry! And Marty woke me up today by poking his little face in mine by breathing heavy into my face! At least he waited till was 8 AM , I am glad Marty can tell time!

Back in the late 80's, I had 2 cats. Anyway, I used to go to ceramic class and I made a cat that look like one of my cat. One day I brought it home and set it on the floor. My look alike cat looked at it and started to growl at it. Took him about 5 minutes and figure it is not a real cat. Hahaha My other cat just sat there and doing nothing.

My neighbors put a ceramic rabbit in some bushes and when Marty say the rabbit he when up to smell it and then he had to go in back of the bushes to smell the rabbit . Marty would do this every time I took him outside! He had to check out that 'rabbit' from the back and front of the bushes, it really bugged the hell out of him that it would not move!

Big dogs afraid of cats? Ohh boy.
My cousins have two big sled dogs. The first time that the older one met our cat, she was sleeping on my bed and he went "ooh, new friend" and bounded over to check her out. She slashed him across the nose and went back to sleep. He's scared of cats now.

My rabbit likes to play chase, you chase him then turn around and he chases you.
But my old roommate would never turn around to be chased, I didn't think it was a big deal until I brought home a branch from an apple tree about as long as my arm but skinny.

Next time my rabbit and roommate played chase, my rabbit grabbed the stick by one end and started jabbing my old roommate in the butt with it and forced her to run away.

It was funny watching my little rabbit terrorize my roommate with a stick for a hour.

my dog Bryan once growled and barked at a silver metal colander... it was just sitting on my table, but for some reason Bryan thought it was an intruder or something. I picked up the colander and brought it down to Bryan's face level so he could see it better, and he jumped back like the darn thing was going to attack him! Was kinda funny.

I once brought him to the deaf school library with me, visiting with the librarian. She had a framed artwork of a little girl sitting on the floor, leaning against a bookshelf (she hadn't found a place to hang it up yet). Bryan must've thought the girl in the picture was real as he growled at it! Had to bring him over to the picture and then he realized it wasn't a real person.

And here's a video I took from last night, where he's trying to get his ball from under the recliner. Bryan wants his ball! - YouTube

What kind of dog he is??? :D

Back