Funny incident at Stop & Shop this am!

Phillips

Lets ride horses!
Premium Member
Reaction score
I want share and quickly a story!! :)

This morning, I dropped off my daughters to summer camping. I went to the Stop & Shop "grocery store".... It's big supermarket. I was at the rear in the grocery store and looked at fish frozen section. All sudden to black out and very dark at the rear inside the store. :shock: ... I couldn't see but follow out to sunlight at the front window, but I saw old man was lost balance and helpless, so I offer him hold my arm to out at the front inside the store with window! Few minutes its turn back on .. all of us were laughs! Old man said thank to me! :aw:

Well, kinda scary at the beginning but I'm happy to read you helped the older man :D

Do you know what happened? Electricity cut... something?

It was great you noticed and helped him. I can relate to that. I lose balance in the dark too, and it is scary! :)

I don't lose my balance in the dark but I don't much like being in the dark around tons of people.

Report this quickly as possible to your local OSHA office. All these business are required by law to have a back-up battery powered lights to come on when lost of power happens. This is for the protection of the workers mostly but also for the general public. If you dont...next time you and the gentleman wont be so lucky!

Report this quickly as possible to your local OSHA office. All these business are required by law to have a back-up battery powered lights to come on when lost of power happens. This is for the protection of the workers mostly but also for the general public. If you dont...next time you and the gentleman wont be so lucky!

People like you drive up the prices of products....

JL....Today is very hot and humid. I believe it's electric shut out from use Air conditioner too much. :dunno: ..... Stop and Shop's build includes movie theater, Big lot, Fashion bug and four stores.

R7... I believe it's had to backup battery powered because first I was come in the grocery and bright light after the blackout for fewer minute. It's turning on with dim lights and probably from backup electric generators.

And what do people like you put as the price of a life???

lol, this has to be one of the most gorked statements ive heard... especially in this situation.

First: Lights went out.. Do you call OSHA when you own business at your own home when the power goes out? Heck no, they'll stick you with a $5000 fine if you are not up to code... Then most likely your business will go under.

Second: Life is priceless.

For what it's worth, I've called OSHA and the EPA on a local gas station in the past. Their gas pump was leaking for two weeks, after numerous complaints - I called them up.

Guess what? That gas station is not there anymore. Do I feel bad? yes and no. The owner wouldn't do anything about it. His problem, but these few workers who had no job because of what I did... I feel bad for them.

I also am a part of several small businesses and know how it would hurt the business AND the consumer just because the consumer decides that they have to get all butt hurt to the point to be sue happy/call agencies to hand out fines.

Not to mention the OP said the lights came back on in a few minutes... Probably the generator kicked in and had to take a bit to light up the place. <=- Hope that makes your chest thumpin' feel good.

Never forget the time the lights went out where I worked...it was pitch black!...I could not see or hear.....so I just stood there....and somebody pinched my arse!...God, I was angry!...Few minutes later, the lights came back on....and I looked all around, hoping to find a "guilty face"...but never did find who who did that.....

Never forget the time the lights went out where I worked...it was pitch black!...I could not see or hear.....so I just stood there....and somebody pinched my arse!...God, I was angry!...Few minutes later, the lights came back on....and I looked all around, hoping to find a "guilty face"...but never did find who who did that.....

*chuckles* I'd have done the same.... :whistle:

*chuckles* I'd have done the same.... :whistle:

Do you even know who and what OSHA is??? They certainly dont have anything to do with private homes. Their responsibility is to make the workforce safe for all workers, of course, when they do that they also make the public safe.

Do you even know who and what OSHA is??? They certainly dont have anything to do with private homes. Their responsibility is to make the workforce safe for all workers, of course, when they do that they also make the public safe.

from the top of my head: occupational safety health administration or something like that. so yeah..

I'd recommend you to check out what I said.. Business at a private home ;)

It might seem far fetched but if someone reports that you have a non-safe working conditions while you have them working at your home.... OSHA will investigate. I've seen it first handed.

Business at a private home!!!! Would you have any workers other than yourself, if you did and they were not related to you, you would be in violation of local laws.

Back