Funny how woman don't even know why they do what they do. :)

RonJaxon

Reaction score
Don't get mad at me ladies until you hear me out here.

Here's a question many men wonder about.

"Why do woman always fall for the jerks?"

Here's the thing about that question. Most woman don't even know the real answer themselves. One of the most common answers woman give to that question is "Because they are a challenge".

Now ladies. Read this question and answer it truthfully (To yourself or feel free to share).

You're in a public place where people socialize (Party, Bar, Coffee house, etc...). You have a couple of your friends with you (female friends). You and your friends meet a group of a few guys. You're all talking, dancing, playing pool or what ever. You get to talking with them a little.

One of these guys is a very nice guy. He's friendly, polite, would open the door for you and so forth.

Another guy is loud, even a bit obnoxious. Controlling of his friends. Sometimes funny. He doesn't care what anyone else thinks of him. Doesn't do anything that demonstrates he's a "Gentlemen" in any way. If you where to walk through a door he'd run through it ahead of you and tell you to hurry up and get your butt in there.

Now honestly, which guy seemed more appealing to you?

I wondered why this was for years and I finally found out why this is. But it just strikes me funny as to how often even woman don't now why they would be attracted to the second guy above. It's not because they are a challenge. It's not even about their looks (I didn't mentioned their looks at all above).

It goes back to our instincts. Back to when mating was a matter of survival of our species. The quiet, nice guy was not the leader. They where generally not the smartest, strongest or healthiest. A strong, healthy and dominant male was more likely to produce a strong and healthy offspring.

It's not a survival issue anymore but we still have these instincts. Men are also attracted to woman for many of the same reasons. Wider hips, larger breast, etc.. Think about it and you realize these things are also a matter of producing a healthy offspring.

I just find it odd that most woman don't seem to realize this.

Don't get mad, it's just an observation. :hmm:

Ron

It is interesting subject.:hmm: I see friends fall for guys who are no good for wat of better phrase. no much how you tell them they still go for the "wrong" guy! I never much think of the reason for this before, I hav always been to busy try to make friends see sense. But they never do.

yea it is kind of old news to me. :lol: Often young girls fall in love with the jerk, bad or stupid guys while they were teenagers to 30's until they leave them for good guys in 40's.

Sometimes it's just following a pattern...most women pick a guy "just like good ol' Dad"....if Dad drank a lot, some women follow suit and pick a guy who drinks a lot....

Other times, I feel it's just for the "excitement", something different and out of the ordinary....a guy who takes risks, being tired of just the "ordinary and goodie two-shoes guy"....

i want to make a point here... not all nice guys are appearing to what they are. some nice guys are actually an asshole.

2nd... lot of women fall for bad guys cuz of insecurity thing. they often feel they arent good enough for a dream guy so they settle for not dream guy. my friend just proved that point recently. shes very much in love with her ex boyfriend and he was the best thing ever happened to her. however he wasnt happy with her so he broke up with her. my friend had a history of bad exs and her most recent ex wasnt bad. she said to me "guess it was too good to be true. i truly dont deserve a great guy like him. Might as well settle for a dump life." it was obviously the insecurity talk but still very true in her mind and probably in lot of other females' mind. it all depends on how a female grew up and how she was being taught.

i want to make a point here... not all nice guys are appearing to what they are. some nice guys are actually an asshole.

2nd... lot of women fall for bad guys cuz of insecurity thing. they often feel they arent good enough for a dream guy so they settle for not dream guy. my friend just proved that point recently. shes very much in love with her ex boyfriend and he was the best thing ever happened to her. however he wasnt happy with her so he broke up with her. my friend had a history of bad exs and her most recent ex wasnt bad. she said to me "guess it was too good to be true. i truly dont deserve a great guy like him. Might as well settle for a dump life." it was obviously the insecurity talk but still very true in her mind and probably in lot of other females' mind. it all depends on how a female grew up and how she was being taught.

:gpost:

Ive heard the same as well, but once women learn from their mistakes, grow up and mature, nice guys finish last. I probably should be looking for older women, not younger women.

Some men can be very conning to ladies .. Ladies have to learn what to look out for and see and spot what is wrong with the picture ,. Another thing that Ladies can learn by asking and see wht kind of response we get . I ve been there and conned of course!

I just assume that all men are the devil?

:D

Whaat?

Okay okay... I don't know how to answer your question. I really don't notice ANY fellas in real life, loud or silent. Well... hm... the only time I linger is when his eyes are soft and his smile is warm. That's how I even considered my ex husband.. hm... he turned out to be a jerk ;) I wonder if I should try the opposite next time? ((rubs chin))

I just look for the cute buns..

some of us are more attractive than others

Attractive is the word. There is no good or bad in that word. Some have something inside that attracts women more than others. Personally I think it has a huge amount to do with how much they were loved by their mothers. Not sicko love just pure clean unconditional love that women have for their boys in
greater or lesser amounts. What ever the attractant is it is developed along with everything else during the formative years. I suspect it is part of the endocrine system and the autonmomic nervous system. Sure you can work harder after the fact guys but you and I know that the real stuff whatever it is is there in greater or lesser amounts. It has not a thing to do with good or bad..

Back