Funniest thing an uneducated person has said to you?

i guess some of us that dont live there are missing out then ey?

The funniest uneducated person said to me was this, "What's it like to have sex with a deaf person?"

:lol: No need to say what I did. :lol:

That was 16 years ago and this individual is now in a relationship with a deaf person!

The funniest uneducated person said to me was this, "What's it like to have sex with a deaf person?"

:lol: No need to say what I did. :lol:

That was 16 years ago and this individual is now in a relationship with a deaf person!

That's ironic and funny too!

My husband asked my roommates when he first met them in 2002 if Deaf people can drink alcohol and now he is married to me! We :beer: often!

My husband asked my roommates when he first met them in 2002 if Deaf people can drink alcohol and now he is married to me! We :beer: often!

Would they think alcohol is absorbed through the ears? =s

Would they think alcohol is absorbed through the ears? =s

I asked my hubby just now why did he think that. He said he thought all deaf people were isolated away from everything.

I asked my hubby just now why did he think that. He said he thought all deaf people were isolated away from everything.

Comes across as logical to me. Before I lost my hearing, I was actually more isolated I think though, because I didn't belong to any social groups. I played games and used vent all day listening to music on iTunes. The day I realised I couldn't hear anything on vent and I couldn't recognise music as such, I began searching for other people who had also lost their hearing around my age. My goals were to find out how they cope with it. Instead, I found a community with open arms that made me feel like part of a world full of real interaction. I get so much more pleasure out of it than I used to just watching actors interact in movies. I'm learning how much pleasure we can get out of life by exposing ourselves to what the world really has to offer. I would resist going back to the hearing world with every ounce of my strength because I grew up there and lived there for many years as an adult, and there is no sense of community like this.

" If the opportunity comes a knockin', I'm going to be a rockin'! " :lol:

I'm not sure how funny it is, probably not really funny, but I told my friend I watched the Princess Promenade last night, and she got really confused and asked me how I was able to hear it. Dang it, I said I watched it! I didn't say I listened to it! So I explained to her about captions and all the cool things that they do. I think she got the idea.

My only clues is she lives in Qld somewhere and has cows. But then I'm frequently surprised at some of the things she doesn't know about that I've been actively aware of since I was 4.
Australia? And no television? Plus she should get away from a mother like that!

If Qld means Australia, Minty had to be talking with computer, blackberry or some other technology. Amish would not allow.

I thought it was her friend who lived like Amish, not Minty

Back