Funniest thing an uneducated person has said to you?

Just love learning from your posts. My uncle, bless his heart, he learns more and more about me being DeafBlind although my whole family is Deaf. He wasn't sure what to make of my white cane because I arrived at a party with the white cane and he didn't see me previously with it, he motioned to the white cane. The intervenor (SSP) tactiled to me what my uncle said "What's that? The white cane? Does it vibrate or something?" Now can you imagine what was running in my mind.. my 52 inches white cane and it vibrates!! Now I wouldn't need men at all!!

I love this one!!!! Totally cracked me up!!! :laugh2:

I just remembered one my mom said a few weeks or so ago .. I hope I didn't already post it here .. but she said she thinks maybe I shouldn't run the rotortiller (sp) because it is loud and it will probably hurt my ears. :giggle:

my dad is the same way. Whenever I get out the shotgun to practice with he's like - don't forget your hearing protection! Im like dad, what hearing is there to protect?! I am profoundly deaf in my left ear and have a 80% loss in my right ear. And yet he requires that I wear protection in BOTH ears. :laugh2:

Just love learning from your posts. My uncle, bless his heart, he learns more and more about me being DeafBlind although my whole family is Deaf. He wasn't sure what to make of my white cane because I arrived at a party with the white cane and he didn't see me previously with it, he motioned to the white cane. The intervenor (SSP) tactiled to me what my uncle said "What's that? The white cane? Does it vibrate or something?" Now can you imagine what was running in my mind.. my 52 inches white cane and it vibrates!! Now I wouldn't need men at all!!

:bowlol::bowlol::bowlol:

oohhh...the stick thingie.. typical! :roll: :lol:

my dad is the same way. Whenever I get out the shotgun to practice with he's like - don't forget your hearing protection! Im like dad, what hearing is there to protect?! I am profoundly deaf in my left ear and have a 80% loss in my right ear. And yet he requires that I wear protection in BOTH ears. :laugh2:
shotgun?? have you actually shoot a bullet? one of my copfriend surprised me by taking me on a siren ride and took me to his station where has shooting target in basement - asked me same thing, that I need protection. I laughed it off ...until I pulled a trigger :shock: after that I'd want protection on! it was only a pistol at first. ouch.

I'm profoundly deaf....STONE.

oohhh...the stick thingie.. typical! :roll: :lol:

shotgun?? have you actually shoot a bullet? one of my copfriend surprised me by taking me on a siren ride and took me to his station where has shooting target in basement - asked me same thing, that I need protection. I laughed it off ...until I pulled a trigger :shock: after that I'd want protection on! it was only a pistol at first. ouch.

I'm profoundly deaf....STONE.
Yes I have shot several. Rifles, revolvers, shotguns, pistols, muzzleloaders, you name it I have probably fired at least one round off in it. - in everything EXCEPT a .50 caliber which I want to so badly but that is for another thread.

I dont think it is the sound that scares you, it is likely the kick and the vibration of it firing off that scares you. I know when I shoot a 12 ga goose shot I feel it in my chest. like my heart goes BOOM inside of my chest. :shock:

yeah the boom in thee chest.. was pretty neat.

maybe my audiography is wrong afterall. :giggle:

yeah the boom in thee chest.. was pretty neat.

maybe my audiography is wrong afterall. :giggle:

Hmmm, now I wonder if I truly have no residual hearing .. although I've done a lot of experiments on myself to see if I could hear things, none of them have involved guns. I think I'll go get tested again.

Yes I have shot several. Rifles, revolvers, shotguns, pistols, muzzleloaders, you name it I have probably fired at least one round off in it. - in everything EXCEPT a .50 caliber which I want to so badly but that is for another thread.

I dont think it is the sound that scares you, it is likely the kick and the vibration of it firing off that scares you. I know when I shoot a 12 ga goose shot I feel it in my chest. like my heart goes BOOM inside of my chest. :shock:

I thought black powder muzzleloaders spit out a half inch or 50 caliber ball?

Hmmm, now I wonder if I truly have no residual hearing .. although I've done a lot of experiments on myself to see if I could hear things, none of them have involved guns. I think I'll go get tested again.

If you do that, just be prepared to ask yourself if you heard or felt because guns are loud, especially shotguns and high-powered rifles altho those two are different.

:bowlol: You have a wicked sense of humor! I love it!

If you do that, just be prepared to ask yourself if you heard or felt because guns are loud, especially shotguns and high-powered rifles altho those two are different.

I think it would be only out of curiosity anyway. Don't think it would change my life or anything. :) And there's money involved. That'll influence my decision ;)

I'm sorry....money?

My doctor isn't recommending it this time, I have no insurance, not that they'd cover a re-test when the first test was satisfactory, .. everything costs money, and I don't have much of it.

My doctor isn't recommending it this time, I have no insurance, not that they'd cover a re-test when the first test was satisfactory, .. everything costs money, and I don't have much of it.

Oh, okay...well, just do the guns thing for your own edification and report back here, lol.....(notice the plural for gun)

hahaha this thread is hillarious!
here are a few of my favorites:

"so, are you deaf today?"
(wow..yes i just make a decision what days i want to be deaf or what days i want to be hearing)

a girl walks up to me, covers her mouth, and speaks into her hand
girl: "what am i saying?"
me: "you just said 'what am i saying'..."
girl: "see! you must not be deaf because you knew what i said!"
me: "common sense sweetie....you have no idea how many times people pull that on me, always say the same thing"

my favorite one
woman: "so, where do deaf people live?"
me: "um...all over the place"
woman: "no, i mean, where do deaf people live?"
me: "well...theres deaf people all over the world."
woman: "i still dont know where deaf people live"
(if any of you know of a private island for deaf people, let me know)

^-^

hahaha this thread is hillarious!
here are a few of my favorites:

"so, are you deaf today?"
(wow..yes i just make a decision what days i want to be deaf or what days i want to be hearing)

a girl walks up to me, covers her mouth, and speaks into her hand
girl: "what am i saying?"
me: "you just said 'what am i saying'..."
girl: "see! you must not be deaf because you knew what i said!"
me: "common sense sweetie....you have no idea how many times people pull that on me, always say the same thing"

my favorite one
woman: "so, where do deaf people live?"
me: "um...all over the place"
woman: "no, i mean, where do deaf people live?"
me: "well...theres deaf people all over the world."
woman: "i still dont know where deaf people live"
(if any of you know of a private island for deaf people, let me know)

^-^

Tell that woman that deaf people live in caves. :lol:

Oh, okay...well, just do the guns thing for your own edification and report back here, lol.....(notice the plural for gun)

Ever since my uncle let me fire his bee-bee (sp rofl) handgun when I was about 10 years old and I held the gun and was all shaking like I was nervous and stuff, I've wanted to learn to fire a handgun properly. But my report will go to the "anything goes" thread so I don't get reprimanded :)

Back