Funniest subtitles/ CC.....

many years ago I was watching the news with my parents and they were doing a story about ships in the navy and the captions came out shit instead of ship and my mother had a good laugh about it. My dad didn't think it was funny.

i'm sure more people have had read some funny captions... don't be shy, share!! :D

Usually when it is wrong and doesn't make sense, I am just left wondering what was really said.

I think there's a lot of potential funny CC that many deaf people miss because they couldn't hear what was actually said.

For example, I was watching Futurama with my roommate. There was an episode where Fry moons this woman and presses the butt up against a glass. The woman said something in response.

The actual audio said "You call that a pressed ham?", but the CC said "You call that an anus?"

My hearing roommate was the one who caught it. She thought it was the most hilarious thing ever.

An obvious redubbing due to censoring, but they forgot to redo the CC.

Also, I think some of the sound explanations/audio descriptions are amusing. Some of them are so detailed/imaginative.

For example:
*magical music*
*creepy murmuring*
*sad theme music*
*happy theme music*
*soft moan* (this is even funnier when it's not used sexually. Like someone gets hit and does a soft moan, but... to me, soft moan = sex. I think "soft/low groan" would be better phrasing)

Back