Fun with ALDs

set2

Reaction score
:eek3: A few days ago I was rudely awakened by an alarm. I thought the smoke alarm so I jumped out of bed sending my small dog flying off the bed. I raced into the livining room to get the remote to shut the alarm off. I kept pressing the power button to shut the alarm off and I suddenly realized it was not the smoke alarm. Fortunately it was a false alarm, so I go back into the bed room and I realize it is my Alarm clock. My alarm clock is barely audible to me at the highest setting so I am now wondering why I heard it. Well, It turns out I had fallen alseep wearing the hearing aid in my better ear. I then had a horrible feeling that I had lost the other hearing aid when I had to go throw up in the middle of the night, luckily it was in a safe place.

Ah, I know that feeling. Even though it's not because I have more than one alarm, it's just a sudden feeling that I'm late or missing something when my alarm goes off. Sometimes, I'll have so much going on during the week that I'm having a hard time sleeping. Finally, I wake up and then suddenly think that I'm late for a class or a meeting... that I jump out of bed quickly and put my clothes on before running out the door. Oh, wait... nothing important is happening. I then head back to bed. ;)

:eek3: A few days ago I was rudely awakened by an alarm. I thought the smoke alarm so I jumped out of bed sending my small dog flying off the bed. I raced into the livining room to get the remote to shut the alarm off. I kept pressing the power button to shut the alarm off and I suddenly realized it was not the smoke alarm. Fortunately it was a false alarm, so I go back into the bed room and I realize it is my Alarm clock. My alarm clock is barely audible to me at the highest setting so I am now wondering why I heard it. Well, It turns out I had fallen alseep wearing the hearing aid in my better ear. I then had a horrible feeling that I had lost the other hearing aid when I had to go throw up in the middle of the night, luckily it was in a safe place.

I had to laugh at that. Nothing like confusion when waking up and wondering what the heck is going on! This is especially true with noise you normally don't expect to hear upon waking up.

I can very well remember the first day after hookup for my CI. I had a great but overwhelming day listening for the first time with my CI the day before. So, I took it off before going to bed (I had no intention to hearing anything when sleeping and I still don't ;) ) and woke up the next morning getting ready to go to work. I was eager to put it on and hear things as I was adjusting to the CI. Well, my wife is an early riser and was using the exerciser machine and it normally makes a racket. Normally, I never put my HA (prior to my CI) on until I got to work and so I wasn't used to hearing the stupid thing. Now, here I am with my new CI processor and I put it on being eager and all and all the sudden there was this awful terrible noise. I couldn't quite figure it out at first as I never heard it with my CI before. But going from total silence to this crazy noise was scaring me to death as I thought maybe something was going wrong and I was fit to be tied. After about a 15 seconds or so, I finally realized what it was and literally ran out of the room (to get away from it) to go downstairs and get my day started. I have since then reverted to my old habit of not powering up until I get to work. :D

I gotta ask. So were you puking from a long night of partying, or being sick?

SR, Lilly is following in your foot steps. SHe is not much of a morning person, so she doent like her CI on for about 30 min.-1 hour after waking up. SHe just likes to sit/lay on the couch in her pajamas watching cartoons in her quiet little world. Just this morning, I was laying on the couch with her watching Mickey Mouse. Her world silent, mine noisy as hell with the sounds of snow plows scraping the street and chainsaws cutting trees.I'm not much of a morning person either. I found myself wondering if my quiet morning going away from all that noise is similar to lillys silent morning going to any noise is comparable?

...I found myself wondering if my quiet morning going away from all that noise is similar to lillys silent morning going to any noise is comparable?

I guess that would be a reasonable comparison considering you can't really ever "turn it off". Going from a loud environment to a quiet environment is always welcomed...eh? ;)

LOL! Your story reminds me of the time I fell asleep with my CIs on. I woke up the next morning in a panic because for the life of me, I couldn't remember if I slept with them on or removed them sometime during the night. After turning my bedroom upside down in search of my processors (I even flipped the mattress :)), it finally dawned on me that I removed my CIs after going to the bathroom in the middle of the night. Low and behold, my CIs were safely tucked inside my Dry and Store. Talk about a "rude awakening." LOL!

I fell asleep once with my aids in, and they fell in the crack between my bed and the wall ... my bed has a solid base, so I couldn't crawl under it, and is too heavy to move alone.

My roommate being out of town, that was an unpleasant surprise to wake up to. I ended up going up and down the dorm hall with a note explaining my situation, knocking until I found someone who was awake, but not yet gone to class.

Back