Fun President Facts

e

Reaction score
12 Thing You Didn't Know About the Presidents

this is something interesting. im not sure if they're all facts. i recieved it from a fwd email. enjoy reading it! :)

1. Thomas Jefferson had a Deaf slave family at Monticello. Their expertise in - making the finest Virgianian wine from its' vineyard.

2. Theordore Roosevelt had a Deaf guide on his exploration of the west discovered an area that is now know as Yellowstone National Park.

3. George W. Bush often jogs with I.King Jordan on the Gallaudet track.

4 Abraham Lincoln learned fingerspelling from Edward Miner Gallaudet at the White House before attending Ford Theater that evening.

5. Dwight D. Eisenhower often used a Deaf War Department civilian to send secret codes in Sign Language to his field officers before the D-Day invasion to avoid interception by the Nazis.

6. George Washinton temporarily used a Yorktown Deaf family's home as his headquarters in October 1781, site of the last battle of the Revolutionary War.

7.Andrew "Old Hickory" Jackson once killed a Deaf man in a duel over his girlfriend; before the War of 1812, in New Orleans.

8. Ronald "the Great Communicator" Reagan once had a character role of Alexander Graham Bell in a film which was never released.

9. John F. Kennedy often had parties on Martha's Vineyard at which a few local Deaf residents would attendend.

10. In 1918 Woodrow Wilson became the only President ever to be a commencement speaker at Gallaudet College . He used the occasion to promote the "League of Nations"

11. A Deaf White House Aide pushed Franklin D. Roosevel, a victim of Polio, in his wheelchair on his campaigns for reelection.

12. Richard M. Nixon was the first President to use a Certified Sign Language Interpreter, unforunately it was for his resignation speech shortly.

Wow..fascinating! Didn't even know about that...thanks for sharing that, e! :thumb: Was surprised to read that the current President jogs often with I King Jordan at the Gally track! Meme wonders what students at Gally say about that, :lol:

Hmm... interesting. I'll have to check with someone at NTID on that. It sounds pretty hard to believe.

hmmm...interesting! Thanks for sharing this E! :)

VamPyroX said:
Hmm... interesting. I'll have to check with someone at NTID on that. It sounds pretty hard to believe.
Agreed! Do let us know if you hear anything from someone over at NTID on this.

I've heard about Pres Bush often jogs w/ I Kin Jordan but I never saw them jogging with my eyes, I should try to find out how often they do so I cld get up early to witness that since I'm MSSD student lol

VEry intresting i mean 258 in every way! that ll be something else! then again its always something new for us to learn every day :)

1. Thomas Jefferson had a Deaf slave family at Monticello. Their expertise in making the finest virginian wine from its vineyard.

2. Theodore Roosevelt had a Deaf guide on his exploration of the west discovered an area what is now known as yellowstone national park.

3. George W. Bush often jog with I. King Jordan on the Gallaudet track

4. Abraham Lincoln learned fingerspelling from Edward Miner Gallaudet at the white house before attending Ford theater that evening.

5. Dwight D. Eisenhower often uses a Deaf war department civilians to send secret codes in sign language to his field officers before the d-day to aviod interception by the nazis.

Guys -- this Bush was ref to the FIRST Bush that ran around the tracks with I King Jordan at Gally

I do believe most of them, EXCEPT
that one that Pres Bush jogged with
I. King Jordan on Gallaudet track...

I just found out that
this is a False, NOT a true statement at all....
because of the deaf culture
it was more like a dream or a Joke
about it... leading to add more rumors and then
converting this rumor to a true story, but
this is NOT a true story at all. Not even
Bush (father and/or his son either ways).

Again, it was only a Rumor... Do you believe
in any rumors ? Sigh.....

Back