Frustrated with AllDeaf

I'm still getting pop ups!!! I've done what webexplorer and Galaxy told me to do.. so.. now what?? :(

RebelGirl said:
I'm still getting pop ups!!! I've done what webexplorer and Galaxy told me to do.. so.. now what?? :(

This is probably too late to help, but Google "Shoot the messenger" and download the small program. Run it and it will disable Windows messenger service. That is the most likely cause of your pop ups.

Make sure you update XP to service pack 2 and all the updates. Lastly get a software firewall like Zone Alarm free version.

This will get you on the road to stopping this problem.

I am using Micosoft Internet Explorer too and I do get pop-ups as well too. It annoyed me as well. I am now downloading Firefox when it's done downloading what should I do next?

Cheri said:
I am using Micosoft Internet Explorer too and I do get pop-ups as well too. It annoyed me as well. I am now downloading Firefox when it's done downloading what should I do next?

Oh, that's cool. Yes, you can block the pop-up windows on your screen. Here are the steps. This might be a little bit different steps for your computer because I use Apple. Actually, it is the same concept and it should not be a problem for you.

(1) Click "Preferences" from Firefox's menu bar
(2) Select "Web features"
(3) Click to check on "Block Popup Windows"
(4) Click "OK"

You are done.

webexplorer said:
Oh, that's cool. Yes, you can block the pop-up windows on your screen. Here are the steps. This might be a little bit different steps for your computer because I use Apple. Actually, it is the same concept and it should not be a problem for you.

(1) Click "Preferences" from Firefox's menu bar
(2) Select "Web features"
(3) Click to check on "Block Popup Windows"
(4) Click "OK"

You are done.

*Done* Thanks very much. I appreciated your help! :ily: Firefox is a lot nicer than Micosoft Internet Explorer and so far no pop-ups either. ;)

Im happy I dont get popups because my Ubuntu linux operating system doesnt have that capability to create the annoyances exploited by advertisers.

Richard

Yeah FIREFOX

I hate IE - but use it seldomly - McAfee wont work with Mozilla (firefox); I have to use IE to download McAfee updates/renewal/etc.. Mozilla is very good - better compared to IE.. Mozilla user for more than 2 years - love it!

As for virus/sypware, McAfee wont solve all, however if use Lavasoft, it will work well. Try

http://www.lavasoft.com/ then download Ad-Aware Personal - free. It does remove some unwanted spywares that McAfee hadnt been able to remove.

Good luck!
Mike

Back