Fruit and Health Benefits

Mommyof3

Reaction score
Pineapple: Lessens time and degree of inflammation; Pineapple enzymes have been used with success to treat rheumatoid arthritis and tospeed tissue repair as a result of injuries, diabetic ulcers and general surgery; Bromelain enzymes are present in raw pineapple or freshly squeezed juice; Pineapple enzymes act specifically to break down protein, helping to ease digestion;
Reduces blood clotting and helps remove plaque from arterial walls. Studies suggest that pineapple enzymes may improve circulation in those with narrowed arteries, such as angina sufferers; Used to help cure bronquitis, throat infections; it has a laxative effect, helps to clear digestive inflammation and intestinal fevers; It is efficient in the treatment of arterioscleroses and anaemia; Pineapple is an excellent cerebral toner; it combats loss of memory, sadness and melancholy

Figs: The fig is oxidant, laxative, diuretic, digestible and a blood cleanser; It is excellent for the liver; Great producers of energy

Mangoes: Mangoes are depurative and diuretic; Are good to combat stomach acidity

Grapes: Grapes are considered one of the most medicinal fruits; They are used in several cures having excellent results; Grapes are one of the most efficient and reliable therapies that have an impressive track record for tumour reduction; Grapes will purify the blood, invigorate the immune system, and put flesh and weight back onto bodies that have become severely wasted and weakened by cancer; Sugar from grapes is easily digested and assimilated by the blood without tiring the digestive organ; Grapes tonic, mineralise and renovate the tissues; Grapes promote the action of the bowel, clean the liver and aid kidney function; Due to their high water content they add to the fluids and help eliminate hardened deposits that may have settled in any part of the body; They are very soothing to the nervous system; They are good blood builders due to their high content of iron

Papya: Papayas clean the digestive organ; Papayas are diuretic, laxative and refreshing; Helps to maintain the acid –alkaline balance of the body; Used in the treatment of stomach ulcers and fevers

Passion Fruit: Passion fruit has somniferous properties, taken before going to bed they help relax and sleep during the night; They have febrifugal and soporific properties

Banana: Potassium can help avoid and regulate high blood pressure; Good for energetic activity. The starch in less ripe bananas resists digestion and, along with the fruit’s soluble fibre, provides a gentler, longer-lasting energy rise than most sweet foods, which is good for stamina; Very ripe bananas are high in sugars that are readily assimilated; They benefit muscular system and can improve stamina; Less ripe bananas counter constipation, ripe sugary bananas help relieve diarrhoea;Ripe bananas may raise mood and help sleep. Carbohydrates eaten with little protein are known to have a soothing effect by stimulating serotonin, a substance that raises mood; Ripe bananas eaten on their own supply all the ingredients for this reaction: quickly absorbable carbohydrate, serotonin, its precursor trypophan and vitamin B6; Bananas are an excellent food to treat anaemia; Bananas feed the natural acidophilus bacteria of the bowel

Peaches: Peaches are diuretic, depurative and detoxifying so they are wonderful to eat on a weight - loss program; The body assimilates peaches very easily; Indicated to help lung debility, liver infections, cancer ulcers, herpes rheumatic pain, arterial hypertension and anaemia

Apricot: Foods high in beat-carotene are linked to a lower risk of heart disease, stroke, cataracts and some forms of cancer; An intake of potassium helps avoid and regulate high blood pressure;Steadies blood sugar levels and helps constipation. Studies have shown that a high intake of soluble fibre steadies blood sugar and energy levels by slowing digestion. It can also help to lower cholesterol level;Dried apricots in particular help prevent and treat constipation;Helps prevent iron deficiency. A low intake of iron is a common cause of resistance and stamina

Lemons: They are antiseptic, natural and secure against stomach and intestine fermentations;Lemons are one of the most highly alkalinizing foods; They destroy all microbes and create germ invulnerability; Lemons are usually used in fevers and flues as well as in cleansing processes of the body;They are very good in retaining calcium in the body; Lemons are wonderful for throat trouble and catarrh

Grapefruits: Grapefruit, like other citrus fruits, has been shown to exert some anticancer effects; Grapefruit pectin has been found to possess cholesterol-lowering action similar to that of other fruit pectins; Normalizes hematocrit levels (refers to percentage of red blood cells per volume of blood); When taken befor bedtime, grapefruit is conductive to a sound sleep; Helps prevent constipation and stone formation; Excellent aid in reducing fevers from colds and flu;Good for any hardening of the body tissue, such as of the liver and arteries

Melons: Ripe melons are refreshing, alkalising, mineralising, oxidant and diuretic;They have an anti-clotting action on the blood;Melons are an excellent supply of distilled water that contains the finest mineral elements

Oranges: Helps the body’s defences. Vitamin C is vital for resistance to infection, both as an oxidant and in its role in improving iron absorption. Oranges combine Vitamin C with flavorous, such as hesperidins, which seem to strengthen the vitamin’s antioxidant powers; Anti-cancer potential – In several studies, people who eat more oranges and other citrus fruit have lower rates of some cancers, especially of the stomach. The fruit may block the possible transformation of nitrates and nitrites in foods, especially smoked, into nitosamines associated with stomach cancer; Pectin helps lower cholesterol. Oranges provide pectin, a form of soluble fibre that helps reduce blood cholesterol, especially “bad” LDL type cholesterol; Can improve small blood vessels strength. Flavonoids and vitamin C in oranges help maintain cell wall strength, aiding capillary circulation;Excellent for treating overacid body conditions, constipation or a sluggish intestinal tract

Prunes: Prunes have an excellent laxative effect; They clean and unclog the liver, the digestive system and helps to overcome infections and intestinal fevers; Due to its high content in phosphorous the prune has excellent results in cerebral debility

Tangerie: Due to its high content in phosphorus and calcium the tangerine benefits the development of the skeleton;With its magnesium it tonics the articulations, muscles, benefits the intestines and the nervous system;Their vitamins content is advised against infections

Strawberry: They are a traditional diuretic and have an excellent effect on the kidneys; Also used to relieve rheumatism or gout;Strawberries have an alkaline reaction in the body due to their high sodium content

Apple:Can reduce blood cholesterol levels, especially “bad” LDL type cholesterol. Pectin, a soluble fibre in apples, is thought to play a key part in this; Counters constipation and diarrhoea. The specific combination of fibre types and fruit acid in apples is probably responsible for their well-known ability to prevent and treat constipation. The liquid- gelling pectin and the natural antiviral properties in apples explain their traditional use for diarrhoea;
Traditionally used for arthritis, rheumatism and gout. The apple’s benefits for digestion and the disposal of unwanted substances from the body support its reputation for helping joint problems. This may be due to a combination of actions: fruit acids that improve digestion, the antioxidant effect of the flavonoid quercetin and pectin’s ability to increase elimination. May improve defences against illness

Olive: They are recommended for tuberculosis and other chest infections as well as asthma

Mommyof3

Pineapple? My mom thinks she has arthritis, maybe I'll tell her to eat more
pineapple.

And the doctor who took my blood, said that to drink grape fruit
to build up my blood. Since I don't have any Iron tablet, I can drink grape fruit.

Good thread, I enjoying myself to read them.

Yes, Pineapple is good. I ate them regular weekly after weekends breakfast.

lemon, I use to mix 100% lemon juice with hot water when I got flu. It helps alot. I ate alot of lemons when I was in Cyprus becasue their is not sour as Europe. I cant eat whole lemon when I´m in Europe because it´s bitter sour. I use sliced lemon to squeeze on kind of hot fishes.

Back