From Australia - Hello

cherylh

Reaction score
Hi All
Not sure where I found this web address, but I will be sharing it some of my deaf friends. I am hearing. I can use Auslan (Australian Sign Language)> But no way can I read ASL finger spelling.
I have deaf friends and love signing with them. The summer is here now. Over 100 degrees today. Very dry, we need some rain.

:wave: :welcome: To Alldeaf Cherylh. I hope you will enjoy your stay on this forum, and have fun posting!!! Welcome aboard!!!

:wave: welcome to Alldeaf.

can we trade the summer?? I hate cold outside here is winter lol :lol:

G'day and welcome to this sometimes moronic paradise! Be on the look-out for BBNT! :D

Hello Cherylh :wave:

Welcome to Alldeaf and enjoy your stay here... :applause:

G'day Cherylh,
Welcome to AD! I hope you'll enjoy yourself here. Maybe we'll meet someday. :)
Cheers! :wave:

cherylh said:
Hi All
Not sure where I found this web address, but I will be sharing it some of my deaf friends. I am hearing. I can use Auslan (Australian Sign Language)> But no way can I read ASL finger spelling.
QUOTE]

ASL Fingerspelling created by Abbe Charles Michel de l'Epee in France in 1700s. Thanks to Laurent Clerc, as a deaf French teacher, coming over to USA. To be honest with you, Britain fingerspelling is worse for us....

Welcome aboard to AD...

cherylh said:
Hi All
I have deaf friends and love signing with them. The summer is here now. Over 100 degrees today. Very dry, we need some rain.

Hi there and welcome! :welcome:

I am hearing too, both my parents are deaf. I have an internet friend who just moved back to Australia with her family, they had been living in the states for about 10 years, she is happy to be back home, Sydney, I think!

I live in the Pacific Northwest, I think we just came through a 27 day stretch of nothing but rain (do you know how many words we Pacific Northwesterners have for "rain?" LOL). We would love some sun here, can we trade, lol?

Welcome, cherylh!

I feel your pain - 100 degrees is normal for us here in the summer, and we are sorely short of rain too. It's the middle of winter, but doesn't feel like it yet.

Flying Fingers, send us some of that rain! We have a statewide burn ban on right now. 20+ acres at DFW airport burned a day or so ago, and the police are pulling over people for throwing their cigarette butts out the car window!

Giday Cherylh, welcome aboard to AD.

I see your from Melbourne, which suburb? I am from Yarra Ranges - Winery homeland!! :ily:

Yes today it is hot day again, difficult to sleep last night with a humid weather - heard the news this weekend it will be 42 c (120 f).

Hello and welcome to Alldeaf cherylh! Hot weather now and no swimming pool nearby? Then settling here in AD hopefully will help cool you off nicely and also, that you'll enjoy your stay here as well! :D

Where I Live

Tamara I am just down the road from you in Vermont. Not sure if I can sleep tonight...so hot and worse for the weekend

Back