From a person that hates deaf people.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Joke or not...it was in extremely poor taste.

I developed "late onset deafness"...so I spent the first 35 years of my life hearing...although my hearing problems started coming on at about age 30. (The last 5 years it has diminished rapidly to the point where I can't hear anything at all in my right ear and only very loud high-pitched tones in my left. Some of the posts here I read about how some folks seem to use being deaf as a way to get people to feel sorry for them and to get away with a lot of stuff. How sad.

I understand how hard it is to have had the ability to hear and then lose it...I know what I'm missing...but I see no reason to be so freakin' bitter about it. True, hearing people aren't always understanding, but then again, I would imagine it is extremely hard for people who were born deaf to understand what it is like to hear. Fact is, humans are humans...we aren't the most considerate of species. The quality of a person is shown by how they react to adversity and whether or not they overcome it or wallow in self pity. Admittedly, I have my days where I have a crying moment, but then I get on with life. It isn't easy being deaf now, but I look at the positives...such as it's a lot easier to sleep and to focus on things because I don't have sound to distract me or keep me awake. LOL

So, this never got locked, I see.....:roll:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back