Friends

ACL508

Reaction score
Hi I'm ari. I am here to make some friends to chat and maybe Skype, FaceTime or email. I speak some asl, still learning, and would love to know more. I recently moved to Florida with my mom and brother and left all the friends I have so I'm pretty much looking for someone to talk to. A friend lol :ty:

You are hearing, you will have not any problem talking with hearing people next door or any of the neighbors in your community. As for the d/Deaf people, you need to find Deaf events where you can communicate with them in ASL. For now you are not alone.

Question is where do you live in Florida so that you can find where you are looking for to meet d/Deaf people?

You are hearing, you will have not any problem talking with hearing people next door or any of the neighbors in your community.

Exactly. You hit the nail there. That's something I don't have. I can't just talk to anybody as much as I would love to. I feel like a hearing person trapped inside a deaf body. Would love to make small talk to anyone standing around, waiting rooms, in bus, etc but no I can't. Does really suck. My sons are hearing and there are times when they won't talk or refuse to order. I'm like oh my god, if I had your hearing...the hearing take their hearing for granted.

ACL508, welcome to the forum! Hope you like what you see. Make yourself comfortable. :D

Whatdidyousay!- there are I'm just a little shy lol and I'm better with the online approach... Only problem is every site I come across someone is just plain immature and nasty... I've gotten so sick of it lol
Bebonang- I'm living in riverview Florida it is about 20 minutes from Tampa. And thank you :)
Mangareader- thank you for the welcome :) and you are right a lot of people do take their hearing for granted.... When I was little I used to get a lot of ear infections (like 2times a month) if they were bad enough I couldn't hear for days sometimes weeks.... I don't tell to many people about that... I actually follow Sean Berdy on Instagram and he posted a picture of a google search he made (how to become deaf) and there is many people actually asking how to make themselves deaf it surprised me that someone is actually taking their hearing for granted that much when there are many deaf people who would give anything to have what they do. But thank you for the welcome :)

Back