French Fries. 99 cent?

dereksbicycles

Reaction score
There is one restaurant that offers .99 cent drafts for special events. I went with my girlfriend. I asked my girlfriend which beers were .99 cent? She did not understand me. She thought I said french fries. "French Fries" and .99 looks very similar.

She laughed, but I did not find it funny. I would think that after 2 years with my girlfriend she would be better on ASL than this.

Learning ASL is fun, but not when someone cannot get it.

There is one restaurant that offers .99 cent drafts for special events. I went with my girlfriend. I asked my girlfriend which beers were .99 cent? She did not understand me. She thought I said french fries. "French Fries" and .99 looks very similar.

She laughed, but I did not find it funny. I would think that after 2 years with my girlfriend she would be better on ASL than this.

Learning ASL is fun, but not when someone cannot get it.

There's a person at my job that speaks English, French, Spanish, Italian, Urdu, and Arabic. She's the only employee I see that knows these many languages. Not everyone is as capable, and in your girlfriend's case, ASL is a visual language so it might be taxing on the hands. I know it was with me. Are you basing your relationship on how much she's willing to learn ASL? Are you as sensitive to her needs? Does she force you to speak? Maybe you were being overly sensitive at that moment, and she was just trying to have a little levity. Why are you in the relationship? It doesn't sound like you like her.

Laura

I agree, even fluent or near fluent users of ASL make mistakes for a multitude of reasons, and can joke about it and laugh. Just lighten up a little, as long as shes trying joking about mistakes is ok i think :) ive always learned from my mistake even better when there was a funny joke attached to the first time it happened. Just please dont think she isnt taking it seriously just because she can laugh at her own silliness. I can relate im a silly person and laugh at almost anything and everything but my passion for a lot of things including ASL is strong! If she didnt care i dont think she would be having fun :)

Kelsey

Is all this upset because she wanted nothing but a ring last Christmas, and this year wishes even more for marriage?

It would be more fair to break it off it you aren't interested in the same thing , before she is too old to have children and the family she apparently wants.

Well, after a few drafts for .99 cents....it really won't matter at all....So lighten up and chill out or just bail out....maybe you need a long break from all this comunication frustrations....:hmm:

Well, after a few drafts for .99 cents....it really won't matter at all....So lighten up and chill out or just bail out....maybe you need a long break from all this comunication frustrations....:hmm:

Cheers to that! ;D
:cheers:

IIt would be more fair to break it off it you aren't interested in the same thing , before she is too old to have children and the family she apparently wants.

This is great point. Men can have children whenever they want, and at any age, but women have a narrow timeframe. If she wants a family, it's not fair let her think you love and want to be with her if you don't.

Laura

this is whinging derek...it is just possible she fed up of this whinging but waiting until holidays over before she give you the boot.

I think it was just a misunderstanding on her part. I know you're frustrated, but try not to make her feel too bad. Use it as a learning experience, and show her the difference. I learn new signs every day. Just last week, I had confused the signs for EGG and KNIFE and my Deaf friend was laughing at me. Of course I was embarrassed, but I had to laugh it off too and use it as a lesson.

I think it was just a misunderstanding on her part. I know you're frustrated, but try not to make her feel too bad. Use it as a learning experience, and show her the difference. I learn new signs every day. Just last week, I had confused the signs for EGG and KNIFE and my Deaf friend was laughing at me. Of course I was embarrassed, but I had to laugh it off too and use it as a lesson.

All over. They broke up. This thread should be locked now.

All over. They broke up. This thread should be locked now.

are thy...?derek get tandem bike this time and make sure you ride round the bloke few times if you and her fall off then use single bike

Back