Freedom quit working

neecy

Reaction score
Today, my Freedom conked out on me. It was working fine, then I got a "beeping" noise like you get when you switch programs, then sound input stopped and I received nothing but a very deep-sounding buzzing noise that seems to "cycle." Changing batteries, battery holder, coil, etc hasn't helped and my Audie is out of town till the 22nd.

This is gonna be a long 9 days *sigh*.

Wow sorry to hear about your ci failing!! Maybe call cochlear and see if there is any troubleshooting things you can try?

I'm sorry to hear about this. How long have you had your CI for? Has anything like this happened to you before?

Mine did, Got H5 on LCD then conked out.... this was only 2 weeks after activation... now sporting a new one... hope you got bottom of this.

Doesn't the insurance cover 2 processors??

neecy, do you know Sign at least? At least you're not totally up the creek without a paddle, then. But I know how it is.......I love hearing myself.

I'm sorry to hear about your CI. Is there anyone in the audie's office that can help you? Also did you put it in the dry and store overnight?

Aww Really Geez .. Hope.. There do something fixing with your CI? :dunno:

Today, my Freedom conked out on me. It was working fine, then I got a "beeping" noise like you get when you switch programs, then sound input stopped and I received nothing but a very deep-sounding buzzing noise that seems to "cycle." Changing batteries, battery holder, coil, etc hasn't helped and my Audie is out of town till the 22nd.

This is gonna be a long 9 days *sigh*.

Can't you go another audi ? try to contact the nucleus via e-mail ,maybe they direct you another place

It happened to my friend few weeks ago, he walked thru store and heard beep out of his CI then it silent him. So he had it replacement. No charge. Hope u get replacement with no charge.

I'm going to call the office (or rather get my Mom to call them) and see if something can be done. I know they have loaners that they can lend out and we'll see if mine is fixable.

Some good news - the audiologist's replacement (while she's out of town) called and turns out my CI is under warranty until Oct 15, so I JUST squeaked in under the warranty! I'll get a replacement without incurring any cost. Thanks for all the good thoughts - they worked!

Some good news - the audiologist's replacement (while she's out of town) called and turns out my CI is under warranty until Oct 15, so I JUST squeaked in under the warranty! I'll get a replacement without incurring any cost. Thanks for all the good thoughts - they worked!

Glad to hear it all worked out well for you.

Now my question. Can you buy extended warranty like with hearing aids?

I can HEAR again!!!!!!!! Got my replacement yesterday and only now do I realize that mine had REALLY been deteriorating soundwise - Everything is so clear and crisp and LOUD now, LOL!!!!

I can HEAR again!!!!!!!! Got my replacement yesterday and only now do I realize that mine had REALLY been deteriorating soundwise - Everything is so clear and crisp and LOUD now, LOL!!!!

That is great!!! I am glad it all worked out in the end. I noticed that Cochlear is having a 50% off on the extended warranty that you could sign up for until the end of the year. Best wishes.

John

Back