FOX network CC

etalton

Reaction score
Does anyone else have trouble viewing FOX channel TV programs? I do not mean the live ones, but the prerecorded shows. I have a really hard time understanding what is going on during most shows as the CC often flashes too quickly on the screen. I have emailed both the FOX network and the local channel but have never received a reply. I love Bones, House and the new show Fringe, but get so frustrated with the CC that I sometimes want to just give it up and stop viewing. I will find a show, once in a while, that has normal CC and think they have fixed things...till I watch the three shows I mentioned above.

I have notice it exactly as you described but only on older or rerun shows like Two and a Half Men, Everyone Loves Raymond or Seinfeld. But CC in new shows are fine like Terminator Sarah Connor Chronicles, Prison Break, House and Fringe are fine. CC in commercial has problems during Prime Time hours when new shows are aired.

I always thought it was from my local station but it looks like a nationwide issue. I have e-mailed FOX many times in the past for other reasons and they never replied and I have given up pestering them.

Peter

I am watching "Bones" as I type and it has serious CC issues. It would skip CC at about every two to three sentences.

Peter

I watched Bones. The captioning told me everything going on as far as I know.

I watched House MD, I'm seriously in love with it in HD version. Oh yeah, nothing wrong with my location station nor cable service. It must be your minor problem in your location or service. Call them before it's too late!

I love to watch COPS and America Most Wanted with CC. I don't have a problem with CC. I have no clue what's wrong with your CC. :dunno:

I watched House MD, I'm seriously in love with it in HD version. Oh yeah, nothing wrong with my location station nor cable service. It must be your minor problem in your location or service. Call them before it's too late!

My favorite program! I also watch it with the captioning on, and haven't noticed a problem.

etalton

Are you use cable or antenna by over the air?

We used to have TV with Antenna (over the air). The Simpson, Break Prison, etc. They are fine with CC on our Plasma HDTV but still weak signal. Too much for us to adjust antenna to find good signal.

My experience from Verizon FIOS. We have Motorola HDTV box. Almost all channel at Standard TV program. Too fast flash CC. No way to read more than half second. HD Program's CC is okay but some fad texts.

I am using OTA antenna and CC problems are from digital or HDTV stations only. I get very good signal strength and signal strength is not the issue. I have CC issue only from FOX station. I get very good signal strength from six other digital or HDTV stations (CBS, NBC, PBS, ABC, MyNetwork, CW) in Reno, NV and CC works fine.

Analog CC from FOX is fine but picture quality is a million times worse than HDTV.

Peter

I have DirecTV and don't have this CC problem on any other channel. So, I guess it is a local thing, as my FOX is a local channel and I have to have the second satellite dish to view it. I have emailed them, but no reply. Not that that is surprising. Thanks for the input.

I dont have this problem here in Norfolk/Virginia Beach VA market on Cox Cable TV.. I watched many shows on Fox as well.

I had checked and don't have problem either.

Does anyone else have trouble viewing FOX channel TV programs? I do not mean the live ones, but the prerecorded shows. I have a really hard time understanding what is going on during most shows as the CC often flashes too quickly on the screen. I have emailed both the FOX network and the local channel but have never received a reply. I love Bones, House and the new show Fringe, but get so frustrated with the CC that I sometimes want to just give it up and stop viewing. I will find a show, once in a while, that has normal CC and think they have fixed things...till I watch the three shows I mentioned above.

It has not worked right in my area for a few months now. I can hardly understand the shows and since it's one of the few channels I get, it sucks.

i have this problem to! i dont understand the shows so i cant watch anymore. i have to watch other channels.

So I guess I am not the only one that is having a problem with House right now. Not that it makes me feel any better..since misery loves company...

Back