Found a hearing aid

vshowler

Reaction score
I hope this question is relevant here. I work at a gym and found a hearing aid. I am desperate to return it to it's owner as he/she must be going nuts without it!! Is there anyway to track it back to it's owner with a serial number, etc??

I hope this question is relevant here. I work at a gym and found a hearing aid. I am desperate to return it to it's owner as he/she must be going nuts without it!! Is there anyway to track it back to it's owner with a serial number, etc??

How many people at your gym wear hearing aids?

Why not put up a found sign at the desk? If you worry about desperate deaf people falsely claiming it, require the claimant to identify the maker before handing it over.

If it's not claimed in the next day or so... (put up a sign saying "hearing aid found", but not mentioning the type - Behind The Ear (BTE), In the ear etc, nor the manufacturer - Phonak, Oticon, Widex, & model ... both should be marked somewhere on the HA)

In order to "claim" the hearing aid they would have to not only give the make,model and type but also have it fit on their ear etc ... hearing aids generally have custom ear moulds that fit only that person's ear.

Aside from that, the easiest way to track the person down might be calling the manufacturer and giving them the serial number. Then ask if they can contact the Audiologist's office who ordered it so that they (the Audiologist) can contact the rightful owner for you.

Hope that helps!

Just leave it with the lost and found at the gym. If it belongs to a member, I'm sure that member will come back asking for it. :)

Just leave it with the lost and found at the gym. If it belongs to a member, I'm sure that member will come back asking for it. :)

Thats for sure, if I left my hearing aid somewhere Id know it and Id surely be back to claim it, lmfao

I suggest that you turn the hearing aid in to the manager and put up a note on a bulletin board or something similar that everyone will see that you've found a hearing aid and that whoever lost the hearing aid can see it and come to you or the manager and get it back. There is no way to track it back to the owner, I think. Other than that, I don't know.

Back