Forum Changes

ahhh I get it :thumb: fantastic job! ;)

I think you should edit those old details under the subjects, cos I still can see old details under the certain subjects, like under the title a such as general debates, art/writing, etc etc. Just sayin'. :)

I know it's very personal for mods.. I just noticed some new subjects for mods corner section too. I guess it must be easier for alex and mods? Is that correct?

If not, so never mind what I said. Please take my apology for being nosy a bit. ^_^;;

I've made some forum changes earlier, and they are :shock: :

1.) The Video Games forum was merged with the Computers forum, and it is now called "Computers, Electronics, IT & Gaming"

Bad move, IMO. I don't want to see game threads lumped with Sidekick and such threads. IMO videogaming deserves its own subforum. It's not as if the mods do much work here anyway.

Ahh, alrighty. I can understand it is much easier for moderators. :)
I'm a moderator at a similarly structured forum, which also uses Vbulletin, Animenation.com. Click on reported posts via e mail, not so hard. One mod here told me he never checked his e mail, so go figure. I feel like going off on a rant about how things are run here, but one of the rules here is no criticsm of the admin or mods, so go figure. Can't improve if it's like that, really.

I think you should edit those old details under the subjects, cos I still can see old details under the certain subjects, like under the title a such as general debates, art/writing, etc etc. Just sayin'. :)

I know it's very personal for mods.. I just noticed some new subjects for mods corner section too. I guess it must be easier for alex and mods? Is that correct?

If not, so never mind what I said. Please take my apology for being nosy a bit. ^_^;;
Yes, I'm going to work on the forum descriptions later this week. As for the "No Dice" sub-forums you see, those are temporary and will be removed eventually.

Bad move, IMO. I don't want to see game threads lumped with Sidekick and such threads. IMO videogaming deserves its own subforum. It's not as if the mods do much work here anyway.
To each his own.

Alex - To each his own did you borrow that quote fron Nathan, no? :laugh2:

:lol: It's Nathan's motto, he mentioned occasionally in some posts all over AD.

Alex, could you make announcement that alert on top of forum to let members know about forum has changed, some members made thread to ask about where is gaming section? or something like that.

I'm a moderator at a similarly structured forum, which also uses Vbulletin, Animenation.com. Click on reported posts via e mail, not so hard. One mod here told me he never checked his e mail, so go figure. I feel like going off on a rant about how things are run here, but one of the rules here is no criticsm of the admin or mods, so go figure. Can't improve if it's like that, really.

Sidekick and cell phone has own section, that usually with deaf technologies, video game are merged with computers and IT, is it too confused to you?

Popularity in gaming section has been lacked then Alex had merged it to bring more attention to members to find it, it has nothing with situation about mods, not much at least.

Like Alex said " To each his own ". He owned this website and do whatever he thinks is best for each moderator without hassle and headache. :)

You mentioned that you are a moderator of your own, then YOU do whatever YOU like with your own website. There's nothin' you can do with someone else's website since you are not the owner of someone else's website. Just let them be what is comfortable for moderators and that is includin' Alex, the owner. Each owner have their own " comfort zone " to a different degree from other owner's comfort zone at different site.... so, don't let it bother ya. :)

Like Alex said " To each his own ". He owned this website and do whatever he thinks is best for each moderator without hassle and headache. :)

You mentioned that you are a moderator of your own, then YOU do whatever YOU like with your own website. There's nothin' you can do with someone else's website since you are not the owner of someone else's website. Just let them be what is comfortable for moderators and that is includin' Alex, the owner. Each owner have their own " comfort zone " to a different degree from other owner's comfort zone at different site.... so, don't let it bother ya. :)

Hey that's my line...

nathan, I was just telling Alex, that it was your line and it was really funny to come up with the same line you said to what Alex mentioned. At first, I thought it was copied off you, but what a concidence! :laugh2:

nathan, I was just telling Alex, that it was your line and it was really funny to come up with the same line you said to what Alex mentioned. At first, I thought it was copied off you, but what a concidence! :laugh2:

It is. A coincidence indeed. "To each his own..."

Miscellaneous could be renamed as Hobbies. Many of the topics can be hobbies.

Please put some colors to the website. Even themes each month!

Lemme ask ya. Is this AllDeaf or AllAlex? :wave: That is all I ask you to consider. Forums are usually a community thing, for a specific community, with decisons that affect the community. . Rarely do i see a forum about one specific person, like Samuel L Jackson has. Yes, it is Alex's domain, but I also am part of the community, and am merely voicing my opinion, which is how things are run in Amercia.
However, do not get me wrong. I know Alex has a lot of experience with this certain forum and has been at it longer than any of us have, so in the end, I may oppose some decisons he makes, but I do ultimately respect them. I am not posting or demanding any ulitmatiums of any sort.

Back