Former President Clinton raising money for 'hearing and speech school'

I was reading your posts in this thread. First you obviously have a "chip". Secondly, as constructively put, you just had a deaf toddler and you're already an expert on how to raise one? :roll:

First, I have NEVER said anything about being an expert on raising a deaf toddler-- that's one reason I joined here was to gain perspective-- I do however know what works for my toddler who has issues beyond his deafness--

Edited for personal reasons

Last edited:
I was reading your posts in this thread. First you obviously have a "chip". Secondly, as constructively put, you just had a deaf toddler and you're already an expert on how to raise one? :roll:

That was somewhat uncalled for.

First, I have NEVER said anything about being an expert on raising a deaf toddler-- that's one reason I joined here was to gain perspective-- I do however know what works for my toddler who has issues beyond his deafness--

My 'chip' is a vast majority of the kids here are NOT speech or hearing kids... they're realted to children who were-- and have 'graduated' OR are from very affluent families (hence the HUGE fundraiser) -- who use the school as a stepping stone to other private schools... not utilizing the services. YES I have issue w/that-- when there are kids in the community who need services like they offer but can't afford to attend there, and the classes are full w/a majority of 'typical' kids-- had the fundraiser even remotely been to provide even ONE scholarship a year I might feel differently...

And although several of the d/hoh kids who attend there DO NOT have CI's but rather HA's but there is a preference to the CI kids when describing the 'success' of the program... As if the HA kids who have been successful don't count???[/QUOTE]

And that is why I created the thread "Geez! Here we go with this BS" because it seems to be a growing problem.

Anyways, good posting and I understand where you are coming from.

I didn't know that. Sorry to hear about it. Sure, you'd know better on what works for your son.

Last edited:
Looking back at this thread, I may have been a little harsh in my assessment of Adamsmomma's posts and apologize! And take back what I said! Let's move on and hope for the best for everyone!

Last edited:
Back