Ford is goes to bankrupt?

That's right wing dribble. If they wanna blow their horns, let them.

Richard

Okay,... I see quite a bit of discussion about Ford.

Yes Ford is hurting thanks to AFA and other organizations. But not only that, Toyota happens to be better made and more attractive vehicles than American brands. I read all the time in magazines and watch CNBC quite a bit of times. They kept saying bland design. I kept telling those hot shots at Design Forum to make it more attractive.

Hopefully the Interceptor will do better but remember, it is a concept car, not a production. They have to test the waters with public. If there is a demand, they will produce it. If not, it goes to storage, or give it to the main designer or even destroy the vehicle since it takes up space.

Now, about Union. Of course, they eat much of profits. However, NOT most union workers. My brother works for Magna and the pay cut hits him and everyone there at this local plant in my hometown. He is making just under 20 Dollars an hour! Most of the workers make that much.

Down South where Toyota, Saturn, Hyundai, and others are made in Bible Belt states, their pay is about same or LESS than 20 Dollars an hour! Unionized there because its the "rule" that any automakers that has plants in US must accept unions. That is why US companies are going to Communist wacko China!

Why? No unions allowed there because it is a Communist country.

Ford will not go out of business that easy anytime soon. Maybe sold to another company, we do not know. Their strength right now are the Mustangs and F-150s.

If AFA wants to boycott foreign companies, they will have to keep telling people just dont buy their products only in US. That is the only way since if the companies are on American soil, we have the rights to buy or refuse to purchase foreign products.

I try to focus on buying US made products. I always check the bottom of products or packages or the sticker on the car.

Of course Toyota is good made but it was designed by a mixture of many nationalities such as Americans!! I saw a lot of students in art colleges from US get jobs overseas! So, as for those foreign companies.. its American influenced foreign controlled companies. Simple as that. Besides that, more talented designers end up working for those companies, not in US. All depends on the Draft. You know that? Designers are drafted like NFL players, NBA, and other sports players do!

Okay,... I see quite a bit of discussion about Ford.

Yes Ford is hurting thanks to AFA and other organizations. But not only that, Toyota happens to be better made and more attractive vehicles than American brands. I read all the time in magazines and watch CNBC quite a bit of times. They kept saying bland design. I kept telling those hot shots at Design Forum to make it more attractive.

Hopefully the Interceptor will do better but remember, it is a concept car, not a production. They have to test the waters with public. If there is a demand, they will produce it. If not, it goes to storage, or give it to the main designer or even destroy the vehicle since it takes up space.

Now, about Union. Of course, they eat much of profits. However, NOT most union workers. My brother works for Magna and the pay cut hits him and everyone there at this local plant in my hometown. He is making just under 20 Dollars an hour! Most of the workers make that much.

Down South where Toyota, Saturn, Hyundai, and others are made in Bible Belt states, their pay is about same or LESS than 20 Dollars an hour! Unionized there because its the "rule" that any automakers that has plants in US must accept unions. That is why US companies are going to Communist wacko China!

Ford will not go out of business that easy anytime soon. Maybe sold to another company, we do not know. Their strength right now are the Mustangs and F-150s.

If AFA wants to boycott foreign companies, they will have to keep telling people just dont buy their products only in US. That is the only way since if the companies are on American soil, we have the rights to buy or refuse to purchase foreign products.

I try to focus on buying US made products. I always check the bottom of products or packages or the sticker on the car.

Of course Toyota is good made but it was designed by a mixture of many nationalities such as Americans!! I saw a lot of students in art colleges from US get jobs overseas! So, as for those foreign companies.. its American influenced foreign controlled companies. Simple as that. Besides that, more talented designers end up working for those companies, not in US. All depends on the Draft. You know that? Designers are drafted like NFL players, NBA, and other sports players do!

You said thanks to AFA? That's means you are conservative like Heath does... :ugh:

It's not true but Ford is losing of sale because of gas prices, that big factor for them.

You said thanks to AFA? That's means you are conservative like Heath does... :ugh:

It's not true but Ford is losing of sale because of gas prices, that big factor for them.

That's a good point. Also, the sales dropped around Christmas because that is the worst time in the year for car sales. People are shopping, but they're thinking of things other than cars.

If you want to negotiate and exasperate a car salesman so you can get a good deal, around that time of the year is good because they're antsy for sales after not getting as many.

You misunderstood what I said. The wording thanks does not mean I thank you to AFA. It is a hearing expression meaning the opposite. I was saying in sarcastic way. I was quite the opposite. For example, "Thanks Bush for the mess with Iraq." It really means, "^%(&&*$ jerk for the mess in Iraq!"

That is what I really meant.

Gas price isnt the only thing. AFA is also a factor. Bland designs is another problems Ford is facing. Why did you think Ford send J. Mays back to Europe for? Peter Holm... something. I forgot his last name.. Anyway Peter replaced J. Mays because critics inside the company and outside of the company complained about bland design. Remember they had a concept vehicle called Five Hundred? People said they loved that look and name. Ford said ok, here is the car for public. It was not like that concept vehicle at all! That model's sales are not doing well.

Ford along with GM are in a similar ride with hardship. There are many factors people are not buying Ford and GM models. I can name a few more. Union workers make too much, the homosexual situation with Ford, groups boycotting Ford, gas prices, bland designs, few model choices, fewer advertisements on TV, cable, etc.. Fewer model choices after shutting the lines.. laying off workers will make workers tell families and friends not to buy that brand in revenge, etc. Look, my brother works at Magna now because DalmierChrysler sold the transmission plant to Magna and guess what? My brother and many workers told people like me not to buy any D-C vehicles as a revenge.

I can go on and on about the reasons and factors why the Big 2 plus 4th are hurting. I set one example in my previous statement, ok?

Thank you.

That's a good point. Also, the sales dropped around Christmas because that is the worst time in the year for car sales. People are shopping, but they're thinking of things other than cars.

If you want to negotiate and exasperate a car salesman so you can get a good deal, around that time of the year is good because they're antsy for sales after not getting as many.

Yup... Ford has right to send an funds on homosexual and abortion as support then AFA is suposed not bother them, it's getting more annoying and being scared about ruin American value.

American value is NOTHING but only for everything.

You misunderstood what I said. The wording thanks does not mean I thank you to AFA. It is a hearing expression meaning the opposite. I was saying in sarcastic way. I was quite the opposite. For example, "Thanks Bush for the mess with Iraq." It really means, "^%(&&*$ jerk for the mess in Iraq!"

That is what I really meant.

Gas price isnt the only thing. AFA is also a factor. Bland designs is another problems Ford is facing. Why did you think Ford send J. Mays back to Europe for? Peter Holm... something. I forgot his last name.. Anyway Peter replaced J. Mays because critics inside the company and outside of the company complained about bland design. Remember they had a concept vehicle called Five Hundred? People said they loved that look and name. Ford said ok, here is the car for public. It was not like that concept vehicle at all! That model's sales are not doing well.

Ford along with GM are in a similar ride with hardship. There are many factors people are not buying Ford and GM models. I can name a few more. Union workers make too much, the homosexual situation with Ford, groups boycotting Ford, gas prices, bland designs, few model choices, fewer advertisements on TV, cable, etc.. Fewer model choices after shutting the lines.. laying off workers will make workers tell families and friends not to buy that brand in revenge, etc. Look, my brother works at Magna now because DalmierChrysler sold the transmission plant to Magna and guess what? My brother and many workers told people like me not to buy any D-C vehicles as a revenge.

I can go on and on about the reasons and factors why the Big 2 plus 4th are hurting. I set one example in my previous statement, ok?

Thank you.

You sure? AFA act like retard, also only 1% is threat from AFA due most conservative christian, also there's alot of non-christian in USA.

I'm not christian BS...

That is not true! Right now in Communist county known as China, Wal-mart now is unionized there in China! They just organized last July!

Wal-mart is really the first company in China to organize in their history!

If you all go back and do research on automobile manufacturer history. You will be surprised! In America alone once had over 100 car manufacturer! What happen to over 100 of them? Mostly went bankruptcy, others just bought out by GM, Ford, and Chrysler.

FYI, I lost my loyality to GM! :madfawk: at GM for the worst model years (90's) Can I trust them again? I don't think so, they got long long long way to prove it!

FYI, I lost my loyality to GM! :madfawk: at GM for the worst model years (90's) Can I trust them again? I don't think so, they got long long long way to prove it!

I stay away from them too. My favorites tend to be with Acura and Honda. Though I have a weakness for BMWs. ;)

China is communist country. They only allowed captialism with American and other foreign companies to produce there. Strange! Sure Wal-Mart became "unionized" but in reality, Wal-Mart HATES unions. In Canada, when a store full of workers wanted to be unioned, Wal-Mart SHUT the doors on that specific store. Another store during that time wanted to do the same thing got shut too! Wal-Mart does not allow unions.

Perhaps you misunderstood or perhaps its true in China but really, its the Communist Goverment's policy not to allow unions. Remember Poland in 1980s and 90s? They established unions and the Communist Soviet Union did not want that and tried to crush that union but because of Soviet Union was falling apart, Polish Unions won.

Now, because of what Wal-Mart did, just few short weeks ago the Communist Party put their offices in Wal-Mart since they want to control more business of Wal-Mart to surpress workers in the stores.

I know all about automobile history. I have this book and its required for design students like myself to know this. I am well aware of over 100 companies. Yes, mergers, bankrupty, the Great Depression, the invasion of Japanese cars, energy crisis, bland or ugly designs, and more have put those out of business. History was similar with snowmobiles. There were 210 to be exact. Yes, 210 snowmobile companies. Funny, some were established and went out of business within a month! However, only 2 Americans, 4 foreign brands made by 3 companies. Arctic Cat, Polaris, Yamaha, BRP (Ski-Doo and Lynx), and Bolens Sno-Hawk.

I find interesting.. there are so many Recreational vehicle companies and Marine companies that makes boats, cruisers, yachts...and sailboats. Those two got smart and survived all "roadblocks" that automobiles and snowmobiles faced.

Ford Loses Record 12.7 Billion In 2006

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ford losing $1,925 on every car
$12.7B loss sets all-time record

Tom Krisher
The Associated Press

Friday, January 26, 2007

DEARBORN, Mich. - Ford Motor Co. lost a staggering $12.7 billion in 2006 -- an average of $1,925 for every car and truck it sold.

The company that invented the assembly line and whose name was a byword for the auto industry warns that it will bleed cash for two more years before it even has a shot at making money.

Ford's loss, reported on Thursday, was the worst in the company's 103-year history and came amid slumping demand for sport utility vehicles and other gas guzzlers and huge restructuring costs tied in part to the planned closure of 16 plants.

Last year's loss surpassed Ford's old record of $7.39 billion set in 1992.

A fourth-quarter loss of $5.8 billion helped drive up the red ink, which for the year amounted to $6.79 per share versus a profit of $1.44 billion, or 77 cents a share, in 2005.

Although huge, the losses were far from the largest quarterly or annual corporate deficits on record -- Time Warner Inc. reported a $97.2 billion loss in 2002, largely due to new accounting rules about how to value assets. Ford could not rely on accounting rules, however, to explain its total.

Ford's loss also wasn't the worst annual total in the auto industry. General Motors Corp. lost $23.4 billion in 1992, due mainly to accounting rule changes on health care liabilities.

The Dearborn-based company predicted more losses for this year and in 2008, but Ford said its restructuring plan is on track to return to profitability in 2009.

"We know where we are. We are dealing with it and we're on plan," Chief Executive Officer Alan Mulally told reporters and industry analysts in a conference call.

Several analysts said the loss was not surprising, given Ford's high costs and falling market share and sales. Ford's future is cloudy at best, given the deficit that it must overcome, analysts said.

"They have a massive challenge in front of them. Their basic business is billions of dollars in the red," said Burnham Securities analyst David Healy.

Ford, which lost $6 billion on North American operations alone, said it expects to burn up $10 billion in cash to run its business through 2009 and spend another $7 billion to invest in new products.

The fourth-quarter loss was the worst final-quarter loss in Ford's history and its second-worst quarterly performance. Ford lost $6.7 billion in the first quarter of 1992.

I honestly don't think Ford will ever go Bankrupt..But ya never know though. Large companies have before.:ugh3:

Back