For you financial wizards out there ...

Rollover

Reaction score
Question:

I have $1000. that I would like to invest / double. What can I do?
I believe Merrill Lynch requires $5000. to start. The savings bank
is just a safe keep place but not for investments.

What would you do? I plan on doing something but what? After
I handle this $1000. then I start to save all over again to the next
one thousand. The point - it takes awhile to accumulate, what's the
easy and quick way to do things?

Thanks for any input.

Most brokerage company have their own set limit amount of money. I suggest best is go shopping window to look all brokerages(not take whole LOL) to compares and which is best fit need to investment for your futures. What about CD savings and bonds. If you real want buy a new home I would start with CD savings for 2 or 3 years depend you prefer. Same thing with buy new vehicle investment CD or bonds either good for put large down payment take advantage low payment monthly. For brokerage investment for retirement saving ----> (after retirement collect fat money spend enjoy retirement life). There is many options to thinking about which is best set up.

Put it in a CD but it is really slow but risk free. That's what I did or invest in stocks with risks associated?

I have a tiny part of my paycheck deducted for high risk stocks that are supposed to double so I have to keep a careful eye on them.

:wave: I would go here. The Global Adventure No affiliation, usual disclaimers.

Click on the left side of the main page: 'Chat with Keith'. Ask him your question. Give Keith a day or two to answer your question because he is at sea on his boat, time difference, and he some of the time at sea he does not have a satelite signal for wireless internet access.

I look at it...no thanks.....don't give shit bad link to Suzimaria.TSK

...I have $1000. that I would like to invest / double. What can I do?...What would you do? I plan on doing something but what?...what's the easy and quick way to do things?...
:wave: US $1,000.00 ~ Wow!...Please, will you marry me?...Only joking. :laugh2:

I suggest you go here. The Global Adventure No affiliation, usual disclaimers.

Click on the left side of the main page: 'Chat with Keith'. Leave Keith a message. Simple, quick, easy, & free.

Ask him your question.

Give Keith a day or two to answer your question because he is at sea on his boat, time difference, and some of the time at sea he does not have a satelite signal for wireless internet access.

Hope this helps.

Questions?

You can do it! Good Luck!

10-04-06Joe3-1.jpg

Last edited:
I say put it in a savings account.. Some banks are offering pretty good interest rates now.. (my bank First Bank of Lexington offers 6.17% on checking) you just have to look for them... Or you can go with a CD.. but the money is not quite as liquid that way..

If you are willing to take a risk.. you could put it in the market and play around with it! just be wary.. you may lose money! the market is very volitile at the moment.. ! ( I recently put a healthy chunk of money @125per share into Apple (AAPL) stock because I have a good feeling that it will be at near 200 per share by the end of the year..) but do not take my advice on this as gospel.. im taking a big gamble.. the stock has been down for the past week.. losing over 20+ per share.. and I bought this morning before the market opened.. could be up for losing more.. but its worth the risk! especially in the long run..

I say put it in a savings account.. Some banks are offering pretty good interest rates now.. (my bank First Bank of Lexington offers 6.17% on checking) you just have to look for them... Or you can go with a CD.. but the money is not quite as liquid that way..

If you are willing to take a risk.. you could put it in the market and play around with it! just be wary.. you may lose money! the market is very volitile at the moment.. ! ( I recently put a healthy chunk of money @125per share into Apple (AAPL) stock because I have a good feeling that it will be at near 200 per share by the end of the year..) but do not take my advice on this as gospel.. im taking a big gamble.. the stock has been down for the past week.. losing over 20+ per share.. and I bought this morning before the market opened.. could be up for losing more.. but its worth the risk! especially in the long run..

Years ago I thought DELL would be the highest stock rising in decades but not. Wow! You aren't afraid to take chances! Do you have a program on your computer in which you can play trades any time that you want to?
Thanks for sharing this information with me. I'm really eager to learn more about money. Funny- I have no idea about money.

Years ago I thought DELL would be the highest stock rising in decades but not. Wow! You aren't afraid to take chances! Do you have a program on your computer in which you can play trades any time that you want to?
Thanks for sharing this information with me. I'm really eager to learn more about money. Funny- I have no idea about money.

Well.. DELL was a good stock for a while.. until they started having production issues.. and HP started taking more and more of the market share..

One of the things you have to realize about the stockmarket that I learned through some very expensive lessons.. A stock does not always trade at its true worth.. AAPL is just as hot right now as GOGL (Google) was months after its IPO... if you look at the most studied and watched stocks.. AAPL is always in the top 3.. One of the great things Steve Jobs has done is to make AAPL stock as appealing as an Ipod. Everyone wants one.. everyone talks about it..

The thing that really made me look at AAPL is the fact that they have absolutely ZERO long term debt. This means that what they make in profit..goes straight to the bank account instead of being used to repay debtors... They can also afford to take chances.. Another thing I like about AAPL is the residual income they will be making from AT&T through their Iphone subscribers. AAPL gets a percentage of each account activated and monthly % for every month it stays activated. Also.. one of the hottest things in gadgets at the moment is bluetooth.. it seems to come with everything now.. and AAPL has yet to release their bluetooth devices.. sure the Iphone has bluetooth.. but not the protocol it should be using.. (let me explain)

Right now the best protocol for bluetooth is called A2DP which is stereo bluetooth.. it basically transmits the signal in stereo audio to and from the devices.. Apple has disabled A2DP on their Iphones with only a software upgrade from them will allow it to be enabled.. There is only one reason for them to do this..

The reason is: They are working on a stereo bluetooth headset with mic included.. This headset will likely come out at the same time the Bluetooth enabled Ipods will be released as well.. completing the bluetooth trifecta..

All of this is still speculation as Apple is always tight lipped about their new products.. but it seems to be a logical step..

I cannot say enough that this is all speculation.. it may or may not happen.. who knows.. the bottom of the stock market may fall out tomorrow.. but such is the risk..

Suzi, learning about how and why money works the way it does is a big step in how to start investing.. one BIG term is: "compounded interest"

If you took $1000 and put it in an account that earned you 10% interest and reinvested the earnings.. in 10 years you would have in your account $2,594.

If you took $10,000 put it in an account that earned you 8% and reinvested the earnings.. in 25 YEARS you would have over $68,000 !

this is the power of compound interest

As for programs.. no.. I have a friend in the business.. he handles my account.. I just email him something I want to buy.. give him the buy price.. and the sell price.. and its handled automatically from there..

Last edited:

You trade for commodity or futures?. I trade Forex only. Here my platform:

platform.jpg

chart.jpg

FOREX - blah.. to many variables.. to much mis-information.. to many scams..

Short-Term investments - stocks (high risk), short term CD's & Bonds (low risk)
Long-Term Investments - Mutual funds (practically no risk)

when I say practically no risk.. depending on the legnth of time you have your money in the market.. you WILL make a profit.. simple truth.. the market always rises over time... only fools try to guess what time that will be.. you just have to have patience and ride out the bad times..

While the stocks I recently bought (AAPL) @ $125 4 or so weeks ago dropped down to below $120 a few weeks ago.. now they are trading at the "pre-correction" price of $138.. giving me a profit (if I were to sell them) of almost $2500 !!! in less than a month.. for doing nothing other than having faith in the free-market economy.. if my theory is correct that AAPL will hit $200 by the end of the year..I should be able to pay off my car.. and buy what I always wanted.. 911t here I come!!!

FOREX - blah.. to many variables.. to much mis-information.. to many scams..

Short-Term investments - stocks (high risk), short term CD's & Bonds (low risk)
Long-Term Investments - Mutual funds (practically no risk)

when I say practically no risk.. depending on the legnth of time you have your money in the market.. you WILL make a profit.. simple truth.. the market always rises over time... only fools try to guess what time that will be.. you just have to have patience and ride out the bad times..

While the stocks I recently bought (AAPL) @ $125 4 or so weeks ago dropped down to below $120 a few weeks ago.. now they are trading at the "pre-correction" price of $138.. giving me a profit (if I were to sell them) of almost $2500 !!! in less than a month.. for doing nothing other than having faith in the free-market economy.. if my theory is correct that AAPL will hit $200 by the end of the year..I should be able to pay off my car.. and buy what I always wanted.. 911t here I come!!!

LOL Forex.....scam?...LOL then you have lack of experienced. Actual I ask you question are you use commodity or futures? You don't need explain whole stocks cause I know already anyway.

Jasper didn't say anything about commodities.

i put my money in paypal money marketing account.. thats nice because there's no terms on how long u must have ur money in like most CD says must leave ur money in for 5 years 1 year 10 month, etc.. and paypal can be 2 weeks, 1 month, etc.. and u get an average of more than 5%.. about the same as normal CD gets.

i'd put it in an ING account and leave it there. you can probubly get more money after 10 years if you just leave it.

LOL Forex.....scam?...LOL then you have lack of experienced. Actual I ask you question are you use commodity or futures? You don't need explain whole stocks cause I know already anyway.

I really do not want to get into a debate over the validity of Forex other than to say its a zero-sum game.. the world bank sets pricing to keep trade on an even keel.. but you can go on and on about problems with currency in general.. in my opinion.. its just too many variables .. stocks can be looked at quite simply.. earnings = share prices.. though I have seen stocks sell for more than they were worth..and stocks selling for less as well..

As far as commodities and futures.. commodities are not my bag.. Though I have played a bit with them concerning world events.. (lead, steel, copper). I do not have time to sit down and research futures pricing.. I do just fine with stocks.. and if it ain't broke.. don't fix it..

That being said.. if you find you do well with forex.. thats great.. personally I would much rather put my money on the pass/don't pass line and let it ride for a bit.. but.. thats just me!

Back