For those with grandfathered unlimited data package under AT&T

TechBill

Reaction score
If you still have unlimited data package under AT&T and use a whole lot data per month, AT&T may cut your speed down to dial up speed called "Throttling"

So best not to make too many VP calls on your unlimited data or you will be throttled if use too much data.

It already been reported all over in USA from those who are still on unlimited data package which was grandfathered over.

Here the new clipping

AT&T customers surprised by 'unlimited data' limit - KCTV 5

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4o5kBC8Alp8]Shep Smith from Fox News on AT&T Throttling top 5% of unlimited data users - YouTube[/ame]

AT&T is screwed!!! I never got warning text message from AT&T. My usage is less than 2 gb each month. I m still have grandfathered data plan and won't switch new plan till getting new iPhone 5 and other carrier around this summer or fall.

att only one wireless service that strongly support GLBT group, earned 100 out of 100 on HRC since rest of other wireless services aren't, Sprint got around 70's, tmobile got 50's/60's and Verizon got 20's on their score.

It seems like att is trying to rid of unlimited data that what existing subscribers have one and it isn't appreciate to do it. Verizon will follow same case as well.

And, I am not happy about the news about trottling unlimited data. I bet that AT&T will smell lawsuits coming soon.

And, I am not happy about the news about trottling unlimited data. I bet that AT&T will smell lawsuits coming soon.

I doubt. No lawsuits, unless lawyer find a way on loophole from at&t former fine print. I'm sure at&t's lawyers make ahead on legal blah blah.

Lol we can sue AT&T

I doubt. No lawsuits, unless lawyer find a way on loophole from at&t former fine print. I'm sure at&t's lawyers make ahead on legal blah blah.

Lol we would find something about it. Does ADA and 21st Century CVAA (21st Century Communications and Video Accessibility Act ring any bell? :naughty: We can do lawsuits against AT&T for violent federal law. And since I live in Texas, it also against the state law. Hey, AT&T's headquarter is in Dallas, TX :deal: :giggle:

Why do you want 3G as videophone? no matter how fast it is, it's sucks

I have grandfathered unlimited data and my carrier is Verizon. I've been throttled only once in the last 10 months that I have had my iPhone 4. Verizon does throttling but no where near the levels that AT&T does. I'm glad I never went to AT&T.

I have grandfathered unlimited data and my carrier is Verizon. I've been throttled only once in the last 10 months that I have had my iPhone 4. Verizon does throttling but no where near the levels that AT&T does. I'm glad I never went to AT&T.

Me too.

AT&T is screwed!!! I never got warning text message from AT&T. My usage is less than 2 gb each month. I m still have grandfathered data plan and won't switch new plan till getting new iPhone 5 and other carrier around this summer or fall.

Associated Press reports that an iPhone user in California has been awarded $850 in a small claims lawsuit filed against AT&T over throttling of data speeds. The user, who was on a grandfathered unlimited data plan, saw his data speeds drastically slashed once he reached 1.5-2 GB in a given month, even as other users on limited 3 GB plans at the same price see no similar restrictions at those levels.

The Associated Press: Judge awards iPhone user $850 in throttling case

Good!! More people will follow suit, hopefully

Last edited:
I was just talking to AT&T about this issue! I have a friend who works high up in the company. It is true, they will be cutting ALL unlimited data plans in the near future. I dropped my service with them recently. All around an annoying company!

Back