for those who are HoH/hearing/profoundly deaf people in hearing world

Do you think that deaf culture should be shared with hoh/hearing people

• yes

Votes: 28 96.6%
  • no, and please explain why briefly.

Votes: 1 3.4%

• Total voters
Deaf/HOH cultures can be invovled w/Hearing people (Depends Hearing people who motivated part of them...) Likely Interpreter/Learn Signer still part of Deaf community.

Likely eg: Hearing person who want learn sign languages and can be both ways... :dunno:

Because I hear, I don't know that my opinion counts for anything, but I say YES.

I don't like it when I sense separation between me and any group of people, whether they be dhh or ANY other group I don't belong to. I also feel shyer when I think my honestly-meant questions might be taken as offensive, and it bothers me when I think I might be laughed at or turned away just because I wanted to make friends and understand. That's the only thing I fear--people thinking that I'm an intrusive pest. I know I will never understand another group's experiences the way those people do, who live them every day. But I want to try, and at least understand what I can. It's a genuine interest.

But I am painfully shy, in general, and I've lost a lot of opportunities because of that. I want to quit missing those opportunities to know people with cool perspectives, thoughts, and experiences to share.

BTW, Big E, kudos to you for being in the priesthood! That rules! I have considered ministry myself, but I don't know enough yet to know if I have that calling or not.

Back