For the cigarette smokers and non-smokers too !!! Pass onto your family !!!!!

If you ask someone in a reasonable way to please take their cig elsewhere, they will do so.

Sure, its about respect.

Also, if a nonsmoker is allergic to smoke (like I am), it's their responsiblity to not be around it. '

Well, it's also your responsiblity as well. You should keep away from disrespectful or respectful smoker but you choose to go near them.

I don't know what the laws are like in Canada, but here in a America, our society is largely smoke free. You can't smoke in most public places. I feel this is reasonable. But, banning smoking is going too far. What's next? Chewing gum?

Yes I'm agree with you on this. Banning smoking doesn't solve anything.

I do agree with Banjo to a point, though. Smoking around kids is not a good thing to do. My sister smokes, but doesn't do so around the kids. It's not an easy solve.

I has to give Banjo right but I also understand smoker's side as well. I know it's very hard for them to quit smoking. I withnessed how my hubby had through after quit smoking in April 2004 with the help from us. He don't smoke in the car but stay outside all the time but still smell of smoking when my sons go to him. My brother is chain-smoker and quit in 1st January 1990 and 2 years later then my Dad... My sister can't quit smoke... I can understand there're different person who can or can't give smoking habit up. I am agree that smoking is an addictive.

However, I think we're too quick to ban things in this country. We're too quick to throw a round lawsuits. Could we sue the tobacco companies? Yes, but what would that do? Should I sue you for my asthma (hypothetical here..I don't have asthma). When does it stop? You can't just ban something simply because you don't like it.

You can file lawsuits against smokers, MacDonald, etc if you like, but you will never get the chance to win because tabacco, Junkies resturants are all legal. You know in first place what they are but you choose to ignore it. It's your own responsiblity. Remember lawyers only see after your money and play for you.

Its like this, Banjo....

its an addiction.. every person in this whole world has at least 1 addiction! Some are smokers, some are alcoholics, some are workaholics, some are computaholics!!!! However, smoking and drinking DOES affect our health and the children's too. Once you smoke a cig, you're addicted. People see it as a habit.. not their intention to hurt other people's health.

Do you drive a car? If so.. you are hurting children's health too.. all the pollutions that's in the air is killing us too. You just can't say that smoking is the worse thing in the world. There are plenty of others that is killing us.

and I have not smoked in 6 months and it feels really good.. but come to think of other hazardous... how safe are we?? we're not really safe anymore.. the Ozone is thinning out.. pollutions and smogs are killing us..

this has nothing to do with hurting our children.. its hurting all of us.. each of us..

First of all, congrulation for quit smoking... :thumb:

Yes I also agree with you, too that smoking is not only one who affect your health but pollutions, unhealth foods, smogs, etc. etc. etc.

Like what I say before that ban public smoking doesn't solve anything...

I think no matter what people are gonna smoke regardless of the warnings, health issues, even price. I mean damn its been around for years. Yes its had to quit. I know I tried it many times. But I mostly smoke at work myself. But what non-smokers don't understand how hard it is to quit. It just tends to drive ya crazy when you are not smoking after a while, well an hour or less for some people LoL. People just gotta let it go the T.V., Government, etc..Its a choice all we smokers make. Non-smokers are not buying them for us, we are.

I myself, like I said mostly at work I smoke. & I'm down to 1/2 a pack a day. Because I rarely smoke at home (never around my kids) & don't smoke on the weekends. I guess reason being at work. Because its a very stressful job at times & I think social smoking is the very very hardest to quit.

I think no matter what people are gonna smoke regardless of the warnings, health issues, even price. I mean damn its been around for years. Yes its had to quit. I know I tried it many times. But I mostly smoke at work myself. But what non-smokers don't understand how hard it is to quit. It just tends to drive ya crazy when you are not smoking after a while, well an hour or less for some people LoL. People just gotta let it go the T.V., Government, etc..Its a choice all we smokers make. Non-smokers are not buying them for us, we are.

I myself, like I said mostly at work I smoke. & I'm down to 1/2 a pack a day. Because I rarely smoke at home (never around my kids) & don't smoke on the weekends. I guess reason being at work. Because its a very stressful job at times & I think social smoking is the very very hardest to quit.

Who says that we as non-smokers don't understand how hard to quit smoking?

Yes, we aware how hard it is to quit smoking like drugs, alocholic, eat disorder, etc.

It could be that someone withnessed how disrespectful smokers around like what ADers mentioned in their posts here etc.

Smelling money here for lawmakers. We have this election coming up this Novemeber. On this ballot, raise tax on cig again to improve hopsitals and help poor children. I will vote no cuz they always punish smokers but I have never seen them punish farmers who grow them nor punish tobacco industries to sell them to smokers. Lawmakers are looking for more money, so this is their way of take advantage of poor smokers who can not help it with their addict.

CHECK THIS............:eek3: :eek: :-o

PAINTED CEILING IN A SMOKING AREA

Attachments

• cigs.jpg
    cigs.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 19
Yeah, they have the right to poison their children in their cars with windows all rolled up while they light one up. It's not really giving the children an opportunity to get away from a smoker. It's more than just individual's right. The only reason why tobacco is still legal is because the government profit from it.

Smokers who are parents... I don't care what they have to tell me. I believe children's health and welfare are far more important than the parents' cravings for a cigarette. Period.
Amen to that.

My mom and dad did that. My mom even smoked when she was pregnant with my sister and me.

I don't smoke, and I'm glad I don't smoke. I encourage my smoking friends to quit (if they're good friends), and one of them actually made it, but I don't hate them for it. I am reluctant to date someone who smokes, though, because I literally choke on cigarette smoke, and I'm not sure I'd like to spend the rest of my life with that.

Heath, as informative as your diagrams and articles are, none of that is going to eradicate smoking because it is a habit rather than a choice. Once people make the choice to do it, most of them can't quit no matter how hard they try. All we can do is choose to avoid smokers in certain contexts. I don't want a smoking girlfriend, for example.

Hi, I came across this eye opening chart of a cigarette and what is in a cigarette. Pass this onto your family , friends and loved ones !!!!!
HEY I KNEW THAT VERY DANGEROUS OF SIGARETTE OR CIGARETTE...

Smoking is known to be harmful to those who smokes--(most smokers knows it or is aware of it)...smoking may be harmful to those that are around these smokers--(most smokers knows it or is aware of it, thus will attempt to be considerate by smoking where their smoke won't affect others--)...although, what I'm about to say may be *off-topic*; nonetheless another point or view on how some may broadcast or cry afoul over the rights of smokers--whereas there are many other things that surrounds us that are even greater or deathly risks; for instances, such power lines (those super towers power lines) that are built nearby residential areas; such pollutants emitting from factories, vehicles; home cleaning products containing certain elements of dangerous chemicals (some that even the consumers are unaware of); should I go on? The point here is not discussing the dangers or what proof of the dangers with some of the items I just mentioned--merely pointing out, most smokers are aware of the ramifications of smoking, most non-smokers are aware of the ramifications of being around a smoker--each have a 'right', and that 'right' can be respected from both sides to whereas there's a peaceable solution. Banning such isn't the answer, it may make it worse than it is now.

The efforts of many smokers in their attempts to quit should be well noted and given much encouragement so each smoker desiring to quit will valiantly continue to keep trying until it can be overcomed. In most cases, I'd believe a majority of the smokers are well aware of the dangers that goes with smoking--again, these smokers would tend to be turned off, be in total disgust when non-smokers may 'force' upon those smokers facts after facts after facts, over and over again the things related to smoking--heck, it just may push those smokers to light up even more....Instead, I'd think or so in my own opinion, we'd much rather 'see or hear' encouragements than to 'see or hear' such ill-fated affects from smoking--reaching out to a smoker may not be an easy thing to do, after all, a lot of smokers have been burning off cigarettes for years, a tough habit to break from--give these smokers a 'chance', enlighten us with encouragements instead of putting in our faces the facts that have been around for some time. Of course, there are smokers out there that have no desire to quit--let them be when it comes to either stating 'facts' or 'encouraging' them to give it up.

Don't smoke us off--keep the 'light' of encouragements our way.... :)

~RR

I smoked for 30 years. I did not think I ever could quit until I visited the Quitnet.com -
I made it 10 months without smoking.

Believe me - it works if you really give it a try.

Oh no no Liebling, I didn't mean just all non-smokers in general. I know theres plenty that understand & even ex-smokers the most. What I'm saying is, the ones that do nothing but complain about it whatever the issue might be, especially the government people. They waste their times making T.V. Commericals & protest &/or whatever. But if a smoker is disrespectful to a non-smoker that I can understand

The Government themselves think its a good idea to raise the Cigarette tax to help make it harder for minors to get cigarettes? I think that's BS because even minors get marijaunia easier then cigarettes. No the real reason the government raises the taxes on cigarettes is for more tax money for themselves because they can't make tax money off of marijunia &/or any keep of drugs off the streets.

Who says that we as non-smokers don't understand how hard to quit smoking?

Yes, we aware how hard it is to quit smoking like drugs, alocholic, eat disorder, etc.

It could be that someone withnessed how disrespectful smokers around like what ADers mentioned in their posts here etc.

I'm already aware of the dangers of smoking. Yet, I don't care. I'm not a chain smoker. ;)

Heath,

Care to show/tell me which one is the most danger to people's health ? I will make the list to give you some examples : dirty air or drinkin' bad water or gas from cars and all that. Is cigerette the most danger to people's health, just because they " smoke " it right to their mouth and inhale it ? Of course, that's their choice if, they want to smoke or not -- but, I want to know which one is the worse. I know about dirty air and all, but people can get " filter " ( ion cleaner ?? ) to clean out the dirty air in their houses or other way to take care of it.. and, also they can take their cars to the shop to reduce smog problem ( smog pump ?? ) and all that. People can use their common sense to reduce " pollutions " but, smokin' ? People " take " cigerette and " inhale " them down to their health to harm themselves. That's another story since they don't use common sense to avoid its danger to their health. Oh, yeah people will say " Well, we drink dirty water ". OR, just say " Well, look at dirty air we breathe in. " OR what ever ....but, they CAN use their common sense to change it.

There's no excuse when people take their cigerette and smoke while they complaint about their health problem. Gee - use common sense. I was ex - smoker myself and I realized what I have done to my health. It was the stupidest thing I ever did to myself while I looked at cigerette and WHAT it did to my health. Gee, why would I hold ciggie in my hand for ? :lol: It was sooo stupid ! But, I am glad that I quit in a few years ago. And, now I love the smell of me -- all fragrance and clean without ciggie's nasty smell on me. I feel whole alot better ! :thumb:

In spite of all gimmicks of warning dangers of smoking.. that will not stop us smokers.... we enjoy smoking while we are alive... there are no death schedules at all.. anyone would be killed by a car next day not from smoking..
anything can causes death.. not just only smoking...

In spite of all gimmicks of warning dangers of smoking.. that will not stop us smokers.... we enjoy smoking while we are alive... there are no death schedules at all.. anyone would be killed by a car next day not from smoking..
anything can causes death.. not just only smoking...

True, death can be anything but smoking cause many health problems. My mother who is on oxygen 24 hours a day now thanks to smoke for many years till she quitted about 20 years ago. She said she wished she never smoke in first place. Good luck with your smoke as it goes same for my husband, he does not believe me when I said smoke caused his bones decay and not going to argue with him but let him suffer with pain.

Back