For real.

SarahSiren

Reaction score
Hi, My name is Sarah.
I am not Deaf, Nor am I HOH.
I want to be more involved with the deaf in the Deaf community.
I am falling in love with ASL and as I am learning more and more about the language, the history and Culture of the D(d)eaf.
So far I see that there are jerks in the deaf world as in the hearing world and Deaf people who are very extreme with "Deaf Power" and the Prideful "Deaf Pride".
I am a student in college and just started to learn ASL back in spring of 2011.
****Wow....I am a moron.
I did not notice at the time that I had not completed my thought on what I have noticed so far in the deaf community. I would like to add that I have also noticed that other people in the Deaf community are much more nicer and helpful than many hearing people I know. Deaf people also come in a variety of personalities and come from several different types of educational backgrounds.
So far I made a fool of myself by not finishing my intro and coming across as a pretentious idiot. Sorry for the mishap.

Last edited:
Welcome.

(Written by one of those "jerks in the deaf world that are extreme with deaf power". Nice intro, by the way.)

:welcome: to AD!

A proud member of the jerks with Deaf pride.

Hi, My name is Sarah.
I am falling in love with ASL and as I am learning more and more about the language, the history and Culture of the D(d)eaf.
So far I see that there are jerks in the deaf world as in the hearing world and Deaf people who are very extreme with "Deaf Power" and the Prideful "Deaf Pride".

Hi there. I am very interested in the culture of the modern day collegian.
So far I understand that our hearing campuses nationwide are populated by jerks who are in Greek houses and are completely intolerant of any people who differ from themselves.
I know they are insular and extreme in their quest for perfection .

The one thing they excel in however, is tact and making friendly overtures.

I am an Deaf. (But not at all Prideful.)

Hi, My name is Sarah.

Interesting intro... Coming out slugging like that. :cool2:

And you'll find - some are helpful and some are jerks. Some of us a nice, others sarcastic (or both, ha!).

Just like real people you already know.

****Wow....I am a moron.
I did not notice at the time that I had not completed my thought on what I have noticed so far in the deaf community. I would like to add that I have also noticed that other people in the Deaf community are much more nicer and helpful than many hearing people I know. Deaf people also come in a variety of personalities and come from several different types of educational backgrounds.
So far I made a fool of myself by not finishing my intro and coming across as a pretentious idiot. Sorry for the mishap.

:lol: Well at least it will be memorable!

I was wondering why I was receiving mixed messages in the greetings of others. I re read what I had posted and saw that I did not complete my thoughts.

VERY true!

And sometimes here I like to think of it as trial by fire. We'll harass you, then see if you stick around. :)

Wrote the Texan whose Governor is a complete douche bag who probably thinks that prayer can fix anything.

Back