for ppl who ask themselves..."what is anime?"

I like anime. I adimt that I enjoy watch DragonZBall when Goku was young. It was sure so funny, but when getting old after become Super Sayion, thing goes crap and too impossible.

Who and what make me interest in anime? It's was VamPyroX who mention me about anime and I begin watch several shows whatever thing has good taste for me.

Thank VamPyroX, I can't do without you, it not, I wouldn't be true geek. tee-hee.

I got interested in Anime myself

of course, I started drawing stuff ever since i was 4 yrs old and then started watching some strange japanese animations on TV...i think it was on Nick Kids channel LONG time ago...and i've even seen "Vampire Hunter D" when I was small too...and i was so curious why there was a naked chick in that show too lol but i don't think anyone was around when i was watching TV lol as I grew older, I noticed that there were some fighting games using anime-style characters in it...like Street Fighter and Dark Stalkers by Capcom and SNK...and now ever since "Poke'mon" hit the TV series back in August 1998, when i was only 13 yrs old, in middle school, i realized how cool some Japanese Animations can be...ever since i was interested in Poke'mon, I wanted to watch others like "Dirty Pair", "Vampire Hunter D", "Outlaw Star", "Gundam W" and so on...i was getting so interested in Anime because they include so much cool stuff on them...cool, mature characters with such detailed fashion, detailed envirnoments, faster and smooth animation with lots of colors and background...the Japanese sure take things REAL serious in Japanese Animation...it's like showing a play, you know? You express your heart and feelings with using your own animation, no matter what it includes, it is still part of entertainment.

So to be honest, i just find that tons of Japanese Animation are better than American animations...because they are more entertaining, more thrilling, fun, and exciting...you know?

perhas if you rent "spirited away" that's one example of the animes i'm talking about...

Anime is simply a style of art, which originated in Japan.

It all depends on your taste, however. I personally, do not consider DragonBallZ to be anime, nor much of the kiddie-ized television shows which claim to be anime.

I suppose anime is Japanese animation, but there are some animation out there that are not made by the Japanese so it's an odd distinction alright. But I believe those are called cartoons anyway, so anything with a Japanese distinction to it are called anime, such as Dragonball Z, Sailor Moon and so on.

um, i kinda lost track of what is asked for in this thread so anyway... my fave animes are fushigi yuugi, card captor sakura, slam dunk, oh my goddess!, rurouni kenshin, vandread and a whole lot more.

been wanting to see vampire hunter d and cowboy bebop but i just can't find the DVDs in the stores.

spirited away is a masterpiece! it's from the same studio that created princess mononoke, isn't it?

Originally posted by sputnik
um, i kinda lost track of what is asked for in this thread so anyway... my fave animes are fushigi yuugi, card captor sakura, slam dunk, oh my goddess!, rurouni kenshin, vandread and a whole lot more.

been wanting to see vampire hunter d and cowboy bebop but i just can't find the DVDs in the stores.

spirited away is a masterpiece! it's from the same studio that created princess mononoke, isn't it?
If you can't find Vampire Hunter D and Cowboy Bebop anywhere, then why not order 'em online? you could most likely find 'em at www.animenation.com the acclaimed best source for anime VHS, DVD, posters, t-shirts, hats, and many more

Back