For Hearing to answer only: I am deaf and want to know why

Maybe you need to be exposed to a little more than one "deaf couple" sighting at the mall. Behavior such as this post refers to happens on a continual basis, and as an ASL major, it is definately something that you need to be aware of. The deaf posters are relating their personal experiences that have occurred over a long strech. Trust me, there is more than just one dumbass out there.

i am a huge part of my deaf community. i have been exposed to many deaf people including my boyfried( who is deaf) and i was using the deaf couple i saw as an example, of whyi wanted to become an inter and get to know the culture.

My ex boyfriend left me because I was not deaf, he said I didnot understand the deaf world, he is now with a deaf girl. I resent him not wanting to be with me because Im not deaf. People should never make fun of other people. But I think they do it out of fear, because they dont understand. Anything different scares people. Can you explain to me why my ex didnt want to be with me because Im not deaf? I sign, but I dont understand his feelings. To me hes no different than me except that I hear and he doesnt.
There's probably many reasons why he dumped you. He may used "Because you're deaf" as excuse to break up. Or maybe, he's little insecure about his deafness....

I don't know, it's pretty stupid excuse actually. IMO, I'd rather have a hearing girlfriend. (Not like I wouldn't go out with deaf, but it would be helpful if they can hear, you know? such like answering to the phone, etc)

Back