For addicted Google's users!...well others is welcome. ;)

deafhalo

Reaction score
Anyone who is addicted to Google should try this new gOS based on Ubuntu with tons of Google's applications!

gOS - Official

gOS - Wiki

Have fun!

Nnnice!! Its great to see gOS under Linux. I would try that on one of old system which have enuf to run. I have 800 mhz system just enuf memory to run Ubuntu Hardy.

Thanks for those Info!!

Catty

Nnnice!! Its great to see gOS under Linux. I would try that on one of old system which have enuf to run. I have 800 mhz system just enuf memory to run Ubuntu Hardy.

Thanks for those Info!!

Catty

You're welcome. ;) Good luck!

I changed my mind and installed into my newly built AMD64 system. Even with old PCI Nvidia Geforce2 MX400 card, It ran fine but cannot do Compiz because of the card's old. I planned to buy PCI-Express card to take care of it. It seem gOS works great just like Ubuntu Hardy. I can install and manage program just like Ubuntu. Mint Linux can't do well due to bugs, It's base on Ubuntu's core too. I'm impress with gOS and it's flexibilty so I can choose either install gOS or straight Hardy. I like Wbar conf on taskbar. Very much like Apple OS's

I can guarantee once I get PCI-Express card, I can load up Compiz to the max. My sons are complaining about 800mhz system that kicks out some games when they started to play. I think 800mhz system couldn't take graphic well. It have old ATI 9000 Pro AGP with 128mb memory. I've used same card on faster system in the past before it went down. It ran Compiz great but not fully featured such as water effect and couple of effects. I assume that old 800mhz's hardware isn't up to strain of Linux games. It can do very well with normal online games.

When I went online to gOS's homepage. I saw cute green domed "android" with antennaes sticking out. I learn that the creator just built his cute CPU case. I can tell he's using ITX board (12mmX12mm) and didn't have CDrom drive. He took lot of pix interesting (here's the link gOS - Discover a Good OS ). I realized that gOS is also a "Android" OS for new PDA phone.

I wish to congrats Google for their effort to fully support Linux!!!

Catty

Back