Foot found in baby's brain

I read about that earlier today.

Looks like one of those rare cases of Siamese twins.

It does happen.

W...T...F?

Definetly SO weird and awkard. :wtf:

At least I'm glad to hear that the baby is fine after that.

I read about that in the newspaper this morning. I wonder what made them do a scan on a 3-day-old baby? it didn't say, and I wonder how they knew something was wrong. I also wonder if the baby is going to have problems later because its brain's development must have been hindered by the...um...Thing.

Scary! Glad they caught it early instead of later.

Indeed weird but more common than most think.

Almost the same as conjoined twins. The differences is one is internal and doesn't survive.

thanks to Discovery Channel and Discovery Health, not forgetting TLC, I learn a lot more than I really wanted to know!

I read about that in the newspaper this morning. I wonder what made them do a scan on a 3-day-old baby? it didn't say, and I wonder how they knew something was wrong. I also wonder if the baby is going to have problems later because its brain's development must have been hindered by the...um...Thing.

They do ultrasounds on mother's belly every month and every other week at the end of the 3rd trimester. They obviously saw something in the baby's brain so that's how it was discovered.

Glad the baby is okay. :aw:

They do ultrasounds on mother's belly every month and every other week at the end of the 3rd trimester. They obviously saw something in the baby's brain so that's how it was discovered.

Yes, they saw fluid on the ultrasound.

Thanks! I didn't know that, and I really wanted to know!

Weird! I would expect that the infant had excruciating headaches from the growth inside his brain.

Back