Foods that make you fat

Ziusudra

Reaction score
There's plenty of foods that make you fat as you probably already know. But there are 3 main types - corn, potato and white flour. Corn and potato are starchy foods and you will put on weight immediately although you might not realise it. White flour includes white rice, white bread, white pasta and all that. If you cut them out of your diet, your weight will decrease and you'll be a LOT healthier for it too, as your body won't be clogged up with "glue" - that'll be from the white flour. Seriously, it turns into glue when you eat it.

Alternatives are to eat wholemeal (brown) rice, pasta, flour or try soy pasta, rice and stuff. Also, a LOT of foods have white flour in it and you may not realise this. This doesn't mean you can eat other foods freely though if you want to lose weight and get healthy. If a certain type of food is low in carbohydrates, it is most likely high in sugar and still bad for you. Always check the percentages on the labels.

I know this diet works because I tried it, and several friends tried it as well. They all lost weight with a little exercise thrown in as well and it's so easy. It's hard to change eating habits I know, but if you start now, it'll be better for you in the long run.

And a bar of chocolate, cake and peanut too!

Eat lots of rabbit foods will help as it don't add up calories much!

Ziusudra,

Very good choice to recommend, also, I don't know if this will work in Aussie since aussie and USA has few different foods methods..
So here in USA they recommend Grains in part of Mypyramid, I was so glad they included that instead of 5 a day with fruits, veggies, dairy something else Now they include GRAIN, Meat&Beans by tell us how much of them to use...

In Meat and Beans section it said Choose low fat or lean meats and poultry bake it, broil it, or grill it. Vary your protein routine- Choose more fish, beans, peas, nuts and seeds.. Eat 5 1/2 oz every day that's for 2,000 calories.. That's what Goverment at USDA recommend..

I like to know what Aussie provide these kind ?

Tamar, Rabbit meats Hmm very interesting that they don't have much of calories.. Hmm I got to learn more of aussie foods too :) and Other countries as well :)

http://mypyramid.gov/

Wendy

Tamar, Rabbit meats Hmm very interesting that they don't have much of calories.. Hmm I got to learn more of aussie foods too and Other countries as well

Sorry for confusing you, I mean salad, the rabbits like to eat - lettuce, cucumber, carrots not rabbit meat LOL

That is kind of interesting, Hmm maybe I can try to do this to see if it would work for me. Some different kind of diets don't work for me, some other kind of diets does work for me. Just up and down for me.

Too much salt does make you fat, and shoot up blood pressure. How can salt make you fat? Simple as what my doctor told me. It holds water very well, meaning if you have 2 much salt in your body, it would hold it longer than necessary until your F A T... Sheesh, its struggling for me to lose these extra pounds.

I highly recommend you have at least one serving of grains each day. But I recommend WHOLEMEAL grains. If you choose multi-grain wholemeal bread, that is best. Pasta once or twice a week is okay as well, and rice too. Rice isn't as bad as pasta, but if you get pasta that's made from rice, that's a little better.

Wholemeal grains just means that it isn't processed like white flour, which has had all its nutrients and vitamins taken out and ruins the healthy quality of grains. A serving of something high in protein each day is good, like a bean salad made out of beans and a vinegar dressing with some crushed pine nuts makes for a very healthy salad. Definitely eat more salads, they're the best thing for you but be very cautious with dressings. I recommend a dressing called Balsamic dressing. I've found avocado to be a natural dressing and it's probably best not to use a dressing at all.

Foods high in salt do increase your blood pressure and make you gain a little weight that's true. So cut back on the salt in your diet as well. There's something else that most people should do but don't. They should eat more frequently and have smaller meals. That way your body burns off whatever you've just eaten quicker and faster. Eat a small meal every 3-4 hours, and do a little exercise to work it off.

I personally do not believe that any one food or any group of foods will make a person fat. It is not the type of food that causes a person to gain weight, but too many calories. If a person eats a variety of foods and exercises moderately, they will keep their weight in check. There are exceptions to this, though. Hypothyroidism will cause a person to gain weight easiely, so if you begin to gain weight inexplicably, see your doctor.

Oceanbreeze said:
I personally do not believe that any one food or any group of foods will make a person fat. It is not the type of food that causes a person to gain weight, but too many calories. If a person eats a variety of foods and exercises moderately, they will keep their weight in check. There are exceptions to this, though. Hypothyroidism will cause a person to gain weight easiely, so if you begin to gain weight inexplicably, see your doctor.

Agreed, it's really the matter of how much you eat. I've been on a diet since the beginning of March and I've lost over 30 pounds so far. What is my diet like?

Simply... 3 meals with a snack per day. So far, it's working great for me.

Yet I've eaten meals with potatoes, corn and several other "fatty" foods in some meals. Especially suppers. Actually, I don't eat a lot of potatoes or corn just in case you were wondering. So please don't worry. :)

Plus... exercise! It's very important to exercise.

I don't quite agree. There's a lot of foods that WILL make you fat no matter what, and some foods that won't. For example, I have a chocolate soy protein drink every day, and that's one type of food that won't make you fat as it has no fat or sugar in it. All food will make you fat if you don't work it off of course.

Potato and corn are considered starchy foods and starchy foods are extremely high in carbohydrates and that makes you gain weight. Which is why I recommend exercising a little after each meal, so your body burns off the food you eat. You might be able to keep your weight in check with a low calorie diet, but if you want to lose weight, it's best to avoid certain types of food.

Ziusudra said:
I don't quite agree. There's a lot of foods that WILL make you fat no matter what, and some foods that won't.

Most foods make people fat as long no exercise are involved. It's all a hype, nothing more. People need to realize that overeating and not exercising is the #1 reason why more than half of Americans are F-A-T. Not to mention that if one has a diet with nothing but fat-free foods, one can expect a lot of anal leakage. Also eating too much bad fat can be a problem especially when it come to meat and dairy products. But there are some good fat, though taking in too much fat isn't a good thing.

For example, I have a chocolate soy protein drink every day, and that's one type of food that won't make you fat as it has no fat or sugar in it. All food will make you fat if you don't work it off of course.

potato and corn are considered starchy foods and starchy foods are extremely high in carbohydrates and that makes you gain weight. Which is why I recommend exercising a little after each meal, so your body burns off the food you eat. You might be able to keep your weight in check with a low calorie diet, but if you want to lose weight, it's best to avoid certain types of food.

Like I said simply eating 3 meals and a snack along with some exercises is how one can stay healthy rather than worrying if a half of a carrot is too much for a meal. I do agree with you about potatoes and corn, I don't really eat them that much anyway. Only a couple times per month at the most and I don't even eat them as much as the average joe would in a meal. I meant, I've seen some people having mashed potatoes the size of a beach ball!

Though I do think some people put a tad too much on their plates for a meal. The only good excuses to have a feast are Thanksgivings, Christmas, Easter, Weddings and certain occasions, other than that... why bother?

Thanksgivings to Christmas.... people tend to gain weight during that time period.

Ziusudra said:
I highly recommend you have at least one serving of grains each day. But I recommend WHOLEMEAL grains. If you choose multi-grain wholemeal bread, that is best. Pasta once or twice a week is okay as well, and rice too. Rice isn't as bad as pasta, but if you get pasta that's made from rice, that's a little better.

Wholemeal grains just means that it isn't processed like white flour, which has had all its nutrients and vitamins taken out and ruins the healthy quality of grains. A serving of something high in protein each day is good, like a bean salad made out of beans and a vinegar dressing with some crushed pine nuts makes for a very healthy salad. Definitely eat more salads, they're the best thing for you but be very cautious with dressings. I recommend a dressing called Balsamic dressing. I've found avocado to be a natural dressing and it's probably best not to use a dressing at all.

Foods high in salt do increase your blood pressure and make you gain a little weight that's true. So cut back on the salt in your diet as well. There's something else that most people should do but don't. They should eat more frequently and have smaller meals. That way your body burns off whatever you've just eaten quicker and faster. Eat a small meal every 3-4 hours, and do a little exercise to work it off.

True, that's what we learn from Spa clinic...

My hubby just came home from 4 week Rehab Clinic last Saturday and told me about healthy issue exactly what you mentioned here. I know because I myself went to Spa clinic at 6 years ago... We learned how to eat right foods...

Yes, we should not add the salt into boil water when we want to boil potatoes, noodles and rices... because we have to add salt again after finish cook which it's too much. That's why we don't add salt into boil water but ready meals. We used iodine salt.

AND of course execise and drink alot of sugar free liquids, too....

Back