Food Cheaper Thread

yagazn

Reaction score
What food cheaper u find, get or saw at?

Lentils
Beans
and what else? Ramen noodle cup cheap 29 cents. Oh my gawk!.

Yea, dumb question :lol:

Last edited:
Most of the store brand names are cheapest, just like Shel90 said.

I've seen stores that sell damaged merchandise. Say cans that have been slightly dented and such at a fraction of what it would cost at the grocery store.

We tend to go to the local Asian or Mexican food stores to get our groceries. Sometimes their deals are so hard to beat compared to big-chain box store retailers. We eat a lot of fresh veggies and fruits rather than buying canned from stores. We avoid frozen food and packaged food like highly processed food. It's amazing how cooking from stratch can save some money if you know how to. And the added bonus is that you dont have to worry about the preservatives and salt. A lot of packaged food have a lot of salt and preservatives.

Banquet brand frozen tv dinners are cheaper, sell for 88 cents at wal fart.

Farmers markets are good. Mostly just during the spring,summer and fall. But some farmer markets also have fish and discount grocery stores. Depends on where you live. Google farmer markets for your area. Most metro areas have something.
Asian stores I know have variety but their prices are higher.I just go to asian stores for stuff you won't find in your local grocers.
Walmart almost always has the best prices. They will be so low they will force any nearby large grocer to close.

In north Texas we used to shop at salvage stores. Food in cans and bottles saved from closed stores, wrecks, and fires. Mac/cheese 6 for 1.00. Cans .10 cents each. Paper goods and tools were there too. Boxes of cereal for .50 cents. I also look for clearance food at Target, HEB, and the dollar stores. We get canned tomatoes for 65 cents or less like that. Maybe it isnt fresh or organic but is is good and filling while cheap. Good luck.

In Missouri, I shopped at Aldi's. Can goods were mostly 39 cents each. Frozen foods are inexpensive. I could do a week's worth of shopping for this family of 5 with plenty of fresh produce and fresh bread and meat and such, for $60-$90. We would supplement at Sam's Club and get our milk, OJ and bananas there.

I went to the farmers market and saw a quite load of good deals. They also accept food stamps which i also discovered about yesterday.

Back