fm system

deafJar

Reaction score
I asked about a fm system and was told that i don't need one. When i am at church or at other things i go to. I can't understand what people say , things get mixed up what people say. It is like speech is no clear for me, i strain to understand what people say, even with a hearing aid i notice that it will not help me hear 100%. I know i will never be able to hear like people that are hearing. But that is okay. I ask for things to be higher volume but still that will not help much. I will always struggle with understanding people. I think of us all that have deafness. That we have a accent to others. I think that is so cool that we have our own accent. i am learning more asl. I am so interesting in sign language. It will help me with communicating. It gets frustrating at times, i can't get them words out of my mouth.

deafJar said:
I asked about a fm system and was told that i don't need one. When i am at church or at other things i go to. I can't understand what people say , things get mixed up what people say. It is like speech is no clear for me, i strain to understand what people say, even with a hearing aid i notice that it will not help me hear 100%. I know i will never be able to hear like people that are hearing. But that is okay. I ask for things to be higher volume but still that will not help much. I will always struggle with understanding people. I think of us all that have deafness. That we have a accent to others. I think that is so cool that we have our own accent. i am learning more asl. I am so interesting in sign language. It will help me with communicating. It gets frustrating at times, i can't get them words out of my mouth.
I've never used FM systems.. it's one of topics I want to get information about..I'll be expecting replies of experienced members as well..

deafJar said:

I wear ha's ..
When I'm in a classroom or in a chruch.. anything in public! I can't understand a word anyone is saying, even though i'm a lip-reader.. (depends on the person) it really does get frustrating at times. but at the same time before i go to chruch or class.. i make sure the day before i attend class or chruch that i ask someone to write it all down on paper so i can catch up with everyone, and to be honest with you it does kinda help. Even with the higher volume it doesn't work at all and I might as well forget the volume being up higher. I've tried the audio trainer at school and it really really did get frustrating. So it wasn't worthed it so I gave it back to my speech therpy. Right now I'm proud for what I have even though I can't hear simple stuff but I do hear the loud things. My hearing aids are basically for me to be aware what goes around me.. ex. car honking horn.. etc. So I'm hoping that the CI will work better. But I feel what your saying... Keep your head up!

God Bless you :fruit:

Back