Flying

aweet_princess198925

Reaction score
So I just had my implant done on August 5th. I have a trip that is set for August 21st. I fly to Atlanta from Indiana once a month. I have bad pain when ever it's time to land and I'm worried now that it will be a lot worse. But since I always have that pain in only thinking about now is it even too early for me to be flying. Even if the trip is only 1 hour and 30 mins.

My doctor said its fine. But since he doesn't have a CI so he wouldn't be able to tell me how it will feel. I'm just worried about how it would feel.

If the surgeon says it's fine, it's probably fine. You probably won't feel anything.

I've only flown once since my surgery, well I guess that's twice really flight there, flight back. I did have pain in my ear real quick, one stab, on the decent in Boston, but nothing on the decent coming back to Texas.

BUT, it had nothing to do with my CI. Even before my surgery my ears would act up on a plane. That's due to my otosclerosis which mean my ears don't adjust well to pressure changes. The CI doesn't change that, actually it's a lot less bothersome now that I don't have a hearing old mold in there.

If the surgeon says it's fine, it's probably fine. You probably won't feel anything.

I've only flown once since my surgery, well I guess that's twice really flight there, flight back. I did have pain in my ear real quick, one stab, on the decent in Boston, but nothing on the decent coming back to Texas.

BUT, it had nothing to do with my CI. Even before my surgery my ears would act up on a plane. That's due to my otosclerosis which mean my ears don't adjust well to pressure changes. The CI doesn't change that, actually it's a lot less bothersome now that I don't have a hearing old mold in there.

I have that same problem with landing. It's more than one stab of pain it's this crazy aching until we land.

sometimes I feel a little pressure in the ears due to the changes in altitudes, but no big. Much better with CIs.. with a hearing aid with the earmold, that hurt like hell haha.

I just recently flew. No problems at all but it has been almost a year since my surgery. Also, I never had problems with my ears whenever I fly. The implant didnt change anything. Whew! good luck with flying!

Two months after surgury, I did feel a slight pain then dull for a few minutes soon after taking off, but never descending. When I flew thereafter, I don't feel it anymore since that one time. Guess I was still healing at that point.

Back