Florida's Gay Adoption ban upheld

Oceanbreeze said:
:werd: I made this thread, because, I was apalled at the decision that was rendered, and wanted to get thoughts on the subject. I DID NOT make this thread just so some could add to the abundance of homophobic statements that we are all exposed to in our daily lives.

Magastu, I'm not referring to you. I just saw your thread, and agreed. And, wanted to sound off alittle.

*sigh* Now, please lets all get back to the topic at hand, and leave MJ, pedophilia, and any sexists remarks out of this, please. I don't want to see this thread closed, because, this topic is too important.

:ty:

Amen ..Im guilty as charged for going off on topic to defend some issues. I just pray that Raven wont enter this and say it is Gods will. *sigh*

Oceanbreeze said:
:werd: I made this thread, because, I was apalled at the decision that was rendered, and wanted to get thoughts on the subject. I DID NOT make this thread just so some could add to the abundance of homophobic statements that we are all exposed to in our daily lives.

Magastu, I'm not referring to you. I just saw your thread, and agreed. And, wanted to sound off alittle.

*sigh* Now, please lets all get back to the topic at hand, and leave MJ, pedophilia, and any sexists remarks out of this, please. I don't want to see this thread closed, because, this topic is too important.

:ty:
Sorry about it. I cannot afford to ignore that specific post and I want to defend for 'good' men but I will try to not be offtopic in this topic from now.

Magatsu said:
Sorry about it. I cannot afford to ignore that specific post and I want to defend for 'good' men but I will try to not be offtopic in this topic from now.

Oh, I didn't mean you! *sigh* You did fine. I was referring to TTTs post about Michael Jackson, sexism and whatever else she said. It was HER that pulled this danged thread so :topic:

Meg said:
Amen ..Im guilty as charged for going off on topic to defend some issues. I just pray that Raven wont enter this and say it is Gods will. *sigh*

:lol: Well all do it, Meg. I've done it, myself.

What a nightmare, eh? :lol:

My cousin Sharon

She improve life for kids in Los Angeles County's foster care system.
She own care homes and is one of the top foster family agencies.

At Care Homes, children are placed in quality, loving homes and receive
therapeutic services early in their stay.

She took in 120 children. She has 34 full time social workers.
State pays for children while in foster care, there is financial
incentive to keep them there.

She avoid the too common forster care nightmare of a child bouncing
between foster families, emancipating at age 18 without a family to call his own, and ending up homeless or in jail. Sharon provides a complete, individualized program for each child they place.

This includes on site tutoring, babysitting, mental health services and a therapeutic learning center.

Oceanbreeze, ah I misread. My bad.

TTT, what are you trying to say? I am sorry but I failed to see your point with that recent comment. I don't want to pick on you but I don't see any your reference in your latest post to this topic and its issue.

Mod Note:

Oceanbreeze made a good thread and please let's stick to topic for which it covers on....

Thank you!

My point is...

Children do not need parents to adopt them.

You don't see any homeless children walking around begging in the street, do you?

No... cause Social Workers and cops and other agencies, and someone like my cousin Sharon have a place where to put children.

It is not like Children are in desperate need a home badly.
It isn't like South Asia,,, government there are like, "where can we
put these children???"

And I think it is unfair to children who dream of having a father and a mother... but if you give them 2 gay fathers... then
that would ruined their dream.

TTT said:
Children do not need parents to adopt them.
Again, it is insane for you to say that. I will repeat myself with a advice once again... Go...out and buy the child(ren) development books. Right. Now.

TTT said:
You don't see any homeless children walking around begging in the street, do you?

No... cause Social Workers and cops and other agencies, and someone like my cousin Sharon have a place where to put children.
Umm.. You definitely need to go any poor area in downtowns or big cities. There are children who still walking around and begging in the street.

TTT said:
And I think it is unfair to children who dream of having a father and a mother... but if you give them 2 gay fathers... then
that would ruined their dream.
Let me correct that: 'And I think it is unfair to childen who dream of having a emotionally-intelligent parents/or partners... but if you give them 2 unemotionally-intelligent parents/or partners... then that would ruined their dream and their bodies & mentality'.

okay, now... I want you to be aware of one thing... Mothers & fathers harmed and murdered their children, I would say fifteen - twenty times more than homosexual partners did to their chidren (either way, birth or adopted).

So what is your point exactly?

Last edited:
I don't like that idea about banning Gay couples from adopting children. The same time I am also wondering if a single mother who has a child from her ex becomes lesbian, Will Florida take that child away from her? I hope not.

It isn't so bad having gay couples adopting children, I am sure they would give their children the best care as possible. How would Florida know what best for a child? Have they tried letting Gay couple adopting children and see how they raise the child?

I really do not like the facts that People who has so much control can take your rights away from living in a dream of having children and get the same share of love that everyone has. I feel sorry for the gay couples, because they can never get that chance at happiness with having children. :(

between foster families, emancipating at age 18 without a family to call his own, and ending up homeless or in jail. Sharon provides a complete, individualized program for each child they place.
I gotta say, I think kids should be adopted......AND I think that care homes and orphanages should be an option too!
TTT, my uncles are adopting a little boy. Now had they not been allowed to adopt Christian would be living in poverty with a drug addicted mother who cannot care for him at all!

Magatsu said:
It is insane for you to say that. Some dads took care of their children two or three times better than some women. I am not gay but I would take care of my children much better than some men or even women. I believe you read several news about mothers who harm or murdered their children. Is it because of their maternity instinct?

Not all of men are bad... not all of women are bad... Like what Meg said, I wish that you have to stop lumping bad and good men/or women into one group.

Believe it or not, men does have maternity instinct. Buy some books that related to child(ren) development and read.

Yes, Look at bbnt He is a good Single Dad of three girls !! I have known some single Dad who are wonderful father to the children. Their ex wives are bitch and asshole. Ran another men for sex and self center. Some mothers did not think of the children.

We can't blame either Mother or Father being single. Their marriage did not work and try to be a good term for their children's sake. It has nothing to do with Michael Jackson's issue in this topic.

I know, two couple of gay Fathers are processing to adopt a child. They are waiting for their friend (woman) who is pregnancy from either of one man's sperm. They are looking forward a baby born in spring time.

...let us focus on the main idea of this thread.

:fingersx:

I personally think it's horrible. I know quite a few men who are wonderful fathers. Granted, the men I do know are straight, but sexual preference should NOT have any bearing on a man's ability to love, nurture and raise a child.

Last edited by a moderator:
Didnt Road Runner say that we all stick to topic here? There is no need to insert homophobia opinions here. Im not going to respond again and go off topic but stick to the thread. Please do the same, TTT.

Last edited by a moderator:
TTT said:
YOU GUYS are abusing me... yall keep locking up my thread....
I wouldn't want you guys to adopt kids, when you guys have no
compassion for me.

Won't even say goodbye to me in my BYE thread... without being rude.
:type:

TTT -

We HAVE had compassion for you. That's when you decided that it wasn't enough and then you proceeded in taking advantage of people's kindness. Whenever we give you advice and kindness, it just seems to send you onto another tirade. Look - you probably don't like me at all, and quite frankly, I don't give a shit. I am being blunt with you because we have TRIED sugar-coating things for you and it obviously does NOT work.

I have three kids. My kids have a mother and a father. However, like you said, there are children out there who ARE less fortunate and are orphans. It does NOT MATTER whether they are adopted by a heterosexual couple, or by two women or by two men or by a pack of wolves. Granted, the last one is the least likely to happen, but the point is this - as long as the child(ren) have a roof over their heads, clothes on their backs, food on the table, and people who love them, what the fuck is the big deal? I mean, really! Society is so fucked up these days...people are too focused on the "politically correct" way of doing things.

The problem is, we all have different opinions of what politically correct IS.

TTT said:
She improve life for kids in Los Angeles County's foster care system.
She own care homes and is one of the top foster family agencies.

At Care Homes, children are placed in quality, loving homes and receive
therapeutic services early in their stay.

She took in 120 children. She has 34 full time social workers.
State pays for children while in foster care, there is financial
incentive to keep them there.

This includes on site tutoring, babysitting, mental health services and a therapeutic learning center.

That's all well and good, TTT. I applaud your cousin for providing quality foster care for children. However, foster care was meant to be temporary. What is really needed is, good permanent homes for these children. Most people are quite aware from the news we watch every night of the children who go through a "revolving door" once they hit the foster care system. Children are never placed in any one home for any real length of time. They are moved from place to place due to insufficient space. Also, getting kids adopted can sometimes be difficult. Many times, the kids are older or have been abused and neglected. It's very difficult to find families willing to take on a kid with so many issues.

This is why this ban infuriates me so much. Here you have people willing to provide permanent loving homes for these kids, and the state says they can't simply because they are gay. I'm sorry, but I have a real big problem with that!

TTT - You have a knack for pulling threads off-topic - please STAY on the topic for once. We have showed sympathy to you, and you threw it back into our faces. Then you said goodbye and you're still around. What gives?

Now - back to topic...

I am appalled about this - and am wondering how far along the Lambda Law is getting along on this...if I remember, this ban has been in effect for a while and was just made public.

I do know that we do have several gay friends in the StL area with children, and those children are so well adjusted - some even have bfs/gfs with the opposite sex, which puts to shame the belief that gay parents will beget gay children.

I do hope those in Florida will wake up and smell the landfill...for they will be the poorer of all - children without the love of parents, no matter what sex they are, will never know a happy childhood.

Cheri said:
I don't like that idea about banning Gay couples from adopting children. The same time I am also wondering if a single mother who has a child from her ex becomes lesbian, Will Florida take that child away from her? I hope not.

It isn't so bad having gay couples adopting children, I am sure they would give their children the best care as possible. How would Florida know what best for a child? Have they tried letting Gay couple adopting children and see how they raise the child?

I really do not like the facts that People who has so much control can take your rights away from living in a dream of having children and get the same share of love that everyone has. I feel sorry for the gay couples, because they can never get that chance at happiness with having children. :(
:werd:

I know Cheri. As for what you stated above. I wondered that, myself. I'm sure you are familiar with Rosie O'Donnell. She has four beautiful children; three of which are adopted. What's interesting to note here about her is, she maintains dual residency. She has a home in New York, and she has a home in Miami. When she adopted the first three kids, she did so in New York, and the adoptions are valid. Since then, she took in a foster child here in FL, and she was planning on adopting that child. However, FL doesn't allow gay adoptions to take place, so she had to relinquish the child. The child has since been adopted by another family.

She also has a fourth child now with her partner, whom they conceived via in vitro fertilization. What's interesting to note about this child is, since Rosie is NOT linked to the child biologically, she had to adopt that child as well.

Last edited:
as usual going off topic :roll: at TTT

Ocean -- i so totally agree with u when u said this:

This is why this ban infuriates me so much. Here you have people willing to provide permanent loving homes for these kids, and the state says they can't simply because they are gay. I'm sorry, but I have a real big problem with that!

it DOES also infuriate me -- they obviously hasnt done any true research on their own with regards to gay parents nor talked to the gay couples who wants to foster and adopt children

Back