flea problem, need help

Gee it even inherited my cute little horns!

No I took the cat from my neighbors, her name is max, i noticed that the cat was getting very very skinny, it was losing fur, and noticed what seemed to be burn marks on its tail. I called our local animal police and told them i thought something was wrong, the owners ended up giving the cat up rather than trying to feed it and take it to the vet so i offered to take her.

So she came with fleas, a skin condition, and whiskers that had been burnt off by the neighbors kids. So, nope, i didnt give that cat fleas or any of its other problems but i did take it to the vet and ended up paying a little over 400 dollars to take care of its skin problems and heartworms.

real cute though.

Wow. That's a lot of money! I hate that when a vet charges you too much money for a small thing. Damn it.

Wow. That's a lot of money! I hate that when a vet charges you too much money for a small thing. Damn it.

Me too, i was even more upset because i had rescued this cat from my crazy neighbors and then ended up paying that much money. It ended up being a single pill, that she needed for her skin and they charged me an absurd amount.

Oh well at least shes doing well now shes a polydactyl siamese cat, and couldnt be cuter.

Me too, i was even more upset because i had rescued this cat from my crazy neighbors and then ended up paying that much money. It ended up being a single pill, that she needed for her skin and they charged me an absurd amount.

Oh well at least shes doing well now shes a polydactyl siamese cat, and couldnt be cuter.
That's expensive but it sounds like your kitty is worth it. She can't "say" thank you but I'm sure she shows her appreciation to you in a loving way.

Siamese cats are my favorites; they are full of personality. :P

That's expensive but it sounds like your kitty is worth it. She can't "say" thank you but I'm sure she shows her appreciation to you in a loving way.

Siamese cats are my favorites; they are full of personality. :P

It was expensive but i couldnt turn her down after seeing the kids torture her, i would see them playing rough with her which is when i called the police and then i noticed the cat walking around in my yard with its whiskers burnt off and it had clumps of fur missing. I felt horrible for the poor thing. But shes great now, always playful and isnt nearly as skiddish as i thought she would be after putting up with all of that abuse she went through.

But, some things should not be done at home! :ugh3:

It makes no difference either go to Vet to get medical for fleas or do myself to take care of fleas because the fleas always come back sometimes... The medicial never help to stay fleas away from the pet forever... It costs a lot of money to keep on to go vet to get medication to rid of fleas...

I never go to vet to get medicials for cats for over 20 years but shot. - I didn´t get my 20 years old cat to shot for over 13 years now. My over 20 years old cat is fit and healthy...

I take care of my cats myself until they are fit and healthy with no medical costs from the vet because I keep on use fleas comb to take care of my cats. No fleas there... few months later few fleas there... they get fleas on and off... Fleas/ticks will come more and more if I doesn´t bother to use fleas comb to take care of cats. Kim have a lot of fleas when I found her in forest at 2 years ago. I do everything to take care of her... I bought cat´s flea/tick-collar for her - she wore for one year until no more fleas comes...

Yes, the pets always have fleas & ticks no matter either the medical from vet helps or not... but less fleas is better than many fleas. It will be okay when you keep on take care of your pets by your own.

I explained in MsGilz´s thread.
http://www.alldeaf.com/our-pets/32106-vaccinations-needed-not.html

It hurt me after read your post, Your Mom... It´s very sad but you are good heart person.

Ok I have absolutely no money due to the fact that I just moved to new apartment. During the move my cats somehow has gotten fleas. It could be from couches that has been held in a garage for couple days or they could gotten it in very short time when they were outside. It doesn't matter. What matters is poor cats are itching like crazy and I have used flea shampoo but can't afford to get proper tools to help get rid of fleas. I stayed for hours and hours looking for fleas and picking them out by hand which is pretty tricky especially when cats didn't like it. Worse yet one of my cat is completely black and only way to find fleas is when he's wet. *sigh* Is there anything I can do to help cats? I feel so bad watching the cats itch themselves. Is there any home remedy I can use? Remember I can't go buy anything till I get sept SSI and sept is long time away.

Can u guys help me out here?
Hi

I may help you ... I was worked Prof. grooming for 21 yrs! Anyway
Best to do vacuum twice or more day and clean Vacuum filter at outside...
Also Make sure good vacuum/Wash at dark area - under sofa, corner, bed etc..
Clean your apartment deeply.. mop the floor, clean rooms more often..
You know that cats can groom as many as 75% of the fleas off their body in one day. Sometimes you can see flea dirt, which looks like small curled black specks. This flea dirt is actually flea waste material and is composed primarily of dried blood. When pets are washed they can actually have so much "flea dirt" on them that it may seem as if the pet is bleeding due to the dissolving dried blood.

Hope it help you with out spend $$ on fleas supplies :)

Peace
Phillips

first of all keep in contact with me will ya? and second of all i dunno about cat and fleas did ya try dunking themi n water ? fleas doesnt exactly live in water or just fart on the cats hopfully there ll be enough gas to kill the fleas lol seriously i dunno and please im me or keep in contact with me k?

Yes, that´s what I said in my first post to chop a piece of fresh garlic finely and mixed them in cat foods once a week. I noticed some of posts mentioned about garlic powder or pills... interesting... I haven´t try it... I use a piece of fresh finely chopped garlic all the time. Powder or pill mmmhhh I will try it and see if it work on my cats.

now i'm starting to wonder if that will work on ferrets? I dont have fleas but I do have cats and dogs in the household and don't want the ferrets to become infested as I have not seen any flea prevention stuff for ferrets only.... I'm a frontline user, yes I occasionally spot a flea on the dogs from the dog park, but once they bite, they die.. no worries there

now i'm starting to wonder if that will work on ferrets? I dont have fleas but I do have cats and dogs in the household and don't want the ferrets to become infested as I have not seen any flea prevention stuff for ferrets only.... I'm a frontline user, yes I occasionally spot a flea on the dogs from the dog park, but once they bite, they die.. no worries there

That's good question.. I dont know much about ferrets.. i guess you need to discuss with your vet..

Back