Flavius Josephus

Status
Not open for further replies.

mecooncat

Reaction score
My husband told me this guy,Flavius Josephus, is the one who wrote and seen everything about Jesus. :)

Flavius Josephus Home Page

Last edited:
I have a copy of his book, The Works of Josephus, Complete and Unabridged, New Updated Edition (1987), translated by William Whiston. It's not inspired by God, nor is it infallible, but it's a good reference book for getting the settings and context of Biblical events. It also has useful sections in the appendix, such as, chronologies, genealogical table of the patriarchs, Jewish weights and measures, calendars, lists of ancient testimonies, and list of texts of the OT that parallel with Josephus' histories.

It's not the kind of book that you take to the beach for vacation reading but it's interesting to read in topical "chunks".

Josephus's work is best view...

Josephus's works has a good point of view from a non-believer or you can say better, a Jewish man who does not follow Jesus. His writing really showed that the Bible told the truth since he heard all about Jesus Christ. Josephus did NOT see Jesus since Jesus died on Cross around 30-33 AD. Josephus was around much later 1st century. He heard from people and did his research. He wrote everything that Christians and Jewish people knew about at the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back