Flashing Display until text is answered! Now I know why they jail-break iPhones!

jack55

Reaction score
I'm legally deaf and can't hear phones, so I use these smart phones as PDA's, internet, texting and email.

When I had my Blackberry & Blackjack, there were apps or programs you could buy that would turn the screen on when you get a text mail. It would either have a blinking light or the screen would come on and stay on for a certain amount of time at intervals until you open it. My biggest gripe about the iPhone, (and a lot of other cell phones) is the lack of a app or program to let me know when someone has texted or emailed me when it is not in my pocket and is laying on the desk.

Now I know why they jail-break iPhones!
AT&T or Apple tries to restrict what you can buy for whatever reasons. I could NOT find the alert app I needed on Apples or AT&T's sites, so after I did the jailbreak, I found the app I needed.
IntelliScreen - iPhone Lockscreen Widgets
IntelliScreen - iPhone Lockscreen Widgets
This is a fantastic program for deaf folks like myself. I've tried it and LOVE it.
For the life of me, I don't know why Apple & AT&T don't sell it?

On IntelliScreen website, they tell you how to jailbreak your iPhone too.

Last edited:
I jailbroke my iPod so that I could use Bluetooth keyboards -- I like folding keyboards, such as Freedom Input or Stowaways that I purchase off eBay, because these are touchtypeable keyboards that I can fold and put in my pocket.

Now iOS 4.0 has come out and now it supports the keyboard without jailbreak! So I don't need to jailbreak but there are legitimate accessbility reasons to jailbreak an iDevice....

Found another reason for a jailbreak. I wanted to have a battery meter and Apple was too stupid not to include one. This works great:

http://www.redmondpie.com/enable-iphone-3gs-battery-percentage-on-iphone-3g-and-iphone-2g-9140073/

Back