Flash

rimjhim

Reaction score
I have created a web page and included a flash button in that.I want to link that button to a parcular section of another web page.I mean if i click that buuton...that should open another web page (particular section). Please help me out of this.

I know flash actionscript/animation very well. I studied it for 2 years from high school.

1. YOU NEED TO CREATE PUSHBUTTON FROM COMPENENTS (DRAG THE PUSHBUTTON ICON TO THE STAGE).
2. TYPE 'CLICK' IN THE CLICK HANDLER BLANK AT THE BUTTON'S PROPERTIES.
3. COPY THIS CODE BELOW AND PASTE IT INTO 1ST FRAME.

//==============
//PUT THIS CODE INTO 1ST FRAME
//==============
function click()
{
getURL("http://mycrib.net", "_blank");
}
//==============

Sorry, this is off subject.

Does Macromedia Company still selling Flash software? What about the changes in between Adobe and Macromedia's products? I heard that some of their products are no longer on the market. Indeed, Dreamweaver is the best one so far.

Adobe GoLive - officially deceased
Macromedia FreeHand - officially deceased

Other products - I don't know.

Have you checked their website? Usually, the best place for product information is on the website. If you're looking for a previous version of a specific product, you can sometimes check with stores like CompUSA or BestBuy... depending on how old the product is.

AOFrozenCity said:
I know flash actionscript/animation very well. I studied it for 2 years from high school.

1. YOU NEED TO CREATE PUSHBUTTON FROM COMPENENTS (DRAG THE PUSHBUTTON ICON TO THE STAGE).
2. TYPE 'CLICK' IN THE CLICK HANDLER BLANK AT THE BUTTON'S PROPERTIES.
3. COPY THIS CODE BELOW AND PASTE IT INTO 1ST FRAME.

//==============
//PUT THIS CODE INTO 1ST FRAME
//==============
function click()
{
getURL("http://mycrib.net", "_blank");
}
//==============

But this will open a new web page from top....and i want it to open in a partucular section of that page...As it is working perfectly fine in flash...i mean if i check it in flash...the link is opening to that particular portion but when i am puting the swf file in dreamweaver and executing it in a web page...the link is opening properly but from top..not in that specific part of the page.
I have created a button and the actionscript given to that is....
on (release) {
getURL ("C:\\Documents and Settings\\rimjhim\\My Documents\\mantle_page\\mantle_page1.htm#a", "_blank");
}

In the web page...particular portion...
<a name="a">

the page is not opening with url #a

I don't know how to solve this problem...it seems that i am few steps away from what i want but not getting the solution...pls help

VamPyroX said:
Have you checked their website? Usually, the best place for product information is on the website. If you're looking for a previous version of a specific product, you can sometimes check with stores like CompUSA or BestBuy... depending on how old the product is.

which site u want me to check....i'll tell the process how i have done it...if u can help me...

I have created a button and the actionscript given to that is....
on (release) {
getURL ("C:\\Documents and Settings\\rimjhim\\My Documents\\mantle_page\\mantle_page1.htm#a", "_blank");
}

In the web page...particular portion...
<a name="a">

the page is not opening with url #a

I don't know how to solve this problem...it seems that i am few steps away from what i want but not getting the solution...pls help

Back