First weekend of the new year!

pek1

Reaction score
Hej everyone! How did your new year's go? I worked that night, but was off early so I could stay off the roads and away from the drunk drivers. I had to work New Year's Day, but found out later that this day was like none other.

For starters, I deliver pizza. The other driver that was supposed to work, I guess, had requested it off, so it was just the manager and I working. We got hit with so many orders, which is the bright side; the bad side is that the orders were up to 1 1/2 hours late. First thing that happened is that the sign blew off my van (it was very windy) and someone found it and brought it to the store. Then, as I was on a four-pizza delivery (four different places, not four pizza), I was slowing down to turn right onto another side street to my third delivery. Just before the intersection, a car came around the corner from the left, swung wide and hit my van on the front left corner, knocking out the lens for my marker light. The light is still working, as are my turn signals and headlights.

What made this unusual is the other car. I recognized the first letter of the license plate, which was a court-issued plate. The owner had been convicted of drunk driving and has to have that plate there, can't sell the car and every vehicle he owns has to have this same kind of plate on it. He called the police on my insistance, which is probably the reason that his insurance company can't get ahold of him (I'm already going after him). Hopefully, sometime within the next week or two, I'll get some money to fix my van.

Then, after I got back to the store, the driver that couldn't make it was in and delivered the two pizzas. (It would be another two hours before any more drivers came in to work). To add insult to injury, I was delivering another pizza and while backing out of that driveway, I cut my wheel too soon to the right, so I buried my front left in a snowbank. I then declared, "I wish winter was over!" Funny thing is, winter has only been here since a couple days before Christmas, but because we've had snow for awhile, it seems longer.

On a bright note, neither I nor Snickers were injured in this accident, as the damage is minimal. She handled herself like a trooper and all of you would have been proud.

So, how was your New Year's? Hopefully, everyone stayed away from their steering wheel if you drank and you didn't allow your friends to drive after they drank . . . right? Let's hope for a better 2008!

I`am glad that you are o.k. I been down with a bad cold for my first week of the new year.

Wow! Quite a chain of unfortunate events. Glad you and snickers are O.K. Hope you nab that guy and make him pay.

My New Year was good. I originally planned to stay home and have a small fire. My cousin called me New Years Eve morning. Ended up going out on the boat, to the Marina,off of Alifia River met up with friends and family. Partied there til midnight. Shot off fireworks. Had a great time.

:eek:!! Glad you re okay!

My new year was good and till 4 a.m. to home! :):)

My New Year's was good! Our friend is sick with flu! EKKKK! So I am staying away from them!

For this weekend plans...probably nothing much...go up see friend and drop off the baby clothes and chat for a while. I haven't see her for a month.

So have a great weekend!

Pek1 I am glad ya ok!

wow i am glad that u are okay.. whew..

well, since i started sick this morning i think i have flu.. blah!

oh my i am glad you are ok

my first weekend of new year are good got my new power cord for my laptop and got my internet back on my laptop whew

Glad your alright and nothing major or serious bodily injury. I sure hope your insurance or the pizza company insurance can handle your auto damages since it did happen during company time.

Wow! What a bad start to the New Year, Pek1, but most important nobody was seriously hurt. Glad you are ok!!!

My weekend was kinda quiet. Friday night, my dad took all of us out for pizza and we just chilled. Came back home..chatted all night. Saturday, dropped my dad off at the airport and just cleaned up my house all day. Today, I went out for lunch with my girlfriends, finished up the laundry, did 1 hour of dancing (for exercise) and now I am getting mentally ready to get back to work tmw after having 2 weeks off. It is gonna be tough!

I got home and went to fix a leak on my toilet and the whole tank on the back busted to peices and since local blue law requires almost everything to shut down at 6pm on Sundays we are now spending the night without a toilet. the store reopens @ 7 in the morning so wish us luck getting thru the night!

We had a very nice New Years - spend it at a friends house and was home pretty early (by 12:45 ish) .. it was nice a quiet :)

Thanks for the encouragement, everyone! I see that everyone was pretty busy . . . from a busted toilet (oh man, bad timing!) to being sick (stay away from me -- nothing personal) to coming in at 4 am?! Wow! I did that once, was wiped out the next day and I didn't have any alcohol!

Well, our first 2008 weekend was terrible, because of the storm that knocked the power that caused outages in three states (Central California all the way to Washington State) for 1 day in darkness for us but for others some of them are still out of power since Friday morning. We had to cook our dinner on BBQ grill to prevent the foods go spoiled during power outage. We are doing ok now....

That's good to hear, whitewolves. Heard about the storms. It was windy one night last week and thought to myself, "all we need now is a tornado!" A couple days later, Wisconsin (next state to the east of mine) got hit by one. Weird weather!

Okay, here's an update on the damages on my van. I received a phone call from the insurance company yesterday and they just dropped off a check to the body shop for the repairs needed. The van should be ready by Tuesday and the damages are just a little over $830.00, don't recall the exact amount, but it was in this range. The guy didn't hit me very hard, but for a '98 minivan, I wanted it to look somewhat reasonable for a few years, as it had 95,000 miles on it when I got it this last summer and has about 107K on it now.

Back