First Videophone - Should I go w/ Ojo, D-Link, VP-100/VP-200???

Ann Elizabeth

Reaction score
I have only used a webcam for VRS in the past but was thinking about finally getting a videophone . . . Any help on the pluses/minuses on the different brands would be very helpful! Right now I can't decide on Ojo, VP-100 (hopefully VP-200!) or a D-Link! Help!

I would go for vp-100 or 200.

d-link only be able to dial ip number but vp-100 0r 200 can dial both either phone number or ip number.

Im not familiar with any VP productions. I know its not easy to answer. But I studied all videophone, and realize that they are the same quality and access before I got one. SVRS, Ojo, on and on lists you named. they can access any vrs via vptp (Video Point-to-Point) thru ip address provide where it capable to access. Since July 2007 FCC finally announced to require all vp companies provide to share same access. all vp companies 's vp equpiments made by D-link. like all att, sprint, ip relay now use Soreenson d-link vp or other vp via IP address to access.

For instance, you choose Sorenson vp, or other company name vp. So SVP can access any (IP relay or AT&T or sprint, i711) VRS via vptp.

They just are commerical to make people to choice. They are not important brand name nor products, indeed. Any product VP is very basic, easy to use and access. Depend on your's decision which one best quality of ojo's picture or Sorenson vp's picture on tv screen view by your eyes. If you ordered Sorenson VP, they will provide you new VP 200, not VP 100. Because VP 100 is outdated and disconutined products. that why they upgraded VP 200 what you will get one! ;)

How to add (any company vrs).tv to your address book:

#1. IP-VRS: Dial> tv.ipvrs.com
AT&T VRS: Dial> attvrs.tv
HOVRS: Dial> hovrs.tv
0SprintTV: Dial> Sprintvrs.tv
i711 VRS: Dial> i711.tv

Those use IP address via VPTP (video point to point).

I would go for Sorenson because it not base of quality and it not because the Sorenson is number one.

The reason Sorenson is product their own device. I have seen their product of mold (product design before create it) of VP200. I am impress that Sorenson design those stuff while another VRS doesn't but software.

The software I like the most, and the MOST is Viable.net is did awesome job for what I need to represent to people due my job as part time.

Important is...
service
able to assist
better communicate
friendly machine such as use those machine
ask your family or friend who is hearing and see which VRS is good

For example; several time... I call other than Sorenson VRS.. I did try CSDVRS or HOVRS, my family not impressive with understand what I say. I did try Sorenson, Viable, and i711 and my parents like their service. Myself don't understand because I don't listen the phone. Once a while the Interpreter can be training due their new experince on video to video than real clinic is huge different for them. Reason; sign outside has 3 different sign. Which I prefer Sorenson because they know where I am from and they can interpreter correct. While another VRS doesn't have that kind feature to be easier and friendly.

What is not important

FAST is FAST, please.. fast?? If i want Fast and I went to eat out and heard "fast! WHOA!" I order the food what I want from menu. It come out as clumpy. I don't think so....

Deal with IP Address issue with sign mail have to update so the VRS can contact my videophone or webcam device while Sorenson and OJO doesn't need deal with IP Address be update itself.

Zoom is popular excuse for people, I want VP200 because of zoom except who is disability that different.

So keep your mind, Sorenson is 80 percent among on marketing.

I am going vote which I like and why

1. Sorenson; VP has contact list include VRS phone number of hearing instead giving number like other VRS do. If VP id damaged and can transfer to replace VP without any hassle.

2. i711; I like their AIM because it hold contact list for example; I simple type, mom and it automatic dial on only AIM. i711 do the same thing who is sign as member.

3.Viable; I like their program because I can show people on my computer to show my work or show the picture. Only thing I don't like about Viable, same interpreter, I rather different interpreter not like Sorenson has various interpreter.

Right now Sorenson is something happen and exciting news. I rather not say it because it not my job to say until the publish. I don't know when released to public.

Remember.. whatever say "VP (whatever name is it) is first and invest first." Remember sometime other VRS provide release the last that do same thing with Nintendo wait after PS2 release and then Nintendo release because Nintendo want something better that PS2 face the problem.

It call business and yes.. some VRS want provide us the well service, but not interest the "BEST", the BEST doesn't deserve a honor or respect.

you can apply Sorenson VRS

Welcome to VP!

Get them all! Once you've tried them you can choose the one you like. For now, due to just about veveryone having one, the Sorenson VP-200 is the choice for me. If the Ojo vor the VPAD, or some other one gets hot then one of them might be better. Time will tell.

please choice one and stick with it. Don't change or use all too much. It's so confuse.

Thank you all for your posts! I think I might try to get more than one and see which one I like . . . I am scared of having to hook it all up - not great with computers.

It is all depend. Mine took about 2 weeks and some about 6 to 12 months some a few weeks or few months. It is all depend.

I own both Vp100 and Ojo. I like them both and both are great VP.

But I think you will have a better luck and will get it faster if you go with Sorenson VP however it doesn't hurt to apply for both and see which one arrives first heh.

Just like which Pizza Hut or Pizza Domain delivery first to our door.. heh

About that Sorenson processing and OJO....

I rather stick with Sorenson because I ... I ... applied that OJO about 3 years ago. I sign up to alert when its release... they didn't happen.... I have to redo to sign again. Strange thing... I know who person sign the OJO and two week later person got one. We decide to do that at same time.. So I have been waiting since June 2007.

Beside... Sorenson can shipping to Trainer device and then Trainer is the most hassle issue due depend on their preform. If you are not happy with their training, simple email to vrscomments@sorenson.com and complaint about they didn't begin show up until two days later without email for reason why not able come.

I rather to know why they aren't coming my house instead nagging at Customer Service... which it will go into vrscomments@sorenson.com and also can complaint technical support or interpreter on their preform.

Any way....

Keep that mind, Sorenson is little technical and while OJO is free technical.. remember... Sorenson provide technical support within 24 hours for any issue.

Wish that Sorenson have technical ip address like help.svrs.tv for us use the webcam if we have problem with videophone.

I own both Vp100 and Ojo. I like them both and both are great VP.

But I think you will have a better luck and will get it faster if you go with Sorenson VP however it doesn't hurt to apply for both and see which one arrives first heh.

VP 200 you can get it quickly if you apply for it.. as long as you have cablemodem or dsl.. OJO... i s on long waiting list.. i still wait for it.. but i have VP 200

Back